It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:01 pm 

Going to the game tomorrow. Have not been to a game in years. What is the best way to get to Wrigley Field from The West Suburbs?

Thinking about taking the train to Union Station and a bus to the Red Line. Other alternative would be to drive to Harlem and catch the Red Line.

I hate driving in the city and am trying to avoid it if possible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Move

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
If you have a helicopter guy, that’s probably your best bet.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Last edited by This Ends in Antioch on Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Juiced wrote:
Going to the game tomorrow. Have not been to a game in years. What is the best way to get to Wrigley Field from The West Suburbs?
Make sure you're headed East.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Metra + Red line is probably your best bet. Red Line is usually packed though and its gotten... interesting lately.

A few alternatives:

There's parking along Addison if you are well west of the park, say around Addison and Harlem or something. You can bus it in from there and bus it back. Avoids all the city traffic then you can take 294 from Irving and head to whichever expressway works best. Bus felt a little safer last time I took it.

There's a lot on Irving and California (?), that you can park and get a bus. Problem is that you still have to drive down Irving and the city traffic sucks.

You could also park at Cumberland and 90 and take the blue line to the red line, but its a bit out of the way. You can also get off the Blue Line at one of the stops like Irving, but its a hell of a walk.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:46 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I’d you have a helicopter guy, that’s probably your best bet.

Unless you are Kobe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:11 pm 

Just drive you pussy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Metra/redline is fine, but not fast. And you either have to walk to State street or transfer from the Brown line.

I have driven and used the Cubs free lot at Irving Park and Rockwell. The busses are crappy school busses, but they drop you off and pick you up curbside in their own special spot at Addison and Sheffield. Efficient, and the bus driver deals with the worst of the traffic right around Wrigley. And did I mention FREE?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Shabbhir the Uber Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
Shabbhir the Uber Driver
:lol: :lol:

Better leave now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:35 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Metra + Red line is probably your best bet. Red Line is usually packed though and its gotten... interesting lately.

A few alternatives:

There's parking along Addison if you are well west of the park, say around Addison and Harlem or something. You can bus it in from there and bus it back. Avoids all the city traffic then you can take 294 from Irving and head to whichever expressway works best. Bus felt a little safer last time I took it.

There's a lot on Irving and California (?), that you can park and get a bus. Problem is that you still have to drive down Irving and the city traffic sucks.

You could also park at Cumberland and 90 and take the blue line to the red line, but its a bit out of the way. You can also get off the Blue Line at one of the stops like Irving, but its a hell of a walk.

Thanks for the detailed response. Leaning toward parking around Harlem and taking the bus.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:37 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
Metra/redline is fine, but not fast. And you either have to walk to State street or transfer from the Brown line.

I have driven and used the Cubs free lot at Irving Park and Rockwell. The busses are crappy school busses, but they drop you off and pick you up curbside in their own special spot at Addison and Sheffield. Efficient, and the bus driver deals with the worst of the traffic right around Wrigley. And did I mention FREE?

How big is the free lot? Does it fill up quickly? Not like I am going to a Sox game and wouldn't have to worry about attendance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

From Union Station, you can walk about a block/block and a half due south and catch the blue line at Clinton, then ride that for a couple stops and transfer to the red line at Jackson or Clark/Lake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Juiced wrote:

A few alternatives:

Thanks for the detailed response. Leaning toward parking around Harlem and taking the bus.

There's also the obligatory stop at Rolling Stones Records on Harlem and Irving to get those latest Compact Disc releases!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:48 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
From Union Station, you can walk about a block/block and a half due south and catch the blue line at Clinton, then ride that for a couple stops and transfer to the red line at Jackson or Clark/Lake

Thanks Frank.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:51 pm 

Juiced wrote:

A few alternatives:

There's also the obligatory stop at Rolling Stones Records on Harlem and Irving to get those latest Compact Disc releases!

My teenage daughter just used up my blank disks as wall decorations in her room. :?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:12 pm 

Juiced wrote:

A few alternatives:

You can park on Ashland north of addison

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:13 pm 

drive to Rosemont. Find a chili's. Watch the game from the bar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:28 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Juiced wrote:

A few alternatives:

You visit Wrigleyville often? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:46 pm 

Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Juiced wrote:

A few alternatives:

You visit Wrigleyville often? :shock:

boystown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Juiced wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

How big is the free lot? Does it fill up quickly? Not like I am going to a Sox game and wouldn't have to worry about attendance.

I've used it twice after Dennis recommended it and I would use it again. Both times I've gotten there around two hours before game time and it's never been close to full. If you're planning on rolling in an hour before the game starts, that might be a different story.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The last time I did it, I parked at Rosemont CTA around 10:30 and took the Blue Line to Irving Park and the 80 bus to Sheridan. Stopped at Byron's for lunch, then walked down Sheffield to the game. Going back I left early because there was a tornado warning and they had stopped play for a while, so I was able to get an Addison bus back to the Blue Line.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Train route talk to and from Wrigley made me think of.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:11 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Blue Line's all messed up these days. You might find yourself waiting 20 minutes for the next train. Might as well just get your steps in and walk to State Street.