It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2023 Cubs: 83-79
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
who predicted 83 wins? be honest? wasn't there a prediction thread when the season began? I think I had them at 77 wins

Post subject: Re: 2023 Cubs: 83-79
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
How many more wins til they clinch a playoff spot?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Same playoff games as white Sox.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
It's almost exactly where I had them. I had them at 84 and eliminated the last week of the season, although I thought the 3rd wild card would be at 87 wins because I didn't think the Mets and Padres would both shit the bed. I figured they would get eliminated in Atlanta.

The sequencing of how they got there was unexpected, they were far streakier (good and bad) than I thought they would be. The number of pitchers with significant IL time (I counted 7 including a couple who missed the entire season such as Ethan Roberts) needs to be considered when putting together next year's roster.

David Ross did not learn from Leo Durocher: you cannot play all your starting position players and your top four relievers every single day without them wearing down. He needed to be better about rotating the four OF as well as Swanson and Hoerner through the DH spot each week, even if that meant enduring Morel's lack of defense more frequently.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i heard what ricketts said about being disappointed because "the playoffs were our goal this year". what?

cue up the bluesy electric marquee guitar.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Most people had them around 500 before the season started, so it's not that big of a disappointment. They need to find some young talent in their system though because they can't continue to spend money on free agents.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:26 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
It's almost exactly where I had them. I had them at 84 and eliminated the last week of the season, although I thought the 3rd wild card would be at 87 wins because I didn't think the Mets and Padres would both shit the bed. I figured they would get eliminated in Atlanta.

The sequencing of how they got there was unexpected, they were far streakier (good and bad) than I thought they would be. The number of pitchers with significant IL time (I counted 7 including a couple who missed the entire season such as Ethan Roberts) needs to be considered when putting together next year's roster.

David Ross did not learn from Leo Durocher: you cannot play all your starting position players and your top four relievers every single day without them wearing down. He needed to be better about rotating the four OF as well as Swanson and Hoerner through the DH spot each week, even if that meant enduring Morel's lack of defense more frequently.

one honest man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

The Braves rarely rest their starters. Some of these guys are just soft