It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Raw Deal Rossy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
The Cubs don't owe Ross shit. He had no experience when they took him in and groomed him to be a manager on a fast track despite no credentials or resume

Agreed. He's guilty of working behind Maddon's back to steal his job. It's the nature of the business.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Counsell is obviously an upgrade, but I thought Rossy did a nice job (until the end there, when I actually started watching them).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:14 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
This is nothing more than Jed trying to make his own splash and get out of Theo's shadow.

Ross was becoming a great manager and he will easily find another job if he wants one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:55 am 

sure, its justice for great character guy rossy, who two timed his wife and walked out on his family, but its still an indication of low character from a typically low character organization

Has Jed Hoyer ever had an original thought? He just repeats whatever he saw Theo do

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
good dolphin wrote:
sure, its justice for great character guy rossy, who two timed his wife and walked out on his family, but its still an indication of low character from a typically low character organization

Has Jed Hoyer ever had an original thought? He just repeats whatever he saw Theo do

Well Theo has won two championships (Boston and Cubs) so imitation isn't exactly bad. A large business with low character...shocking. Weak troll game this morning sir (Or weak pearl clutching).

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:19 am 

weak is not even a good word for it.

He is like Joe Namath hobbling around in a Ram uniform

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:28 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Well Theo has won two championships (Boston and Cubs) so imitation isn't exactly bad. A large business with low character...shocking. Weak troll game this morning sir (Or weak pearl clutching).

Jed missed the championship part.

but Theo was always at his greatest when given an open checkbook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:47 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Jed being allowed to pay $8 million a year for the new manager might be an indicator of a checkbook being opened for him as well (of course it might not be). It could be an interesting winter of Hot Stove Baseball for fans of Chicago's North Side Ballclub. I realize hope is a dangerous thing there Red...but hope springs eternal and this bodes well for a winter where sports wise I thought I'd only be looking for positves from a young Canadian.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:58 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Jed being allowed to pay $8 million a year for the new manager might be an indicator of a checkbook being opened for him as well (of course it might not be). It could be an interesting winter of Hot Stove Baseball for fans of Chicago's North Side Ballclub. I realize hope is a dangerous thing there Red...but hope springs eternal and this bodes well for a winter where sports wise I thought I'd only be looking for positves from a young Canadian.

I was being sarcastic. Theo's downfall in both Boston and Chicago was when he was given unlimited resources in free agency.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:27 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Jed being allowed to pay $8 million a year for the new manager might be an indicator of a checkbook being opened for him as well (of course it might not be). It could be an interesting winter of Hot Stove Baseball for fans of Chicago's North Side Ballclub. I realize hope is a dangerous thing there Red...but hope springs eternal and this bodes well for a winter where sports wise I thought I'd only be looking for positives from a young Canadian.

I was being sarcastic. Theo's downfall in both Boston and Chicago was when he was given unlimited resources in free agency.

Ah...example being the Heyward money, got it.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

wrong.

The drafts and amateur signings went to shit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:50 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

wrong.

The drafts and amateur signings went to shit

Fuck. Am I really going to have to dig up all the work I've already done on this topic?

Trust me, I'm correct on this

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

I wouldn't be surprised if David Ross never spoke to Jed Hoyer ever again. Ross strikes me as that type. He'll hold that grudge forever. I would too if I were him.

I also don't think Ross will attend any Wrigley tributes for the 2016 team as long as Hoyer is still with the Cubs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:04 am 

Beardown wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if David Ross never spoke to Jed Hoyer ever again. Ross strikes me as that type. He'll hold that grudge forever. I would too if I were him.

I also don't think Ross will attend any Wrigley tributes for the 2016 team as long as Hoyer is still with the Cubs.

He's a narcissist. He can't stay away from the applause.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

He's a narcissist. He can't stay away from the applause.

The Cubs will do a pleasant video montage when he comes back to town managing the Padres.