It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A.Jones
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Yes I basically posted the same thing in the Sox threads, but why not throw this guy a $35M contract for 3 years and see what happens?

Hendry at least ha a very good relationship with Boras, so it will not be seen as an insult. Yes, Frank I am saying that Kenny and Boars have a bad relationship and that hinders the Sox ability to get A Jones at a good deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:35 am 

Again:

Eric Byrnes- 10 million per year, signed at the end of the 2007 season...and you wish to sign Andrew Jones to basically the same deal...when Boras was seeking double that from Atlanta...but it is not insulting because it is the cubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:41 am 

Read alot on this Fukodome and seems that while he can play CF, they predict him as a better RF. I think they are waiting to complete this deal first.

Post subject: Re: A.Jones
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Yes I basically posted the same thing in the Sox threads, but why not throw this guy a $35M contract for 3 years and see what happens?

Hendry at least ha a very good relationship with Boras, so it will not be seen as an insult. Yes, Frank I am saying that Kenny and Boars have a bad relationship and that hinders the Sox ability to get A Jones at a good deal.

Because he wants around $20 million a season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
The starting outfield should be:

LF, Soriano
CF, Pie
RF, Fukudome

I think this is the time to give Pie a shot at starting (almost) everyday in the outfield. It would be pointless to bring in a high priced veteran, who seems to have lost his stroke at the plate while you have this kid. We (and he) can't wait forever to see what Pie can do.

And, if things don't go so smoothly in spring training, then if the Cubs also get Teahen, then Fukudome (who is a Torii Hunter-like outfielder, I've been told) could play center, and Teahen right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:34 pm 

Yes, BD we know what he wants, but if you put $10 million in front of a guy and nobody puts anything else, I have a feeling he might just take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:42 pm 

He would have his pick of teams at 10 million. Even at 15 million I assume he would get multiple offers. In light of Hunter getting 18 it really is not outrageos for Jones to get 20. He is two years younger and at their best, Jones is much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
But you have to take into consideration the type of year he's coming off of, which of course was his free agent year. As we all know, players tend to over achieve during their free agent year and obviously Andrew Jones did not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pompous Ed wrote:
Yes, BD we know what he wants, but if you put $10 million in front of a guy and nobody puts anything else, I have a feeling he might just take it.

I don't think that he'll have to settle for that when guys like Guillen are getting $12 million a year over 3 years. I don't doubt that he may have to take a short-term deal, but I think he'd get at least $15 a year.