It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOX "TICKET REVENUE"
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
This is all from the ISFA website and shows a BAD Deal for the State. I just did the basic Math, and I know other line items exist but this is major stuff.

2005 Fees paid from Sox to ISFA $1.87M (World Series year)
2006 Fees paid from Sox to ISFA $3.5 M

while a number of other line items exist on the Expenditure side the one that stands out is

MAINTENANCE
2005 $4M and 2006 $8 M. Which the ISFA pays?

This is a TERRIBLE DEAL FOR THE STATE.

Other things about this deal is the "NUMBER OF OTHER EVENTS' that they talk about as a means of revenue got them $73,000 in 2006 and $216,000 in 2005?

Note the $10M capital expenditure in 2005? what was that for?

And the BIG ONE, look at how much Hotel Tax Revenue goes to support this effort annually $30 Million!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $30 Million a year from Hotel Tax GONE!!!!! Then on top of that, the City kicks in $5 M a year and the State kicks in another $5 million a year flat.

Anyone need any LUBE for this deal????

http://hallpcsupport.com/isfa/AR_2006.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:41 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You're the master at exposing the Reinsdorf bullshit, bigfan, but here's something I liked from an interview with him:

Quote:
Illinois taxpayers also got the short end of the deal. While Reinsdorf innocently insists, "I didn't get into baseball to make money. Baseball is my religion. I'm happy to break even," the Comiskey deal gave him free rent for up to 1.2 million in attendance each year. The Sox pay the state $2.50 for every ticket from 1.2 to 2 million, yet the team also gets back $5 million a year for stadium repairs and maintenance. In addition, the state buys 300,000 tickets if attendance drops below 1.5 after the year 2001, so in actuality, Reinsdorf got public funds to build his stadium and subsidies to guarantee its profitability.

Oh, Chicago. $30MM of hotel taxes, huh? Imagine how much real people's real lives could be improved with that money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I know everyone (Especially Frank) thinks I hate Jerry R and thats just not true.

The guy is a fucking genius. The ability to manipulate a deal is amazing. The guy has been nothing but good to me and responsible for Bulls stories that are just amazing.

With all of that, it just does not make it right that the Illinois Politicians bow upon his demands. He controls alot of money, not just personal money but between his children, investors, friends etc. he can finance a number of political careers and has.

Jerry did what was best for his investment. I believe he did not get into Baseball to make money, but he was not looking to stay in it either if he kept losing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:21 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think he's a genius too, but I don't like him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:14 am 

bigfan wrote:
With all of that, it just does not make it right that the Illinois Politicians bow upon his demands. He controls alot of money, not just personal money but between his children, investors, friends etc. he can finance a number of political careers and has.

McCaskey, Wirtz, Trib Co., Zell, all finance politicians too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:02 pm 

Bigfan,
I don't think you hate Jerry Reinsdorf. I just think that you underestimate that sports teams in every major city screw over the taxpayers.

Look what is happening with the Seattle SuperSonics.
Look at the $500-$600 million that the state of Indiana is on the hook for to build Lucas Oil.

Jerry Reinsdorf does screw over the taxpayers, but so does just about any sports franchise that can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jerry Reinsdorf does screw over the taxpayers, but so does just about any sports franchise that can.

Not the Storm or the Sky!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:25 am 
1000 CLUB

you can't blame the guy for being a brilliant negotiator. It's totally the fault of the politicians who fall to the wizardry of Mr. Reinsdorf. The "people" have been getting whored out now for a couple of decades this doesn't surprse me at all.

Hmm.. Money for super rich baseball team or crumbling, underperforming school system...

Take me out to the ball game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:07 pm 

well if they have to pay for every ticket sold after 1.2 million than maybe thats why jerry dosent spend money on free agents.