It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coco Crisp?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Ellsbury went hitless in four at-bats on Friday, leaving his spring average at .063.

Got a feeling Coco Gogo Nono

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i dont mind coco crisp, i just wouldnt trade for him if i were in the cubs shoes. as long as pie/fuld can field the ball out there in center, anything they can do at the plate is a bonus. crisp hasnt exactly hit the cover off the ball in the last couple years, and dont see him as much if any of an upgrade over the 2 guys the cubs have already. the cubs lineup should be productive enough where those guys can bat 8th and maybe hit a little bit.

they love ellsbury in boston, i am sure they weill be VERY patient with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Not doubting they want Elsbury to stay/improve, but all I am saying is that Crisp is going nowhere at this time until Elsbury proves he is a MLB player everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:38 am 

I read somewhere that the bosox are not to high on getting Marquis and Fuld in return for Coco (go figure..lol) I am thinking it will take Marshall and another prospect or two. I dont know, I would hold off at this point as see if Pie can carry his decent spring into the regular season, if not, pull off a deal. I assume they will make one with the extra starting pitching they have though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:45 am 

RodeoVann wrote:
I read somewhere that the bosox are not to high on getting Marquis and Fuld in return for Coco (go figure..lol) I am thinking it will take Marshall and another prospect or two. I dont know, I would hold off at this point as see if Pie can carry his decent spring into the regular season, if not, pull off a deal. I assume they will make one with the extra starting pitching they have though.
save your prospects, and give baltimore whatever the heck it is they want for roberts. roberts could possibly be the missing piece of the puzzle for the cubs. crisp is another guy in the outfield to bat 8th. center should be left for fuld and pie to fight it out in my opinon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:35 pm 

Pie looking like a young Rudy Law. Looks like Lou may have gotten through to him?

How About Brian Anderson and Jerry Owens for Pie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
FYI wrote:
Pie looking like a young Rudy Law. Looks like Lou may have gotten through to him?

How About Brian Anderson and Jerry Owens for Pie?

How about Marquis and Dempster for Buerhle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:35 pm 

i think pie is one of those guys that, if given the job and allowed to bat 8th every day without worry of getting benched, can start to produce. i actually like his speed way down there at the bottom of the lineup, if they can get the inning through the pitcher and back to the top of the lineup. he can create some runs down there that you wouldnt expect from the 8 spot, if he can show a little patience and speed. seriously, if he can hit .250 and play really good defense, that would be fine. i just dont see the advantage of trading for another centerfielder to bat 8th (although i have read that they want a righty-lefty platoon out there). just give him the job, and give him 400 AB's and see what happens.