It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Angels
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:16 pm 

Now with their number 1 and 2 starters out for the first 2 months of the season, there may be a chance to deal Marquis or Marshall to them. Heard George say possibly Marshall for Reggie Willits. I think that would be a solid deal, making Willits your centerfielder and your stolen base threat if you don't make the Roberts deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
that doesn't sound like a bad deal. i still think the cubs need to run pie out there and see what he can do for an extended period of time. trading for willits would pretty much mean they are calling it quits on pie ever being the centerfielder. leadoff man is such a glaring need for them, though, and willits looks pretty solid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
From what I have seen thus far of Pie, I'm okay with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:07 am 

It's going to take more than that to get Willits. They love him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:41 am 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
good dolphin wrote:

They may well love him, but can they afford to demand more in a trade being without their top two starters?
This, like the never ending Roberts drama, seems destined to drag on into the regular season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:46 am 

Lackey will be out until May. Escobar I am not as certain as. My guess is they will try and get out of the gate with Garland and crew and skip the fifth starter for the first month until Lackey gets back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
kerchungathunk wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

They may well love him, but can they afford to demand more in a trade being without their top two starters?
This, like the never ending Roberts drama, seems destined to drag on into the regular season.

a few days ago on the Score, Murph and Jesse Rogers were talking as if the Roberts deal had already gone through. they were discussing the potential batting order and everything. i was really amazed until i figured out that it was all speculation.

also, as hawkeye vince says, the angels' need for a starter isn't as great as the cubs' need for a cf - if indeed they are cutting their losses with felix pie. to get willits, i think they'll need to give up more than sean marshall, another guy they appear to have given up on, but who could do well in the friendlier confines of anaheim stadium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:43 am 

i just dont see where the cubs are that desperate for a CF. pie can play the field, i have heard no complaints about that part of his game. he is going to bat 8th, that seems pretty certain. this team isnt going to win and lose based on what pie does at the plate. if he has a good year, it will be nice suprise, but this teams success is determined by 1-6 in that order, and getting roberts in that 1 hole takes the cubs to a whole new level. im fine starting the season with pie, and letting him play every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
Seems to me the Cubs want to get better, why have the attitude Pie is good enough to play the field and bat 8th when you can have a guy who can put up better numbers? It should be about winning and getting the best players to win the whole dam thing, not hoping a guy has a pretty good year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:00 am 

agreed, my point of view is that you dont know what you have in pie. it seems a bit early to be abandoning ship on him. you KNOW there is a real problem at leadoff. nobody they have fills that bill at all, it is a known problem. i am just saying i would prefer to see roberts come in, take over 2nd base and leadoff, and that would really help the lineup, and pie is already strong out in the field. i am not vehemently against another CF, id just like to see what pie can do, give him a real chance everyday.