It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: To the minors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:36 pm 

Murton and Marshall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
They will both be with other teams soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:58 pm 

I read that the cubs are asking for a top prospect for Murton, I dunno know about that, Murton was never a favorite of mine anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
im not certain the cubs will deal marshall, unless of course it is part of a large deal at the trade deadline or something. he is pretty good insurance for the starting staff, and he is a lefty. if rich hill continues to get his ass kicked, he may be the one they will turn to, not leiber. leiber will get plenty of starts when dempster and marquis get THEIR asses kicked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
man of few opinions wrote:
leiber will get plenty of starts when dempster and marquis get THEIR asses kicked.

Lieber (if healthy) will be in the rotation by mid-June and Marquis will be mop up man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:04 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
hootmon wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
leiber will get plenty of starts when dempster and marquis get THEIR asses kicked.

Lieber (if healthy) will be in the rotation by mid-June and Marquis will be mop up man.

That won't necessarily work because Lieber will have to "stretch out" his arm to assume a roll in the rotation. Marquis will suck by then, so it will necessitate a move. Marshall or another AAA arm will likely be the candidate.

Murton and Marshall as part of a Roberts deal seems somewhat likely from the Cubs perspective, especially given that the O's just ate Gibbons remaining salary. What the O's really want is anyone's guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
kerchungathunk wrote:
Murton and Marshall as part of a Roberts deal seems somewhat likely from the Cubs perspective, especially given that the O's just ate Gibbons remaining salary. What the O's really want is anyone's guess.

im thinking the roberts thing is dead. if the cubs are in the running at the deadline, my guess will be they will have to get focus on a starting pitcher. i seriously think the cubs will score a lot of runs, and will be able to get by with the lineup as is. they have proven in the past they need pitching down the stretch. i have no idea who may be available by then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:20 pm 

That's a smart move to send Marshall down. At some point in the season they will probably need to call him up to start a game and if they put him in the pen as a left handed situation guy, they'd lose the ability to do that.