It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cubs vs. Dodgers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:26 pm 

Dempster pitching a great game so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:27 pm 

it always seems whenever the cubs play the dodgers that it feels like a minor league game...that's a dig at the crowd, not the teams...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:38 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dempster's struggling big-time here, but at least Edmonds made a great play in center just now. Billingsley was lifted after 5, so we need to see some insurance runs off Chan Ho Park.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:56 pm 

guess I spoke too soon about Dempster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:04 pm 

Dempster sure lost it quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:49 pm 

Fucking Howry gives up the lead. Another horrible 9th inning at bat by Lee, he really does suck in late inning situations. Just put the ball in play to move the runner to 3rd, but he swings at breaking pitches not close to the zone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:05 am 
1000 CLUB

That was a good call. He was safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:16 am 

Brenley: "That's about as much respect as Juan Pierre has ever gotten as a hitter in this league. Pitch him fastball over the plate and let him hit a fly ball to left!"

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:18 am 

Huge strikeout of Dewitt, by Wood. If he even hits a ground ball or sac fly, it puts the potential tying run at third with only one out. It got a bit shaky, but Kerry made the pitches when he needed to. He closes it out for his lead leading 17th save and the Cubs start another win streak. Its a great year to be a Cubs fan!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:19 am 
1000 CLUB

Jeez. If he doesn't swing at ball four Wood walks him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:32 am 

The count was 2-2 on the last pitch for the strikeout. The pitch he should have laid off, was the 2-0 pitch, which would have made the count 3-0. But the next 2 pitches were both strikes he blew past him, so at worst, it would have been a full count after the last pitch, rather than a strikeout. But I undertand, you are a frustrated Sox fan, who just can't stand the Cubs starting another win streak, so you don't let facts get in the way when you want to invent a way the game could have gotten away from them. Just go away Sox bitch...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am 
1000 CLUB

I meant if he didn't swing at "ball 3".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:24 am 

The Cubs own Saito. 2 outings against the Cubs, 9.00 ERA, 0-1, 1 BS, 2.50 WHIP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
THIS was a Very good WIN! On the road in LA, v A Very Good Pitcher

Most Hits (7) v Billingsley this year

Then a comeback by Dodgers, and Cubs pull it out v very good closer.

K Wood composes himself and K's Kemp

Very good win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:34 am 

Ryan Theriot continues to impress. Drove in a run and also started the 9th with a leadoff double.

He also had a single in the 9th against Hoffman on Wednesday, before Lee struck out.

Lee is scuffling. Not showing much patience at the plate. But again the balance the cubs have at the plate, Derosa a .300 hitter batting 8th, continues to come thru.

And Edmonds is hitting the ball hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:08 am 

trickybeck wrote:
Brenley: "That's about as much respect as Juan Pierre has ever gotten as a hitter in this league. Pitch him fastball over the plate and let him hit a fly ball to left!"

:lol:

I pointed this out a week or two ago. The Cubs, for some inexplicable reason, believe that Juan Pierre is a modern-day Babe Ruth.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:34 am 

Yeah, Brenly's outburst was amusing. He seemed genuinely pissed off that he might have to stay for extras. Oh I loled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:51 am 

Beardown, if he had not swung at what would have been ball 3, -as the next two pitches were strikes, that means the count would have been 3-2 and the batter would still be up. There is no way of knowing if another pitch after that would have been a ball or strike. But since Wood had just thrown 2 strikes right down the pipe that the batter could not catch up on, I doubt that he would have done anything but, throw yet another fastball for a strike. You just want the Cubs to lose so badly, that it pains you that Kerry Wood got the job done there. So you invent a situation that did not exist. Pathetic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:59 am 

Enigma-you are right about both Theriot and Lee. When Harry Teinowitz was initially talking about The Riot being in the All Star game, I thought it was a stretch. But this guy is getting big hits against tough pitching. He's really playing great, so far this season. Meanwhile, Lee has really been struggling of late and striking out more than usual. The good thing, is that there are so many good hitters on this team, that when one guy is cold the others pick him up and the train keeps rolling. Soto has been struggling a bit lately too. As Brenley pointed out last night, his left wrist seems to be bothering him. Lou may have to give Henry Blanco a game or two and rest Soto, to get that wrist some time. Surely Henry will play the game on Saturday, as it's following the night game tonight. Blanco has been doing a very good job in the games he has played so far this year anyway, so it's not like they will be suffering too much, if they have to give Soto a couple days off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
enigma wrote:
Ryan Theriot continues to impress.

While Fontenot continues to un-impress. Why send him up to pinch hit with 2 men on when you've got better options on the bench, unless he's going to bunt?

He weakly pops out on the first pitch he sees. Good call, Lou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:13 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Fukudome owns Saito. You can tell he went up there with the utmost confidence; he took two hacks the likes of which he rarely takes, back to back. Evidently, he was so confident in his ability to get a hit against Saito that he felt safe taking monster rips at the first couple pitches; sure enough, he shortened up and was able to get a hit.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Last edited by MattInTheCrown on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
theriot is getting so many hits to right, it is amazing. they may need to start putting a shift on him to force him to pull the ball! every hit, a line drive to right, it is almost automatic.

brenly has been doing a great job on color commentary this year. he really is firing when he sees something he doesnt get - such as the way they pitched to pierre. i have really grown to appreciate the kasper/brenly pairing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:03 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Fukudome owns Saito. You can tell he went up there with the utmost confidence; he took two hacks the likes of which he rarely takes, back to back. Evidently, he was so confident in his ability to get a hit against Saito that he felt safe taking monster rips at the first couple pitches; sure enough, he shortened up and was able to get a hit.

He sure does. I am sure after facing all of these new pitchers that when he gets the chance to face a guy he knows a lot about it breeds a lot of confidence.

I will have to admit I was really leery of Fukudome when they signed him with all the hype that was surrounding him, but the dude can hit the ball and plays a great RF. I am thrilled he is on our team and worth every $$ they gave to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:28 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
theriot is getting so many hits to right, it is amazing. they may need to start putting a shift on him to force him to pull the ball! every hit, a line drive to right, it is almost automatic.

brenly has been doing a great job on color commentary this year. he really is firing when he sees something he doesnt get - such as the way they pitched to pierre. i have really grown to appreciate the kasper/brenly pairing.

I really like the Len/Bob broadcast. They have a good chemistry.

Len has a feel for the game. This is in contrast to Chip Caray, who could rattle off the facts and history of the game, but seemed like he didn't quite have the innate knowledge of the game.

Bob has done a good job of occassionally criticizing a move, but not going overboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
But I undertand, you are a frustrated Sox fan, who just can't stand the Cubs starting another win streak, so you don't let facts get in the way when you want to invent a way the game could have gotten away from them. Just go away Sox bitch...

Why does almost every one of your posts somehow mention the Sox or Sox fans? If you're as giddy over the Cubs as you like to proclaim, why not just root for your team and ignore the Sox? You seem to be one of only 2 guys on this board who really perpetuates the Sox / Cubs nonsense (Cubs / Sox nonsense...sorry). Enough already.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:52 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
That call at first base was as bad as you'll see. Cost tbe Shrine-dwellers a run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:55 pm 

Yeah that call was real bad. Hawk would be all over this ump still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Cousins needs to be punched in the sack.
I love how he keeps pushing his glasses up on his nose, the fucking prick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:12 pm 

It was huge that Gallagher got out of the 4th, only giving up the single run, after loading the bases with nobody out. That looked like an opportunity for LA to get a far bigger lead. That call at first on Fukadome was brutal. Another example for proponants of instant replay. The score would be 2-1 if Cousins got that right. But as Brenley mentioned earlier, as the game moves along, and batters get a second and third at bat against Kuroda, they tend to get to him. Hope that holds true again. In any case, it's nice not to have to face Kent again tonight. That was ball 4, no doubt though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:15 pm 

The umpires in this game have been awful