PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Jobu
http://kt.smugmug.com/gallery/606643_ah ... 9657_X2iJq

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:36 am 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
From enigma's thread in the Sox forum;

Kenny Williams wrote:
''The unfortunate thing for me is it's a shame that a certain segment of Chicago refused to enjoy a baseball championship being brought to their city. The only thing I can say is, 'Happy anniversary.'''

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
From enigma's thread in the Sox forum;

Kenny Williams wrote:
''The unfortunate thing for me is it's a shame that a certain segment of Chicago refused to enjoy a baseball championship being brought to their city. The only thing I can say is, 'Happy anniversary.'''

Yeah, I really didn't get what Kenny meant by that, unless he was talking about the Sox championship, then he's 4 months early.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I took it as being directed at Cub fans who did not celebrate the White Sox championship in 2005. Since the last time the Cubs won a World Series was 1908, he's wishing their fans a happy 100 years of winning nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:44 pm 

I try to stay out of this cub / sox crap, but here it goes. WHat did he want cubs fans to do, show up and kiss his ring? Now he decides 3 years later to bitch about something that makes no sense? How many sox fans would show up for a cub rally in they make it? Kenny should go get checked for being bipolar, because he seems to have a issue or two.

But if it makes Kenny feel better, if the sox make it to the world series, I will show up in my cub hat so he knows at least one fan is there supporting a team he doesnt care about.

He is a GM of a MLB team, the least he could do is try to be professional and leave the chatter for the players and the meatball fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:09 pm 

Whatever.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:25 pm 

Ryno's Wife wrote:
Whatever.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Kenny Williams wrote:
If Mr tough really had the stones, he would just say CUB FANS. Instead of always talking about the Northside of the city like it is some island.
Not sure why it is a shame. I don't want Sox fans around Wrigley when the Cubs win?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:02 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
The fact that KW lowers himself to take any shots at the Cubs and their fans demeans his positions and, well, makes me wonder if he's got size issues he's compensating for. He's got the ring, he's got nothing to worry about and his club is in first place this season... so he takes a pissy little shot at the Cubs fans?

Classy.

He's feeling insecure about something. His job or what, only he knows precisely what is bothering him. Now the rest of the world knows he's got something stirring the demons of inadequacy in his brain. Chump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
bigfan wrote:
Kenny Williams wrote:
If Mr tough really had the stones, he would just say CUB FANS. Instead of always talking about the Northside of the city like it is some island.
Not sure why it is a shame. I don't want Sox fans around Wrigley when the Cubs win?

Most sox fans have that small penis syndrome. I wrote this awhile ago. They have to talk about what you have and not the little dick their holding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
the little dick their holding.

Something your wife knows all about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:31 pm 

Quote:

:roll: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
the little dick their holding.

Funny that your jokes are about as shitty as your music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
as a cubs fan, i have no more dislike for the white sox than i do any other team. having the sox win the world series didnt upset me any more than if the tigers had won, or the yankees, or the red sox, or the cardinals. the fans of a world series winning team should be proud of it. if it isnt your favorite team winning, i dont see how it matters who does. reading threads like this is pretty fun, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
kerchungathunk wrote:
He's feeling insecure about something. His job or what, only he knows precisely what is bothering him. Now the rest of the world knows he's got something stirring the demons of inadequacy in his brain. Chump.

Thats pretty ignorant. Alot of you guys are hilarious in your need for exageration when it comes to things Ozzie and KW say.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Kenny must be deluded to think that Cubs fans might change allegience to his team, over the Cubs. If you grow up cheering for one side or the other, you may grow to appreciate the other teams play, in a given year. But you are not going to switch over to the dark side and be a fan of that team from that point on, over the team you followed all your life. It's a Cubs town, first and foremost. Get used to it Kenny. It's not going to change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:14 am 

When KW takes a shot at Cub fans, "Happy Anniversary", then expect some fire back on a message board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
switch over to the dark side.
I knew you were a fan of mine.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:39 am 

FavreFan wrote:
kerchungathunk wrote:

Thats pretty ignorant. Alot of you guys are hilarious in your need for exageration when it comes to things Ozzie and KW say.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I play one on CSFMB and that's my diagnosis. Tell us what your expert opinion is Doctor. :roll:

KW is being petty at best and for no good reason. Calling it like I see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa, in the Sox forum, wrote:
Well, people shouldn't ask them about the Cubs then. This will probably happen next week too. This series brings out the meatball fans, and the meatball questions from the reporters. One thing about both those guys, they don't mince words. We know how Ozzie can spout off, but KW says some brazen things as well. If somebody asks them about something-- be it trades, the Cubs, sports media, whatever-- they're going to get an honest answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:50 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa, in the Sox forum, wrote:
Well, people shouldn't ask them about the Cubs then. This will probably happen next week too. This series brings out the meatball fans, and the meatball questions from the reporters. One thing about both those guys, they don't mince words. We know how Ozzie can spout off, but KW says some brazen things as well. If somebody asks them about something-- be it trades, the Cubs, sports media, whatever-- they're going to get an honest answer.

Insert petty for honest and that's accurate enough. Perhaps it honestly shows he's being petty?

He's not being honest. He's being a little shit. He can easily be above such things, but instead indulges himself in a little meatballery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:29 am 

Quote:
If somebody asks them about something-- be it trades, the Cubs, sports media, whatever-- they're going to get an honest answer

Ok, but this is the same guy who wants people to stay of of "white sox business". I dont care what he says, but at least be man enough to take it when someone comments about the white sox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:40 am 

Quote:
Ok, but this is the same guy who wants people to stay of of "white sox business".

That's quite a *in Hawkvoice* stretch. He wanted Frank Thomas to stay out of White Sox business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:07 pm 

Ok, then go with Steve Phillips, Kenny has a ego I know that and I really dont care, but he is just coming off stupid in making these comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:28 pm 

Unless your throwing roses towards ozzie and kenny they get all butt hurt and get pissy. Like most White Sox fans. If your not talking great about there team, they stomp the feet and try and bring up the Cubs. Even if your not talking about the Cubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:47 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Were the White Sox like this under Veeck ownership? The vibe I get from old Sox commercials was that it was fun to go to baseball games. The White Sox becoming so toxic and bitchy seems like a fairly recent development.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Were the White Sox like this under Veeck ownership? The vibe I get from old Sox commercials was that it was fun to go to baseball games. The White Sox becoming so toxic and bitchy seems like a fairly recent development.

It could be that they've grown a thin skin much like their owner has. Things changed for the Sox after the strike. Because Jerry was a major player (clubhouse, dugout) in the lockout, I believe a lot of Sox fans stopped showing up, and then after the White Flag trade, they got less interested and the whole mood of the organization was sour. Just my theory.