It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:49 am 

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball ... 30.article

An injury-depleted Cubs roster takes another hit this week when cleanup hitter Aramis Ramirez takes the next three games off to tend to family matters back home in the Dominican Republic.

Ramirez originally asked for four days off but was told he could take three. He is to rejoin the team Thursday for the finale of a four-game series in San Francisco.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:11 am 

Fuck that, motherfucker can use 3 days off. If he's just going to be an automatic out every time up, he might as well be on vacation. Is there any way he can take DP Lee with him?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
His bat, at least, has been on vacation since Thursday afternoon 8)

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Is there any way he can take DP Lee with him?

DP Lee. :lol: I'm not sure who gets the credit for it, but I like D. Flea as well....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:23 pm 

This is a joke. Your team is struggling, and your going to ditch them for 3 days. The fucking All-Star break is in 2 weeks, thats when you go take care of your business, this is your job.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:24 pm 

spmack wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Is there any way he can take DP Lee with him?

DP Lee. :lol: I'm not sure who gets the credit for it, but I like D. Flea as well....

I'd also refer to him as the "Warning-track Warrior," but managing to hit the ball to the warning track is actually beyond the abilities of the rest of the team, evidently; I suppose that'd be a feather in the cap of the lanky DP aficionado.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:40 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Fuck that, motherfucker can use 3 days off. If he's just going to be an automatic out every time up, he might as well be on vacation. Is there any way he can take DP Lee with him?

Could you shift with the wind anymore? The guy is in a 14-AB slump. 14 At-Bats!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:43 pm 

trickybeck wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

Hence, it's a good time to go on vacation. Logic not your strong suit?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
does anyone know the reason he has to go back?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I thought I just heard during the update that his wife is giving birth. If so, I would say the time off is justified...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:25 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
I thought I just heard during the update that his wife is giving birth. If so, I would say the time off is justified...

Where did you hear that? On the score they have been saying family/personal problems. This morning Holmes was saying this weekend they were hearing alot of whispers about stuff going on with him, possibly a divorce, but they weren't ready to report anything. He was working with Cowley, and he was saying alot of the Sox players were saying Ramirez wasn't really into the series, especially last night, that he wasn't running anything out, which he has been doing all season. I did notice this on one play, he quit running and drifted off towards the dugout.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:21 pm 

i am going to reserve judgement about whether he is justified leaving the team or not, because i know i have a handful of reasons i will request short-notice days off if an important enough family event happened, such as a death in the family, or a sudden severe illness to a close family member, or the birth of a child, but if it turns out to be him dealing with a divorce, or legal problems or something like that, id be pretty disappointed that he would be hurting the team to deal with shit like that. who knows what kind of red tape he is dealing with taking care of business in the dominican republic, i just hope he gets back soon, and can start hitting again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:02 pm 

Hopefully Lou gives us more info in his pregame. Was kind of disappointed Berns didn't ask Jesse if he knew anything more about this, since they had him on at 5:30. I understand he was with the Sox today, but I'm sure he has been looking into this story.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Three games vs Los Gigantes? No biggie. They'll just have DeRosa play third, and the Ragin' Cajuns at 2nd and Short. He'll come back fresh, ready to kick some ass, and get back into the swing of things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Colonel Angus wrote:
Three games vs Los Gigantes? No biggie. They'll just have DeRosa play third, and the Ragin' Cajuns at 2nd and Short. He'll come back fresh, ready to kick some ass, and get back into the swing of things.

Shee -IT! Whatever you're smoking/drinking/dissolving... pass some of that shit this way. It's nice to share. :drunken:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:40 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:

I don't want the 2nd Cajun near the field, he sucks, along with Cedeno.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
schmitty1121 wrote:
This is a joke. Your team is struggling, and your going to ditch them for 3 days. The fucking All-Star break is in 2 weeks, thats when you go take care of your business, this is your job.

Thats pretty ignorant. You have no idea what his family problems are, and family always come before anything else.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Thats pretty ignorant. You have no idea what his family problems are, and family always come before anything else.

If its a birth of a child or illness, i'll give him a pass, but if its a divorce you have to deal with it and do your job.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

agreed. assuming it is a worthy family issue, you take care of your family first. saying to wait until the all-star break is knuckle-headed if that is indeed the case.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:17 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

If its a birth of a child or illness, i'll give him a pass, but if its a divorce you have to deal with it and do your job.

i agree with that also, unless he is legally obligated to appear in a courtroom or something. even then, i wouldnt give him too hard of a time. if getting that all taken care of helps him get it put to rest and get on with the season, go for it. the fact is, he got permission from the team, it isnt like he went awol or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
An injury-depleted Cubs roster takes another hit this week when cleanup hitter Aramis Ramirez takes the next three games off to tend to the birth of a son back home in the Dominican Republic.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/1031212,CST-SPT-cubnt30.article

Anyone saying he is in the wrong for taking days off is a douchebag, plain and simple...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
lipidquadcab wrote:
Anyone saying he is in the wrong for taking days off is a douchebag, plain and simple...

100% agreed. Are Cubs fans that worried about Zito and the Giants?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I think they're more worried about the Cubs...

...and minor league umpires.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
These guys are human, family comes first and your job comes second. Enough said.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:38 pm 

Have to wait and see what the team says, Len just said it's a family matter. I'm not so sure its a birth of a child yet, if it was, I think the team would of given him the time he asked for.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:30 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
trickybeck wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

Hence, it's a good time to go on vacation. Logic not your strong suit?

Logic says a guy that's a good a hitter as he is isn't going to be an "automatic out every time up" based simply on the previous 4 games. Christ.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Zito is on my fantasy team (why?) and I considered putting him in for this start, then I reconsidered.
How bad is this guy?
I'll be putting him on the bench until August. Hopefully he'll heat up a little.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:37 am 

Darkside wrote:
Zito is on my fantasy team (why?) and I considered putting him in for this start, then I reconsidered.
How bad is this guy?
I'll be putting him on the bench until August. Hopefully he'll heat up a little.

Personally, I'd dump Zito for anyone else who's on a starting staff. He's plain bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Well, there is good news for the Cubs, Wrigley was voted to have the best wieners. Also, Wrigleyville was voted the community most likely to like wieners.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:16 am 

The bad news continues - don't count on Rich Hill making it back this year....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs ... 7181.story

SAN FRANCISCO - The mysterious case of Rich Hill and his vanishing control surfaced again Tuesday in Mesa, Ariz.

Pitching against rookie leaguers in an Arizona League game, Hill lasted only one-third of an inning, allowing five runs on one hit with three walks and a hit batter.

"It wasn't good," manager Lou Piniella said in an understatement.

Hill had been sent to Arizona to work on his control problems after losing command with the Cubs and then at Triple-A Iowa. But obviously it hasn't improved much, and the Cubs are running out of answers.

One idea the organization is considering seriously is shutting Hill down for an unspecified period so he can get his head together. The Cubs believe his problems are mental, not physical.

"I just saw him last year, and he pitched so well. Heck, last spring (in 2007) he didn't walk a hitter. So I never knew that there was a problem from the past. I didn't know it until it surfaced in the spring."