It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cubs v.s Giants
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:24 pm 

Great start again tonight. Leave 2 on in the 1st, with DeRosa striking out looking to end the inning.

Post subject: Re: Cubs v.s Giants
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:46 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Fuku got one in. Had Lilly been able to bunt worth a damn, it would've been two. The pitcher needs to do just one thing with the bat. If you can't do that, better have your A game on the mound. :x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:08 pm 

A big hit by Murton finally.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

My God!!! Zito just doesn't belong in MLB. He really is that bad. I think they still owe him 100 million on that deal he signed last year. That's some tough money to swallow. Wow!!

You can't keep putting him out there. It's an automatic loss. If Zito pitched like he did with Oakland the Giants would be in first place in the awful West.

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 pm 

I love Barry Zito, just what the doctor ordered.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:40 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Beardown wrote:
My God!!! Zito just doesn't belong in MLB. He really is that bad. I think they still owe him 100 million on that deal he signed last year. That's some tough money to swallow. Wow!!

You can't keep putting him out there. It's an automatic loss. If he Zito pitched like he did with Oakland the Giants would be in first place in the awful West.

No one is going to feel very good about making deals with or signing FAs from Oakland/Beane for the forseeable future. He gets all he can outta his guys and has an uncanny knack for knowing when to walk away.

In so far as tonight's game goes, I'm not too proud. I'll take the 5 runs and hope for a long outing by Lilly to rest up a beleaguered (sic) bullpen. Not too proud at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The only reason Zito is so bad is becuase every time he pitches there is a minor league ump behind the plate, who in turn wants to steal the show and has a strike zone the size of a teacup.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

I mean, Zito gave up 5 runs but it should have been a lot worse than that. 4 earned through 5 for Zito.

That's gonna push his ERA over 6.00 for the year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:52 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The only reason Zito is so bad is becuase every time he pitches there is a minor league ump behind the plate, who in turn wants to steal the show and has a strike zone the size of a teacup.

Complete ignorance.

Last time I checked there are 2 pitchers in each game and they both have the same umpire. The Ump dont seem to be bothering Lily at all.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:57 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Complete ignorance.

Last time I checked there are 2 pitchers in each game and they both have the same umpire. The Ump dont seem to be bothering Lily at all.

Frank's having a little giggle fest at the expense of those who kvetched about the umpires from last night's game. Next, he'll say something about "tainted wins" ... or is it "tainted love". Never know with Frank's musical tastes.
Anyhow, it's mostly for the torch he carries for Elmhurst Steve. I think Big Fan should set up a PayPal account so we can all chip in and buy these two squabbling squabs a room. Make some nicey nice and work things out.

But, by all means, keep labelling Frank's posts as "complete ignorance". There's a good chance you'll be spot on. :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:59 pm 

kerchungathunk wrote:
Anyhow, it's mostly for the torch he carries for Elmhurst Steve. I think Big Fan should set up a PayPal account so we can all chip in and buy these two squabbling squabs a room. Make some nicey nice and work things out.

Yes, I have noticed the man crush Frank has on Steve.

Quote:
But, by all means, keep labelling Frank's posts as "complete ignorance". There's a good chance you'll be spot on. :wink: :lol:

:alien: So true, so true!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:00 pm 

Quote:
Frank's having a little giggle fest at the expense of those who kvetched about the umpires from last night's game.

Glad I saw that, because I thought Hawk might have got his password for the board here. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:02 pm 

I love the National League.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:32 pm 

Wow, 2 bombs by DeRosa tonight, good to see him back swinging the bat good.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
kerchungathunk wrote:
Fuku got one in. Had Lilly been able to bunt worth a damn, it would've been two. The pitcher needs to do just one thing with the bat. If you can't do that, better have your A game on the mound. :x

And... he did.
8IP 0ER

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:41 am 

Give credit where credit is due. The Cubs desparately needed a solid, deep outing by a SP and they got one by Lilly. Thank goodness! It was frustrating to see a failed bunt as that has been the sort of lack of fundamentals that have plagued the Cubs of late and much to their regret. I was afraid of more of the same last night. Happily, I was wrong.

I'd wager they'll not get as many opportunities to make up for missed chances against the likes of Lincecum. That guy is the stuff and we'll not have an abundance of meatballs down the middle to hit against him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:58 am 

It amazed me that Lilly has 9 wins so far, with his bad start. I am so impressed with this guy, he is just battles everytime he goes out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:11 am 

RodeoVann wrote:
It amazed me that Lilly has 9 wins so far, with his bad start. I am so impressed with this guy, he is just battles everytime he goes out.

Im with you on this. It is amazing. I wasn't too happy when the Cubs spent the $$ on him, but he has been impressive and you are right he battles everytime out.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:16 am 
100000 CLUB

With how many runs the Cub can and do score, its really not all that amazing. Lilly has been bailed out by his offense more than a handful of times.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:26 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
With how many runs the Cub can and do score, its really not all that amazing. Lilly has been bailed out by his offense more than a handful of times.

A shut out for 8 innings is not being bailed out.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

Not last nite, but he has been bailed out a few times. A game when the Rockies jumped out to a big 7 or 8nothing lead, and the Cubs came back comes to mind right off.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:05 am 

yes the cubs need to play a bad team to get them out of this little rut...what worries me is the injury bug that's starting to go around.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:09 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Not last nite, but he has been bailed out a few times. A game when the Rockies jumped out to a big 7 or 8nothing lead, and the Cubs came back comes to mind right off.

Once again Frank your ignorance is showing. Let's look at the numbers, shall we?

In Lily's 9 wins:

April 22 Mets 6 IP 2 Runs
May 3 StL 7 IP 3 Runs
May 9 Ariz 7 IP 1 Run
May 14 SD 6 IP 4 Runs
May 19 Hou 5 IP 2 Runs
June 10 Atl 6 IP 3 Runs
June 15 Tor 6 IP 0 Runs
June 25 Bal 7 IP 4 Runs
June 30 SF 8 IP 2 Runs

9 wins and the most runs he gave up was 4. I fail to see how that is being "bailed out" by your offense.

The game against Colorado was May 30th. He went 3 innings and gave up 7 runs, but he did not get a win. The Cubs came back and won the game, but I fail to see how that is bailing Lily out since he got a ND.

Stop making such ignorant statements around here Frank.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:21 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'll be willing to STAY OUT OF WHITE SOX BUSINESS for the next three months if I never have to read another asinine Frank post in here for the rest of the season. Hold me to this. If I err, and post in the White Sox folder, then Frank can pelt us with his meatball posts with the intensity of a thousand suns, but I think it'd be best for all parties involved if he kept his knuckle-dragging on his side of the line.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
The game against Colorado was May 30th. He went 3 innings and gave up 7 runs, but he did not get a win. The Cubs came back and won the game, but I fail to see how that is bailing Lily out since he got a ND.

So, Lilly puts his team in a 7 run hole, the Cubs score a boatload and win the game, yet Lilly is not bailed out? But I'm the one making ignorant statements :lol:

I'm not sure what sport you're talking about, but to me when a starting pitcher is yanked in the 3rd inning after giving up half a dozen runs or so, and he doesn't get hung with a Loss, the offense has bailed him out. Thats not ignorant, thats fact.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Cozstansa wrote:
So, Lilly puts his team in a 7 run hole, the Cubs score a boatload and win the game, yet Lilly is not bailed out? But I'm the one making ignorant statements

I'm not sure what sport you're talking about, but to me when a starting pitcher is yanked in the 3rd inning after giving up half a dozen runs or so, and he doesn't get hung with a Loss, the offense has bailed him out. Thats not ignorant, thats fact.

Frank, the point of those stats posted above was to show you that Lilly does not get "bailed out more than a handful of times". He was bailed out once. In a no decision. That kind of shit happens all the time.
Of the 9 wins that were the topic of discussion when you chimed in, he had at most given up 4 runs. That's really note getting "bailed out" either. Maybe if he had 5 or 6 wins where he'd given up 7 or 8 runs, then you could say bailed out, but not in this case.
Your reasoning is flawed.
So there.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:29 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:

So, Lilly puts his team in a 7 run hole, the Cubs score a boatload and win the game, yet Lilly is not bailed out? But I'm the one making ignorant statements :lol:

The offense came back and won that game, but he was not even pitching. How is that bailing him out? Just because he did not get the loss does not mean he got "bailed out"

Let's get back to your original statement:

Quote:
Lilly has been bailed out by his offense more than a handful of times.

You clearly said here it happened more than once..."handful"... but the problem is the stats do not show that at all?

Now if you want to show some stats to support your argument please feel free to do so, otherwise stop making ignorant comments around here when it is clear to just about everyone you are clueless.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

Pfft, cluless? Whatever...

RFDC wrote:
In Lily's 9 wins:

April 22 Mets 6 IP 2 Runs
May 3 StL 7 IP 3 Runs
May 9 Ariz 7 IP 1 Run
May 14 SD 6 IP 4 Runs
May 19 Hou 5 IP 2 Runs
June 10 Atl 6 IP 3 Runs
June 15 Tor 6 IP 0 Runs
June 25 Bal 7 IP 4 Runs
June 30 SF 8 IP 2 Runs

April 22 Cubs score 8
May 3 Cubs score 9
May 9 Cubs score 3
May 14 Cubs score 8
May 19 Cubs score 7
June 10 Cubs score 10
June 15 Cubs score 7
June 25 Cubs score 7
June 30 Cubs score 9

Yeah, you;'re right, he hasn't been helped out by his offense at all. :roll:

"Bailed out" was the wrong term to use, I should have said "helped out." When the offense is putting an average of 7.5 runs per game on the board in support of Lilly, it makes things a whole lot easier to pitch and collect W's. Looking at the run support he has gotten, he HAS been "helped out" by his offense more than a handful of times.

My logic is correct, the phrase I used was not.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 pm 

Frank, you are still clueless.

Here let me help you, C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S

Once you realize you been proven wrong, you cannot change the wording to make yourself look better in the middle of the argument. :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Right. You said show stats to prove my point, I did. Lots of pitchers would have 9 wins with that kind of run support.