It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:00 am 

johnnyfontane wrote:
So you called me a meatball for wanting to wait, and now you say firing them now would make the meatballs happy. Which is it? Who you crappin?

When did I call you a meatball for wanting to wait?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Jimmy and John meatball are in rare form in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:04 am 

johnnyfontane wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Jimmy and John meatball are in rare form in this thread.

That was not in reference to you.

scorehead=Johnkirkmeatball.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:04 am 

Sorry, I'm new.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:09 am 

johnnyfontane wrote:
Sorry, I'm new.

No problem. If you need to be called a meatball in the future, I will be there!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
jimmypasta wrote:
12-1 win today,big fucking deal. A Monday morning press conference would be music to my ears. Fire these country cocksuckers....get anybody in here to GM & manage. Afterwards let the wholesale changes begin. This team needs a major overhaul & quick. I would like to see Marlon Byrd remain from the veteran starters,everyone else must be traded or cut. Soriano,should have been released the day new ownership took over. His contract should have been part of the process before buying the team. Subtracting his contract from the price of the sale. I said this before the team was bought. I'm just so sick of the losing,poor play,poor baserunning,mental errors,whatever. Bring in Bob Brenly to GM or manage .RICKETTS,DO SOMETHING,PLEASE!!!

And get rid of that Toyota sign, take the lights out, and bring back Smokie Links.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
walkrman5 wrote:
I have met Mr. Rickett's and I like him. I do wish he was more agressive. What scares me about him is that he seems like he could be loyal to a fault. I heard him in an interview and he said as an owner now...one of the toughest things for him to do would be to let a player go because...."you get close to these guys"..."you get to know their families". I understand that...but this is a business.

Exactly. I'm afraid this guy is too much of a fan boy. He was star struck with Ryno & Maddux & my fear is that he will hire an ex Cub player as GM or someone like Stone. Businessmen usually don't buy a business without having a plan in mind for new management & staff. I hope Rickett's has a plan.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:19 am 

How can you spell Kool-Aid wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
The only reason I would advocate firing Hendry now is so that he can't make any more terrible moves that hamstring the team. If they keep Hendry for the rest of this year, there has to be an agreement that he can't make any moves without Ricketts' approval.

As for firing Piniella, "it won't make a damn bit of difference."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:26 am 

Hey, W_Z, your avatar looks like Jared from Subway. That would make for a nice commercial.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
kool aide...
kule ade...
cool ayde...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
How can you spell Kool-Aid wrong?

Elmhurst Steve

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:11 am 

When an employee has done so much damage to the company that he works for & no longer deserves to be employed by that company, it is a disservice to the rest of the organization & it's customers to not terminate that employee. Jim Hendry no longer deserves to be employed by the Cubs. Same goes for Lou & Larry.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:18 am 

Hendry should have been fired 2 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: ------
I wish I could unclick on this thread and erase everything in here from my memory

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:36 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Hendry should have been fired 2 years ago.

That's my fucking point. Lets get on with it already.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Well,Well...I knew this thread which was written from my heart would get the "Jimmy is a meatball" bullshit. Somebody on here made an excellent point,what was Ricketts evaluating the two years before he bought the team? I read that he is a nice guy,but so far that Toyota sign and that fucking noodle is all we have to show for his ownership??? Is that how you start a legacy? Lou is tired and confused. Hendry has done good things for the Cubs but the bad things (Long,expensive contracts) are killing this team. As for Aggravated Sox Fan Bob: Go shine your 2005 WS Trophy and leave the Cub fans alone. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
jimmypasta wrote:
Well,Well...I knew this thread which was written from my heart would get the "Jimmy is a meatball" bullshit. Somebody on here made an excellent point,what was Ricketts evaluating the two years before he bought the team? I read that he is a nice guy,but so far that Toyota sign and that fucking noodle is all we have to show for his ownership??? Is that how you start a legacy? Lou is tired and confused. Hendry has done good things for the Cubs but the bad things (Long,expensive contracts) are killing this team. As for Aggravated Sox Fan Bob: Go shine your 2005 WS Trophy and leave the Cub fans alone. :wink:

Jimmy....one thing we Sox Fans have learned.....REINSDORF IS GOING TO DO WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS TO DO.....we don't matter......
You Cub fans actually BELIEVED Jack Brickhouse and Harry Caray when they told you HOW IMPORTANT YOU WERE!!!! What great fans you are!!!! How your URINAL of a Ballpark is one of the greatest places on the Continent to drink away a few hours!!!!
THIS IS BUSINESS...GET USED TO IT!!!!
Toyota sign looks great!!! :) :) :) :D

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
What good would getting rid of Lou do at this point? Hendry I can see, but whats the benefit of getting rid of Lou, other than getting a few more senior bus trips in from Iowa to see Ryno manage?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Ryno isn't a good option until he sits a season as a bench coach or something like that in the bigs.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Rothschild is one of the best in the game- very underrated...we should keep him

Lou and Hendry should go after the season...releasing them now would leave the team in more shambles than it is now and wont accomplish anything...plus its a talented team in a weak division so they still could come back and win it

Hendry is a bully and tried to be the Yankees when this organization is not cut out to be the Yankees.
Hendry has done nothing but suffocate the development of young talent (Hoffpauir, Pagan, Pie, Murton, Wuertz, Ohman, Fuld, McGehee) ...Only now that the veterans are failing, are people crying for a youth movement, when I've been crying for it for the last 20 years...

I want to win, but i wanna do it the right way...with young players who come up and play together and who the fans can identify with...not a bunch of veteran outsiders that we sign every year who have no connection to the fans

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
whistler wrote:

Lou and Hendry should go after the season...releasing them now would leave the team in more shambles than it is now and wont accomplish anything...plus its a talented team in a weak division so they still could come back and win it

Hendry is a bully and tried to be the Yankees when this organization is not cut out to be the Yankees.
Hendry has done nothing but suffocate the development of young talent (Hoffpauir, Pagan, Pie, Murton, Wuertz, Ohman, Fuld, McGehee) ...Only now that the veterans are failing, are people crying for a youth movement, when I've been crying for it for the last 20 years...

I want to win, but i wanna do it the right way...with young players who come up and play together and who the fans can identify with...not a bunch of veteran outsiders that we sign every year who have no connection to the fans

Pretty liberal definition of young talent including Murton/Ohman, but I actually agree with a Cubs thought from you :shock:

Our pitching is usually very solid and that is a credit to Larry. Keep him unless the new manager has a guy he insists on having

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:43 pm 

whistler wrote:

Assuming you aren't being facetious with this point I would be interested to know what makes you think that Rothschild is one of the best in the game. I have yet to see why he is able to survive even when the rest of the managers staffs are on their way out of town. If Ricketts want to cave into the demands of the Meatballery I hope that he starts with Larry and his friggin towel drill.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:46 pm 

whistler wrote:

Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, and Matt Clement agree.

He really knows how to manage a young pitching staff. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:15 pm 

How does a coach survive 4 or 5 regime changes like Larry has? Has he actually helped to develop any young pitching talent? He sure didn't help Wood, Prior, or Zambrano.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Scorehead wrote:
How does a coach survive 4 or 5 regime changes like Larry has? Has he actually helped to develop any young pitching talent? He sure didn't help Wood, Prior, or Zambrano.

Has he really done a bad job?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:53 am 

BD wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Has he really done a bad job?

Like every coach it is difficult to determine how much of the success of the players comes from coaching and how much of it is the players natural talent and ability. Rothschild has had some successes (Dempster, Wells (last season)) and some failures (Zambrano, the inability to develop Smardzijila at all) but my major question with Rothschild is that every year it seems the Cubs are leading the league in strike outs which can be a good thing but it also leads to very high pitch counts from starters which make the Cubs use their already questionable pen even more. I guess it has just been so long that he has been here with somewhat solid but not spectacular results that I would like the organization to embrace a new phiolsophy from their pitching coach. The Rangers and Devil Rays are both doing some interesting new things with letting young pitchers pitch through dead arm periods and tweaking their preparation which seems like it might pay dividends. Anything that will get some distance between the Cubs and the towel drill would be a welcome change in my mind.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Yeah,Scorehead & I are meatballs. All these months later,is Ricketts still evaluating talent or is he what he appears to be? A silverspooned,McCaskey-esque,out-of-touch nerd who is being bamboozled by the slick talking likes of a Crane Kenney & Jim Hendry?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:36 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Yeah,Scorehead & I are meatballs.

But there is a difference. You are a likable meatball. JohnKirk is an asswipe of a meatball.

Frank Coztansa wrote: