It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Ricketts was shooting top secret video yesterday as a Beer vendor at the shrine for "Undercover Boss".
WTF does Ricketts know about being the boss of the Cubs?
Thanks have not started well for him & this probably wont help either.

Is it too early in his tenure as Cubs owner for me to want him to just go away already???

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/20 ... -boss.html[url][/url]

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Scorehead wrote:
Ricketts was shooting top secret video yesterday as a Beer vendor at the shrine for "Undercover Boss".

He owns the team. He knows more than all of us put together.

Scorehead wrote:
Is it too early in his tenure as Cubs owner for me to want him to just go away already???

Sure is. Pretty well known that he wanted to take a year to evaluate the business/make some minor improvements to Wrigley.

Just because he's not as visual as Mark Cuban doesn't mean he's doing a bad job. It's unfair to make any kind of worthwhile assessment of him as an owner until probably 3 full years.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:53 am 

It's a cover. He's actually trying to make some extra money so he can buy himself out of some those horrible long term contracts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:55 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Sure is. Pretty well known that he wanted to take a year to evaluate the business/make some minor improvements to Wrigley.

Just because he's not as visual as Mark Cuban doesn't mean he's doing a bad job. It's unfair to make any kind of worthwhile assessment of him as an owner until probably 3 full years.

Exactly.

The guy inherited a club that was in obvious decline. Nothing would have saved this sinking ship this season. Replacing Lou, Hendry, and the coaching staff after last season would have brought the same results this season. Once he clears all the bad contracts and brings in his own guys, then I will hold him accountable. 3 years sounds about right.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:59 am 

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

THIS COCKSUCKER HAS TIME TO SHOOT "REALITY" TV

HERE'S SOME REALITY...YOUR TEAM SUCKS RHINOCERAUS BALLS!!!

SORIANO'S CONTRACT IS BACK LOADED!!!
HE'S GETTING A RAISE NEXT YEAR!!!
WHAT THE FUCK????

HENDRY, OBVIOUSLY NEEDS TO GO, OBVIOUSLY IN THE MOST OBVIOUS WAY

CUBAN WOULD NEVER DO A REALITY SHOW

THIS GUY IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO THE CUBS OF ALL TIME

THIS MOTHERFUCKING PEDOPHILE SHOULD BE WOOING JOE GIRARDI'S PEOPLE EVERYDAY

DARWIN BARNEY YOU CHIMP RAPING PANZI!!!

FUCK

FUCK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The funniest thing about Ricketts owning the Cubs is that he's the stereotype of the Cub fan that guys who consider themselves "real Cubs fans" try to disown. Put on the oversized Harry Caray glasses and have another brewski, Cubbie fans! Enjoy the sunshine in beautiful Wrigley Field. Maybe Fonzi or Aramis will hit a homer. Maybe the Cubs will win. Regardless, let's meet up at Red Ivy after the eighth inning.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:01 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:04 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yeah that was part of the bit.

I watched the Benefactor

And I know Cuban's college roommate, Harengody's dad, so me and Mark are pretty much business partners.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Thin crust cheese extra cheese ....Pizza DOC
It's TODD the bike shop owner NOT TOM the banker

Cubs owner Todd Ricketts on 'Undercover Boss'

Real Cub fans know their Ricketts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The funniest thing about Ricketts owning the Cubs is that he's the stereotype of the Cub fan that guys who consider themselves "real Cubs fans" try to disown. Put on the oversized Harry Caray glasses and have another brewski, Cubbie fans! Enjoy the sunshine in beautiful Wrigley Field. Maybe Fonzi or Aramis will hit a homer. Maybe the Cubs will win. Regardless, let's meet up at Red Ivy after the eighth inning.

Exactly.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:

WHAT???? Cuban would LOVE to do something like this. This is just the kind of thing I would expect from an owner like Cuban. He's always front and center with the Mavericks and craves the spotlight. I just wonder how much time Ricketts spends in observing/evaluating, when he's filming a show like this and going on an African safari midway through the season?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Confirmed on CTL that it will be TODD Ricketts on Undercover Boss. Whoo Hooo!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
I'd like to see the dyke Ricketts go "undercover". That could make some interesting reality TV. Fill in your own plot line. As to Tom Ricketts, the glasses bit was beyond belief. This guy is turning into a TOTAL penny pinching CLOWN. His fellow owners are happy though. Cuban would have turned this franchise into a perennial power, not a fucking joke with an owner wearing Harry Caray glasses then cutting the budget. Why didn't he step up and get Chapman? You know Cuban would have been looking to make a splash. Looks like we're stuck with this idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:01 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

WHAT???? Cuban would LOVE to do something like this. This is just the kind of thing I would expect from an owner like Cuban. He's always front and center with the Mavericks and craves the spotlight. I just wonder how much time Ricketts spends in observing/evaluating, when he's filming a show like this and going on an African safari midway through the season?

Wow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:24 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
cpguy wrote:
This guy is turning into a TOTAL penny pinching CLOWN. His fellow owners are happy though.

Especially the gatekeeper to baseball ownership, whom you'll find nine miles south.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:33 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Wow.

come on. you're really surprised?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
This Ricketts are back from safari?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Northside_Dan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

He owns the team. He knows more than all of us put together.

Gonna really disagree with that. There are tons of people in this city who are partial owners of the Sox and Bulls who know more about owning a team than Tom Ricketts does.

There is also NO reason why he should have been doing this at this point. He needs to fix his baseball team first and foremost.

This "Letting baseball people do their jobs stuff " is such crap!

He had been bidding on this team for 2 years. Go work at a minor league team! Go work at a local minor league team! Even the Wolves or the Sky! In Another sport.!

YES, I am going to tell you I had a better idea about running a team than this guy did, from spending a ton of time with people at the Sox, Bulls, Wolves and Sky.

The joke within the industry is "Pleeeaasse Dad, I won't ask for another thing"

Tom Ricketts needed to become one of those baseball guys he keeps talking about. Instead he wants to be PT Barnum!

For all I ripped on Reinsdorf, he always surrounded himself with baseball people. He talked to scouts all the time, he wanted to see what they look at, why they look at certain guys, etc. Reinsdorf became a baseball guy BECAUSE HE OWNS A BASEBALL team. You can hire the girl the shake her tits and sell ads, the Ivy League DB who thinks his cross tiered marketing plan of bringing macaroni to the park is the savior, but unless your teams win, none of it means shit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:30 pm 

you could invent cold fusion that fits in a briefcase, go on to earn 1/3 of the entire worth of the whole world, buy every single baseball team from t-ball to mlb and get rid of all the teams but the cubs and you still couldnt get a championship on the north side. nobody could so dont act like ricketts sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Undercover Boss. Isn't that what he has been doing with the Cubs? Cub fans have not seen shit from this guy in regards to this team. All I keep reading about is he hired some stat guy in the front office. Whooppee!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:09 pm 

bigfan wrote:
For all I ripped on Reinsdorf, he always surrounded himself with baseball people. He talked to scouts all the time, he wanted to see what they look at, why they look at certain guys, etc. Reinsdorf became a baseball guy BECAUSE HE OWNS A BASEBALL team. You can hire the girl the shake her tits and sell ads, the Ivy League DB who thinks his cross tiered marketing plan of bringing macaroni to the park is the savior, but unless your teams win, none of it means shit.

I really don't consider Reinsdorf a baseball guy. He's a businessman who knows how to build a front office and let them work. Ricketts problem is that he has Crane Kenney in a position where he should have a guy like Larry Lucchino, John Scheurholz, or Sandy Alderson. Jim Hendry is his top baseball mind. He's a glorified scout. He has no business sense as evidenced by his horrendous contracts. Until he gets somebody who understands both the talent and business sides of the organization, the Cubs will continue to develop mediocre prospects and sign bad free agents for too much money.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:47 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
johnnyfontane wrote:
Jim Hendry is his top baseball mind. He's a glorified scout.

He's like a poor man's (or would it be rich man's?) Crumbs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:50 am 

It's not a bad show, but like so many other reality shows, it is very predictable. Boss goes out undercover, boss does jobs and meets "special" people that change his thinking about his business. Boss calls those people into his office and they are surprised at who he is. Boss has big meeting and rewards all of the people he met. There, you just watched the show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:38 pm 

People give too much credit to people like Ricketts. He and his family did well in the business world. So well, they had enough money to get involved in majority ownership of a Baseball team. but does that mean he judges talent well???...No. But thats a scouts job anyway. Does it mean that he chooses the right guys to draft and sign as free agents???...No, but thats the General managers job. Does it mean that he can properly judge the capabilities of the men in those positions after a year and a half and identify people who might do their jobs better??...I hope so, but I'm not real confident thats the case. The biggest joke was when they had Rickets as part of the "Lunch with a Legend" series for am1000. A Legend??? What has he done, besides some ballpark improvements?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
johnnyfontane wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I really don't consider Reinsdorf a baseball guy. He's a businessman who knows how to build a front office and let them work. Ricketts problem is that he has Crane Kenney in a position where he should have a guy like Larry Lucchino, John Scheurholz, or Sandy Alderson. Jim Hendry is his top baseball mind. He's a glorified scout. He has no business sense as evidenced by his horrendous contracts. Until he gets somebody who understands both the talent and business sides of the organization, the Cubs will continue to develop mediocre prospects and sign bad free agents for too much money.

Trust me, Jerry is a baseball guy. He didnt start there, but after working at it for 30 years, he knows his shit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 pm 

The more they show the Ricketts Family, the creepier they look. The boardroom scene with all them was really weird. You would think with all the cash Todd has, he would have a hotter wife.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:48 pm 

He's kind of an idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:51 pm 

Agree. He has sucked at all the jobs. How hard can it be to park cars?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:55 pm 

I am astounded mr. redass did not like the show.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: My guy tells me Little Caesars is the best.
This show is great. The Ricketts not so much.