It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
whistler wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Go back to worshipping shitty players and live in your unicorn filled fantasy land.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Took you that long to get to that one?

Let me take a shot at your ideal Cubs Lineup:

CF-Tyler Colvin
2B-Andres Blanco
LF-Matt Murton
1B-Hee Sop Choi
RF-Tuffy Rhodes
3B-Kevin Orie
C-Koyie Hill
SS-Ryan Theriot
P-Sean Gallagher

A bunch of these guys were shipped out of town by that big bad bully, Jim Hendry, so they all fit your criteria. All they need is a shot to prove how hard they work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Phil McCracken wrote:
whistler wrote:
the numbers u posted didnt show he's mediocre...they showed exactly what I said...that he never has been given a chance and his work ethic never recognized

He played in 144 games in 2006 and 94 games in 2007. He lost playing time because he is an unathletic corner outfield with no power. You are still a dope.

once again u proved my point...a regular in 2006, and a part-time player in 2007...even in 2007 he hit .281, with much of his work filling in for injured Soriano...his OBP was excellent in 2006 and 2007...a testament to him working hard and maximizing what he had

by 2008 his spirit was broken and knew that Lou didnt like him...that's why his numbers were down with the few AB's he had...but before that, when he had hope, he was very capable...

plus, in spring training 2008 Harold Reynolds was interviewing him and Harold kept buggin him about how he's made the big-time, etc, and there was Matt denying it, saying he had a long way to go...obviously in his mind knowing that his playing time was decreasing and he didnt believe he would get much of a chance in 2008...and he was right...but Matt still knew that if give the cahnce, then, yes, he could be a good ballplayer

the AAA and Japan records show that he re-dedicated himself and now believes he could take the next step...give him a chance...Matt is also a class guy and good teammate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

Took you that long to get to that one?
Let me take a shot at your ideal Cubs Lineup:

CF-Tyler Colvin
2B-Andres Blanco
LF-Matt Murton
1B-Hee Sop Choi
RF-Tuffy Rhodes
3B-Kevin Orie
C-Koyie Hill
SS-Ryan Theriot
P-Sean Gallagher

A bunch of these guys were shipped out of town by that big bad bully, Jim Hendry, so they all fit your criteria. All they need is a shot to prove how hard they work.

way off...CHoi, RHodes, Orie, Hill, and Gallagher i could care less for...Rhodes and Hill werent even homegrown either...I like Blanco but not as a starter...but a great backup along with Fontenot

2B- Theriot
SS-Castro
1B - Hoffpauir
CF- Fuld
RF-Colvin
LF-Murton
C - Soto/Castillo
3B - Ramirez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
whistler wrote:
2B- Theriot
SS-Castro
1B - Hoffpauir
CF- Fuld
RF-Colvin
LF-Murton
C - Soto/Castillo
3B - Ramirez

this lineup makes me want to put on cargo shorts, flip flops, and buy one of those pre-beat-up pre-bent-bill dave-matthews-fan cubs hats... you know, the one with the adjustable strap on the back and comes with gashes in the bill and all that.... the ones they sell for the cubs and red sox at your local lidz store.

seriously, that lineup would compete with the pittsburgh pirates. you'd be lucky to have 100 home runs from that starting lineup. although, suffice to say it would be a grinder and have da fire and da pashin and bleed cubbie blue.

btw anyone who says cubbies should be shot on sight. no exceptions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:16 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
whistler wrote:
2B- Theriot
SS-Castro
1B - Hoffpauir
CF- Fuld
RF-Colvin
LF-Murton
C - Soto/Castillo
3B - Ramirez

this lineup makes me want to put on cargo shorts, flip flops, and buy one of those pre-beat-up pre-bent-bill dave-matthews-fan cubs hats... you know, the one with the adjustable strap on the back and comes with gashes in the bill and all that.... the ones they sell for the cubs and red sox at your local lidz store.

seriously, that lineup would compete with the pittsburgh pirates. you'd be lucky to have 100 home runs from that starting lineup. although, suffice to say it would be a grinder and have da fire and da pashin and bleed cubbie blue.

btw anyone who says cubbies should be shot on sight. no exceptions.

They would work hard though. I'm sure they would share orange slices and juice boxes while they wait for their moms to pick them up after the game too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:57 am 

I love Whistler :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
rogers park bryan wrote:
I love Whistler :lol:

How do the Cubs fans on the board get represented by this guy.....cubbiegirl and the racist painter. The dopey sox fans get off easy. And hell Aggravated Sox Fan Bob is awesome. Do we have any intelligent posters in the minors that the Cubs fans can call up to the board.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I'm a Cub Fan. I have made my thoughts known on many issues,most notable is the Reinsdorf/Selig conspiracy to cripple the Cubs in 2009 by not giving them an owner.
Finally allowing there guy to get ownership and we see how that's worked out!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:08 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
I'm a Cub Fan. I have made my thoughts known on many issues,most notable is the Reinsdorf/Selig conspiracy to cripple the Cubs in 2009 by not giving them an owner.
Finally allowing there guy to get ownership and we see how that's worked out!

C'mon Jimmy. It's too early to judge the Ricketts era. The fact is that he will be stuck spending 3 years digging out of the shitfest that the TribCo left.

Remember, it took the Yankees 3 or 4 years to make the playoffs again after Steinbrenner bought the team from CBS.

It's different resources, and IMO insane to believe that the Cubs would be run the same way they were while the Trib was in charge.

I think the reason Ricketts keeps Crane Kenny and Jim Hendry around is to have them as the ones to answer to the shit they created. Why bring in a new staff now, when you are stuck with the horrible, unmovable contracts.

As an outsider, all I am saying is be patient. Once Ricketts has the flexibility to make the moves he wants, this will be a different team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
sjboyd0137 wrote:
As an outsider, all I am saying is be patient. Once Ricketts has the flexibility to make the moves he wants, this will be a different team.

I don't necessarily disagree with your post but after 100+ years patience is in short supply

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:10 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree with your post but after 100+ years patience is in short supply

That too is understandable, and that's unfortunate for the Ricketts'.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
sjboyd0137 ,
Excellent counterpoint. I agree with what you stated,but this guy could fire Hendry now and Cub fans would understand the new guy has "to dig out" so to speak.
I'm old and impatient. Enough losing,enough disappointment...DO SOMETHING!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
sjboyd0137 ,
Excellent counterpoint. I agree with what you stated,but this guy could fire Hendry now and Cub fans would understand the new guy has "to dig out" so to speak.I'm old and impatient. Enough losing,enough disappointment...DO SOMETHING!

20 Years ago, you are right. Hell, even 10 years ago, you are right. Unfortunately, now there is 24/7 heavy duty coverage and the "do it right now" philosophy, that does not allow for patience when it comes to change.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:26 am 

the associated press is boring

here's an article from a japanese paper on murton's record...he also leads the league in runs scored

of course, my psychological analysis on him proved to be right on the button, according to his comments here...all he ever wanted, was a chance...and that the bullying of the player makes it hard to feel comfortable...read all about it here:

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/T101006005694.htm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:27 am 

whistler wrote:

here's an article from a japanese paper on murton's record...he also leads the league in runs scored

of course, my psychological analysis on him proved to be right on the button, according to his comments here...all he ever wanted, was a chance...and that the bullying of the player makes it hard to feel comfortable...read all about it here:

When it's him making the statements, it just comes off as whining.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:08 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
whistler wrote:

When it's him making the statements, it just comes off as whining.

he isnt whining...he's answering questions and responding honestly
i would want a ballplayer to feel confident in himself

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
whistler wrote:
he isnt whining...he's answering questions and responding honestly
i would want a ballplayer to feel confident in himself

See and I'd want him to be good. We have different expectations in players, to be sure.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.