It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Talked with an employee of the Bulls last night who told me the impression of folks working for the other sports franchises in town is that Ricketts is going to slice and dice spending anywhere he can.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Wunnerfuull!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:35 am 

EXHIBIT A......the amount of money the fat ass heart patient Silva is owed next season.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
EXHIBIT A......the amount of money the fat ass heart patient Silva is owed next season.

Not sure I understand this... how is this Rickett's fault? Hendry is the GM.

Besides, is there anyone who believed he was going to spend more? This organization is in awful shape. I don't mind them trimming the fat and starting in a new direction.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:44 am 

The point is that Ricketts is going to cut costs any place he can.....It doesn't matter who drove up the debt.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
The point is that Ricketts is going to cut costs any place he can.....It doesn't matter who drove up the debt.

No, I get that. My point is, why wouldn't he? This organization is bloated, and the way it was running clearly wasn't getting it done.

Lots of businesses need to be stripped down before you can build them back up. This is a work in progress, with a helluva lot of work to do. Too early to give them a report card, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

That is bascially Milton Bradley money. What could Ricketts have done about that?

Ricketts is in a tough situation, no question about that. He really had two ways to go. 1) Bring in new baseball people and rebuild on the fly, or 2) Let all the existing contract expire, including Hendry's, and then rebuild. He chose the latter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:08 am 

Johnny, I shouldn't have used one player as an example...He's interested in streamlining the entire business and he has said many times he is looking for new revenue streams.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Johnny, I shouldn't have used one player as an example...He's interested in streamlining the entire business and he has said many times he is looking for new revenue streams.

I'm all for new revenue streams as long as it goes back into the team. And I'm not talking about a state of the art Arizona training facility. The Cubs biggest problem IMO is that they need better player personnel people. Talent evaluation and acquisition is the most important job in sports.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The Cubs biggest problem is that %$#*& Toyota sign,right ASFB? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's

then why did he put padding on the dugout benches?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Talked with an employee of the Bulls last night who told me the impression of folks working for the other sports franchises in town is that Ricketts is going to slice and dice spending anywhere he can.

Are you sure it wasn't a friend of a friend of a cousin of an employee of the Bulls who heard the impressions of folks working for other franchises?
Thanks for the really solid investigative info!!!

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
johnnyfontane wrote:
rebuild

don't say that word around hungry cubs fans! like i just heard on grote-n-rosenbloom (and i must say, grote seems to be better than paruch from just a combined ~30-45 mins of listening whilst in transit) they'll never admit the rebuilding thing in lieu of selling tickets.

but hey, have faith... hendry said that this team is only 3 or 4 moves away from being a real player. suffice to say we're not going to have xavier nady bringing his talents to first base or anything. and i'm sure whoever replaces lilly in the rotation will be the goods. remember, the cubs decided to bullpen/bench a coming-out-of-the-funk zambrano because you couldn't deny the gibsonesque dominance of one tom gorzellany early in the season. is angel guzman under contract? he could come back and be thunder to marmol's lighting. i, for one, can't wait to ride the blake dewitt experience ride that they're going to open up at great america next season.

snarkiness aside, i had been saying for a minute that the cubs are facing a minimum of 3-4 years of suck at some point after they realize there's no point trying to soup up the datsun to have another run at the daytona 500, so by that estimation i think we're starting to open the window of sucktitude. ramirez will be gone after this year, silva in another season or two... i think this is fukudome's last year, and now you're starting to get out of the soriano contract as there's only FOUR MORE YEARS, FOUR MORE YEARS, FOUR MORE YEARS!!

that said, the real shame is that ricketts might be selling snakeoil in claiming he's not rebuilding and staying competitive... i mean, he's gone from that opening press conference to that last statue dedication where he wore those dumbass giant harry caray glasses. that image will stick with me until these cubs actually start making moves, like example, who do you fancy at 3B in 2012? who's the big bad third sacker prospect coming up through the system? who's your RF in 2012? who's your 1B in 2011+? those are big slugging "get me a studly hitter" positions and i don't think the optimal answers are on this roster, or necessarily in the farm system at present.

thank god we retained jim hendry for continuity's sake, eh? =D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
sinicalypse wrote:
johnnyfontane wrote:
rebuild

they'll never admit the rebuilding thing in lieu of selling tickets.

this is flat out dumb...the reason they wont admite the rebuilding thing is because they WONT rebuild...Hendry is so disillusioned that he doesnt WANT to rebuild u dumbass...has nothing to do with selling tickets...the tickets sell no matter what

it has everything to do with Hendry being so starry-eyed that he thinks he is the Yankees...and, like after the 2006 season, he is gonna go for broke and fill his team with veterans and suffocate the young talent...now cut it out with ur conspiracy schemes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?

ah...so you'd prefer who they traded him for?