It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
more insight as to why Hendry hired Quade

because, as Ive said all along, Sandberg wasn't gonna be the company man if he was hired...the company I refer to is Hendry's bully mind, not Ricketts or the Cubs as a whole

Quade bullied Castro this year (sat him for 2 games because he made an error), just the way Hendry loves to bully his players around and run 'em out of town at the first sign of disobedience

Now, this is all just background info for what I am about to present: today's article in the Suntimes, one of a long line of them this week that have been digging into Quade's 30 year past:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball ... 24.article

Here is the pertinent part of the article:

One was Phillies prospect Rick Holifield, who didn't bother running on a pop-up and was taken out of the game by Quade, who got a phone call from the front office the next day telling him Holifield had to be in the Scranton lineup every day.

Quade felt that was the wrong message and refused.

''That's what I'd want out of the guy,'' Cubs general manager Jim Hendry said.

It cost Quade his job. The two-time minor-league manager of the year eventually was forced to take a job managing in Class A in the Oakland Athletics organization.

As Quade said the day he was introduced as Cubs manager, ''It's important that I stand firm on who I am, come hell or high water. And if that doesn't do it up here ...''

There it is...a smoking gun...Hendry admitted that what he wants is a bully...a guy just like Lou...mess with the lineup, send guys down, bring guys up, bring a sense of chaos to the team thinking that guys are gonna be scared enough to "play better"

we all know this doesn't work, but in Hendry's fantasy bully mind, it does

remember what I said about Hendry trying to bully Sandberg in the backrooms? This is what I meant...Hendry was willing to give Sandberg a chance, but only if he could bully him into his way of thinking...this was the reason for the excessive interviews, not only with Jim, but with Ricketts and even Crane Kenney and others (this according to Sandberg, see Waddle and Silvie interview with him)...Hendry was sold on Quade because he knew he couldnt bully Ryno, but wanted Ricketts and Kenney's input anyhow because he just didnt want to dispose of a Cub legend on his own accord. So this way, if Ricketts and Kenney signed off on Quade, Hendry would "feel better" and not feel solely responsible for snubbing Sandberg...Said in another way, Hendry wanted as much justification as possible to NOT hire Sandberg

Don't say I didn't call it...I knew something was up when it seemed like every week Sandberg was being interviewed...more than a normal candidate would be intervewed (or for that matter, more than any candidate in any organization has ever been interviewed)

Not only is Hendry a bully, but now he has hired Lou Piniella Jr. Even Quade mentioned the bullyish things he learned from Lou...and Hendry ate it up like a frog

In conclusion,

QUADE IS A BULLY

Last edited by whistler on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Oh for fucks sake, shut the hell up.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Thanks for that tremendous insight CGS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
This rant is just plain weird.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
If there was ever a such thing as a worst sports post on this board, whizzer's would be in the team picture.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:01 am 

The Bully thing has run it course

Need some new crazy up in this piece

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Bully pulpit?