It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
this Giants team did it right

used all 25 guys in the postseason...lotta teams clam up in the postseason and use the same 5 or 6 pitchers and the same 8 or 9 position players

the Giants werent afraid to use everybody...a true baseball team...once again slammin down on Hendry's delusional approach in 2007 to start signing a conglomerate of overpriced veterans, thinking he could buy a title when he had no basis or core to his team...he thought he had the right manager to bully players into a title

instead he got crushed and the blubber came squirting out

well last night the Giants proved again that u can do it with average players who complement each other, with young, homegrown pitching as the foundation

they bit the bullet for a couple years to develop their pitching and it proved to be the solid core needed to get through...Lincecum, Cain, Wilson, etc.

dont underestimate the value of Randy johnson there the last couple years either...they didnt bring him in to win...they knew they weren't ready to win...but they brought him in to be a guide to their young pitching and those guys benefitted from it

Hendry is so 1-dimensional he never woulda done that...he only would bring in a pitcher with the thought of winning a world series, not a guy to guide the future of the team

so last night more of Hendry's blubber came out as the Giants philosophy came crashing down on him again

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
At no point in your ramblings did you come close to making a coherent point. We are all dumber for reading it. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: nowhere
Hank Scorpio wrote:
At no point in your ramblings did you come close to making a coherent point. We are all dumber for reading it. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Reading the thread title was enough for me

F R A T!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
I'm starting to like whistler.