It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
bigfan wrote:
Those parking lots you think the state gets money for?

You seem confused. You said state, not me.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hell, the parking taxes and fees alone are probably hundreds and thousands of dollars for Chicago each year.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:04 pm 

bigfan wrote:
It isnt "THE POINT". Because others do something that is wrong, it's OK for others to do it? The difference is I live in the State and City that are Broke because of stuff like this and thus every fee associated with living in the city and state has increased.
So you are saying that Jerry Reinsdorf is to blame for the high cost of living in Chicago? Go read what the Colts have done to Indianapolis.
bigfan wrote:
Look at what the FIRE wanted. They just wanted Land and they would build on it. The Cubs never ask for a dime from the City, they just pay $6 m a year in taxes.
That's because they are the FIRE, and no one would care if they moved to Peoria or Channahon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
bigfan wrote:
It isnt "THE POINT". Because others do something that is wrong, it's OK for others to do it? The difference is I live in the State and City that are Broke because of stuff like this and thus every fee associated with living in the city and state has increased.
So you are saying that Jerry Reinsdorf is to blame for the high cost of living in Chicago? Go read what the Colts have done to Indianapolis.
bigfan wrote:
Look at what the FIRE wanted. They just wanted Land and they would build on it. The Cubs never ask for a dime from the City, they just pay $6 m a year in taxes.
That's because they are the FIRE, and no one would care if they moved to Peoria or Channahon.

1. I never said Jerry is to blame for the high cost of living in Chicago, but when I hear the City is broke and the state is broke, and thus both reach deeper and deeper into the pockets of the citizens for fees and taxes, yes, I have a problem with the fact that an addtional tax is used EVERY SINGLE YEAR for the Sox to make some sort of Capital Improvement, whether needed or not.

Funny thing, is you BOILERMAKER RICK, got pissed about a $1.00 per ticket tax on Spring Training games, that maybe, if you traveled to AZ would have cost you the $1 per game, so maybe 2 games you would see?
So the 2$ pissed you off? Well Rick, ever stay at a hotel in Chicago? Would you be OK if that Money went to not only fund the building of the Cubs stadium, but how about the new Triangle building? and all other future developments that Cubs do? Because that is what the Sox have.

2. The Fire, have a decent following. The create revenue in this city. I dont give a shit about Soccer, but I know they average about 15,000 a game....close to the Sox!(lol)

3. Who cares about Indy? I don't live there and I don't care what happened. How does what any other team in any other city, make what Reinsdorf does right? You have brought up this issue of other teams in other towns 3 times now? These deals get done because the Politicians are bought and paid for, and none of them want to be the ones who lost the City teams.

Here is another article for you and all other Sox fans to read to see how poor of a deal this has been for the state. Here is the CLIFF NOTES VERSION - $400 mill in costs, returns $6 Mill a year = REAL BAD DEAL

http://www.heartland.org/policybot/results/16343/Chicago_Stadiums_Fail_to_Deliver_Promised_Benefits.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 pm 

United Center Deal -

$150 mill loan from FUJI Bank, Owners put in $25 Mill, entire balance repaid in 4 years.

Jerry and Wirtz Family outright own the UC. No more financing.

Why couldn't this deal have been done for US Cell? Because Jerry knew it would never work, so the State funded it????????

But Per Boilermaker Rick, it happens elsewhere, so it's OK?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:09 pm 

Lastly, I didnt even touch on the UC v Domed Soldier Field, as a Dome would take away all of Jerrys Huge Shows at the UC that make them a ton of money. Please do not try and sell me on the "They didn't do a dome because of the pillars are tributes to soldiers"...ughhhhhh..

Fact is Jerry let the Bears use his politicians as long as they got no dome! Oh, and while that money from the ISFA is being kicked around, throw another $35 mill back to the Sox, they will find something to do with it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Reinsdorf wasn't the only owner in Arizona to object. Every other team is being forced to charge an extra dollar per ticket and give it to a competing business. Who would be for such a thing?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:21 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Reinsdorf wasn't the only owner in Arizona to object. Every other team is being forced to charge an extra dollar per ticket and give it to a competing business. Who would be for such a thing?

I am, aware of that, Bud was the first to say something. However, the tax went back to the Arizona version of the Sports Authority and then distributed. First of all, it was $1 and while the Tax was created to HELP fund the Cubs facility, it also funded The Sox and Dodgers facility, who recieved $130 million from this organization to build their new faciltiy. Of which a % of that money comes from....TAXES ON SPRING TRAINING TICKETS! Where does everyone think they got the idea for the extra Dollar????

The PR angle of this "$1 Cub park tax" was a terrible idea and was another Ricketts Rookie owner mistake,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:32 pm 

The Illinois Sports Facilities Authority is a public venue that hosts special events and community activities. To learn more about upcoming events at U.S. Cellular Field that are updated by the Authority, please see calendar below.

There are no events scheduled at this time. Please check back at a later date.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 am 

bigfan wrote:
1. I never said Jerry is to blame for the high cost of living in Chicago, but when I hear the City is broke and the state is broke, and thus both reach deeper and deeper into the pockets of the citizens for fees and taxes, yes, I have a problem with the fact that an addtional tax is used EVERY SINGLE YEAR for the Sox to make some sort of Capital Improvement, whether needed or not.
That's fair.
bigfan wrote:
Well Rick, ever stay at a hotel in Chicago? Would you be OK if that Money went to not only fund the building of the Cubs stadium, but how about the new Triangle building? and all other future developments that Cubs do? Because that is what the Sox have.
If the tax goes to a general fund that is dispersed for many things I'd have no problem with it. The problem with the $1 tax is that it is going to a fund that will never benefit a Sox fan unless they decide to go to a Cubs game. Would you support a $1 ticket tax on every game at Wrigley that went to improve the White Sox stadium? I doubt it. When I stay in a hotel that tax goes into a fund that will provide at least some benefit to future visitors. There was no benefit for the $1 ticket tax.
bigfan wrote:
3. Who cares about Indy? I don't live there and I don't care what happened. How does what any other team in any other city, make what Reinsdorf does right? You have brought up this issue of other teams in other towns 3 times now? These deals get done because the Politicians are bought and paid for, and none of them want to be the ones who lost the City teams.
That's convenient. That means that the only two owners I can bring up in this discussion is the Wirtz family and Reinsdorf. The whole point about Indianapolis is that every owner does this kind of stuff including the Cubs now with Mesa. It's just the way the system works.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:28 am 

bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jerry isn't different or unique. He may be more effective but almost every owner does this kind of stuff. That's the point.

The citizens of Mesa are paying for the Cubs practice facility for about a month. That is as bad or worse than any way that Jerry has "fleeced" Chicago.

The team that brings the most money to the state and the team that takes the least from the state of Illinois (zilch) is the same in Chicago. The Cubs.

When a GREAT deal came along in the United Center, Jerry didnt let the ISFA touch that deal? Or did he just reserve the really good ones for the people of the State of Illinois.

Remember all the concerts and events that were going to be held there and make all this money back for the State?

Once again, I didnt expect the State to make money on this deal, I do think the City or state should have contributed, but it's over. Stop the Political ATM.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
The Illinois Sports Facilities Authority is a public venue that hosts special events and community activities. To learn more about upcoming events at U.S. Cellular Field that are updated by the Authority, please see calendar below.

The point of this is?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:18 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The point of this is?

pretty sure the point BF is trying to make is the amount of $$$ the ISFA is putting back into U.S. Celleular on an annual basis under the "guise" of hosting special events & community activities, as their credo refers to, and the fact that there is no events ever scheduled there. So basically...it just goes to jerry and his baseball stadium.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Oh, ok. And outside of Bears and Fire games, the other outdoor venues in and around the city have lots of events scheduled at this time right? :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think that Fire stadium in Bridgeview has a fair deal of concerts and stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Oh, ok. And outside of Bears and Fire games, the other outdoor venues in and around the city have lots of events scheduled at this time right? :roll:

Reading is a skill. Yeah Toyota Park does, but not in November and December huh?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Reading is a skill. Yeah Toyota Park does, but not in November and December huh?

Why are you arguing with yourself?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:57 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Why are you arguing with yourself?

:lol: :lol: :lol: