It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:46 am 

This is just confirmation that Ricketts is in it for selling tickets. This ownership is going to make us wish for the Wrigleys.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:52 am 

quick, somebody take a shot at the sox!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
W_Z wrote:

I usually try to stay out of Cub threads. But this one is pissing me off. He hasn't signed with the Cubs. He isn't a Cub again. It's a complete bullshit thread. bigfan should delete the fucking thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Is this what it's come to for Cub fans? Fantasizing about a deal for Kerry Wood that hasn't even happened? Things are worse than I thought on the North side.

:lol: :lol:

This thread is single handedly turning me into a Twins fan. No one is 'fantasizing' about Kerry. He had a good stretch in New York last year. The nature of bullpens shows that he could do that again this year or he might be awful. For the right deal, it's not a bad move. If that sounds like crazy fantasies to you, you sir are an idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:22 am 
Site Admin

Northside_Dan wrote:
This thread is single handedly turning me into a Twins fan. No one is 'fantasizing' about Kerry. He had a good stretch in New York last year. The nature of bullpens shows that he could do that again this year or he might be awful. For the right deal, it's not a bad move. If that sounds like crazy fantasies to you, you sir are an idiot.

It hasn't happened. The thread is bullshit. Should I start a thread entitled "Felix Hernandez now a White Sox"?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
It's going to happen unless the Yankees come back with a better offer. Just because it hasn't happened at 7:24 AM doesn't mean it won't happen before the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:25 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

It hasn't happened. The thread is bullshit. Should I start a thread entitled "Felix Hernandez now a White Sox"?

Right, which was somewhere in P2 that this wasn't an imminent as the OP lead us to believe. Today, it's even in the Trib that it's likely to happen which is why it's mostly turned into a thread about what would/do you think about this.

It's clearly an PR move by Hendry. But at least, it does have the possibility to provide a PR boost and actually help this team win. If it happens, show me the contract and that will 100% influence my opinion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:26 am 
Site Admin

City of Fools wrote:
It's going to happen unless the Yankees come back with a better offer. Just because it hasn't happened at 7:24 AM doesn't mean it won't happen before the weekend.

It also doesn't mean he won't sign with the Red Sox or Diamondbacks. Cub fans love to say, "It's gonna happen!" Too bad it never does.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:31 am 
Site Admin

Northside_Dan wrote:
Right, which was somewhere in P2 that this wasn't an imminent as the OP lead us to believe. Today, it's even in the Trib that it's likely to happen which is why it's mostly turned into a thread about what would/do you think about this.

It's clearly an PR move by Hendry. But at least, it does have the possibility to provide a PR boost and actually help this team win. If it happens, show me the contract and that will 100% influence my opinion

Okay, that's fine. It would be an okay move for the Cubs. Really insignificant, but it wouldn't hurt.

There are many posts in this thread addressing it as if it is something that has actually occurred. I'm not saying it will or it won't. I have no idea what Wood might do. But when I open a thread that says "Jesse Crain signs with the Sox", I don't find it unreasonable to expect that he has. If he hasn't, the guy who posted it is a fucking douchebag.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:32 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I usually try to stay out of Cub threads. But this one is pissing me off.

oh let the cubs fans have their fun. i'm not partaking even though i am one. i don't care if he comes back, it won't change much about how much this team will suck the root.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Northside_Dan wrote:
[quote= It's clearly an PR move by Hendry. But at least, it does have the possibility to provide a PR boost and actually help this team win. If it happens, show me the contract and that will 100% influence my opinion

Dan, if Hendry was worried about making PR moves, Sandberg would be the manager right now.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:47 am 

SteveSarley wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
[quote= It's clearly an PR move by Hendry. But at least, it does have the possibility to provide a PR boost and actually help this team win. If it happens, show me the contract and that will 100% influence my opinion

Dan, if Hendry was worried about making PR moves, Sandberg would be the manager right now.

That's fair enough. I don't think he's entirely motivated by a PR type signing. I think he really does try to make this team good, he's just bad at contracts. I believe that Hendry thinks that this move would help out our bullpen, but there has to be a part of him that realizes this is a bit of a good will move too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
"Northside_Dan" - That's fair enough. I don't think he's entirely motivated by a PR type signing. I think he really does try to make this team good, he's just bad at contracts. I believe that Hendry thinks that this move would help out our bullpen, but there has to be a part of him that realizes this is a bit of a good will move too.

Two things, Dan:
1 - "That's fair enough." I don't believe these words have ever been muttered on CSFMB. How refreshing. I was actually expecting, "You effin' moron! You don't know crap! Go eff yourself!"
2 - I understand the PR value of the move. Maybe this is an example of some Ricketts Cub love showing through? Can you imagine what would happen if Wood signed with the South Siders?

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:59 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Okay, that's fine. It would be an okay move for the Cubs. Really insignificant, but it wouldn't hurt.

There are many posts in this thread addressing it as if it is something that has actually occurred. I'm not saying it will or it won't. I have no idea what Wood might do. But when I open a thread that says "Jesse Crain signs with the Sox", I don't find it unreasonable to expect that he has. If he hasn't, the guy who posted it is a fucking douchebag.

You sound like a whinning little girl - seriously are you going to cry? If your going to cry I will put a question mark in the subject - but only if you admit that you cried.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Is this what it's come to for Cub fans? Fantasizing about a deal for Kerry Wood that hasn't even happened? Things are worse than I thought on the North side.

It's Close!!!!

That Season Ticket Waiting list must be tripling!!!!

Funeral and Statue probably deal clinchers!!!!

It has gotten this bad for the Cubs under this bean counting debt strapped clown Ricketts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: ------
When JORR enters a Cubs thread its time for me to bow out. Where in the pages of this thread does it seem like anybody is all jacked up about this signing? Like Good Dolphin said in another thread Cubs fans right now are too beat up by the Ricketts regime and are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Personally I think Sox nation is all bent out of shape because Wood laughed at the possibilty of being a White Sock and now its time to get their dander up about how stupid Cubs fans are. Have fun paying a 38 year old Paule 15 M.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Phil McCracken wrote:
Have fun paying a 38 year old Paule 15 M.

A lot of people said the same thing about a 34 and 35 year old Paulie.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: ------
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:
Have fun paying a 38 year old Paule 15 M.

A lot of people said the same thing about a 34 and 35 year old Paulie.

Cool...

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:50 am 

*Let the record show*

Pauly will be 37 in the last year of his contract and will be paid $6.5M.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
W_Z wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Keyser Soze wrote:
*Let the record show*

Pauly will be 37 in the last year of his contract and will be paid $6.5M.

Have fun paying a 44 year-old Pauly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:58 am 

Deferred money is free money. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:02 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Money delayed is money denied.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Can we please standardize the nomenclature for Mr. Paul Konerko's nickname?

Pauly
Paulie
Pauley
Paule
Paulee
Pauli

Pick a lane.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

It also doesn't mean he won't sign with the Red Sox or Diamondbacks. Cub fans love to say, "It's gonna happen!" Too bad it never does.

when you don't know what you're talking about, it's wise not to comment. "Too bad it never does"-well, that sentance will be proven wrong, probably by this weekend. Is is a good signing? Well, for the money being discussed now, yes. Whether it makes the Cubs tremendously better is debateable. They're rebuilding this year and the next too. Now is the time to get rid of Zambrano, Fukudome, etc. Wood is just a palate cleanser.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

when you don't know what you're talking about, it's wise not to comment. "Too bad it never does"-well, that sentance will be proven wrong, probably by this weekend. Is is a good signing? Well, for the money being discussed now, yes. Whether it makes the Cubs tremendously better is debateable. They're rebuilding this year and the next too. Now is the time to get rid of Zambrano, Fukudome, etc. Wood is just a palate cleanser.

Joe Orr Road Geovany and it's not even his sophomore season. Mocking Cub fan enthusiasm for a free agent signing? That's a bit of a reach for a Cub bash.

Last edited by johnnyfontane on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
johnnyfontane wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Joe Orr Road Geovany and it's not even his sophomore season.

He's off the juice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
No, JORR was just finally able to get off the McDonald's.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
He broke Ronald McDonald's hold on him. Grimace and Mayor McCheese took a bullet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
Confirmed. My guy CSF!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next