It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Maddon
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Kirkwood wrote:
for the love of god. let dudes pitch. stop mixing and matching like it's game 7 of the damn world series.

No matter how much of a genius a manager is, some fans are going to complain about him. It usually takes longer than fifteen games though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
for the love of god. let dudes pitch. stop mixing and matching like it's game 7 of the damn world series.

No matter how much of a genius a manager is, some fans are going to complain about him. It usually takes longer than fifteen games though.

The Fourth Estate has been neutered. Fans may be the ony criticism Maddon receives on the Northsdie.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

This is such trollish bullshit. The best managers still make mistakes, or make decisions that backfire. It's ok not to love everything they do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Going from Schlitter to Phil "here, let me lose this lead" Coke, Maddon has Coke IBB the first batter he faces--wouldn't it be better to have the pitcher on the way out IBB his last batter than a reliever coming in IBB his first? Or maybe the matchups dictated the situation. Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

This is such trollish bullshit. The best managers still make mistakes, or make decisions that backfire. It's ok not to love everything they do.

I didn't bash Maddon. If you're going to accuse someone of trolling, maybe it should be your fellow Cub fan.

Is Maddon "the best" or is he an idiot that can't handle a bullpen? Maybe I should go elsewhere to find out. It seems like CSFMB Cub fans can't decide.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:45 pm 

Kirkwood, do you still agree that tampering to get him was a good idea?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:47 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Is Maddon "the best" or is he an idiot that can't handle a bullpen? Maybe I should go elsewhere to find out. It seems like CSFMB Cub fans can't decide.

Why does it have to be black or white. Can't it be grey? Maddon is not the best or an idiot. He is just a manager who has had success at his prior job. Only time will tell how good a manager he is or is not. Not Cub fans or JORR on a message board.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Juiced wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why does it have to be black or white. Can't it be grey? Maddon is not the best or an idiot. He is just a manager who has had success at his prior job. Only time will tell how good a manager he is or is not. Not Cub fans or JORR on a message board.

That's exactly what I think. But if that's the case, why so much talk about him?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:52 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Juiced wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
Where's the disaster?

Every guy can identify with getting the shaft in the workplace. This also will put Maddon on the shitlist with every other current baseball manager (I would assume.) These things just are not done like this. Totally classless.

You complain about Trestman being nice and rip into Theo for being mean. I honestly believe if the Cubs ever win the world series, you are going to be mad because you have nothing to be mad about anymore.

Theo is trying to get the best manager in baseball and your still not happy. :roll:

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=2107130#p2107130

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Juiced wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
Where's the disaster?

Every guy can identify with getting the shaft in the workplace. This also will put Maddon on the shitlist with every other current baseball manager (I would assume.) These things just are not done like this. Totally classless.

You complain about Trestman being nice and rip into Theo for being mean. I honestly believe if the Cubs ever win the world series, you are going to be mad because you have nothing to be mad about anymore.

Theo is trying to get the best manager in baseball and your still not happy. :roll:

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=2107130#p2107130

I squirmed and giggled in my chair. Flawless.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:59 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I didn't bash Maddon. If you're going to accuse someone of trolling, maybe it should be your fellow Cub fan.

I didn't say you were bashing Cubs fans. You're insinuating people can't criticize him and like him at the same time. Which is a completely ridiculous statement, and you know that. That's why you're a miserable troll. :alien: :drunken:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
When do the wacky hijinks and clubhouse shenanigans start:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:

I didn't say you were bashing Cubs fans. You're insinuating people can't criticize him and like him at the same time. Which is a completely ridiculous statement, and you know that. That's why you're a miserable troll. :alien: :drunken:

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm laughing at the roller coaster emotions of many (NOT ALL, NOT ALL NOT ALL) Cub fans. A few months ago this guy was a cross between Connie Mack and John McGraw riding a Canondale and wearing hipster glasses. Now he's a dope who doesn't know how to use his bullpen.

And if you want to make personal attacks and call each other names I can do that to, though I'd prefer not to.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Hussra wrote:
When do the wacky hijinks and clubhouse shenanigans start:

paul sullivan ran a story in the trib today about how rizzo aka "dj riz" has a little disco party with a disco ball and smoke machine when the cubs win. he's going to find a way to hang that thing up on the road, so he vows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i like what he is doing with the bullpen. there is no hiding down there, if you are on the roster he will pitch you. early in the year you have to run these guys out and find out who can do what, you can't just keep going to the same 2 guys all year. Edwin Jackson has looked good until today. Schlitter has looked like shit but actually looked good today. He is giving everyone a chance to come and show that they can help the team. he is giving him a chance to come and show he has some value. Same with the bench, he is using everyone, and i think it keeps everyone on their toes.

it might cost them some games early like last night when he ran Ross out there with the bases loaded in a clutch situation and today with Phil Coke (oh shit no NOT HIM, please) but i like that everyone had better have their heads in the game. i have a feeling some of these guys are going to be going bye-bye pretty soon and others will get their shots.

Last edited by man of few opinions on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm laughing at the roller coaster emotions of many (NOT ALL, NOT ALL NOT ALL) Cub fans. A few months ago this guy was a cross between Connie Mack and John McGraw riding a Canondale and wearing hipster glasses. Now he's a dope who doesn't know how to use his bullpen.

And if you want to make personal attacks and call each other names I can do that to, though I'd prefer not to.

I'm not calling you names. You are by definition, a troll. That's what you do, so you can't be shocked when you get called out on it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

man of few opinions wrote:
i like what he is doing with the bullpen. there is no hiding down there, if you are on the roster he will pitch you. early in the year you have to run these guys out and find out who can do what, you can't just keep going to the same 2 guys all year. Edwin Jackson has looked good until today. Schlitter has looked like shit but actually looked good today. He is giving everyone a chance to come and show that they can help the team. he is giving him a chance to come and show he has some value. Same with the bench, he is using everyone, and i think it keeps everyone on their toes.

it might cost them some games early like last night when he ran Ross out there with the bases loaded in a clutch situation and today with Phil Coke (oh shit no NOT HIM, please) but i like that everyone had better have their heads in the game. i have a feeling some of these guys are going to be going bye-bye pretty soon and others will get their shots.

I agree. You can't ask the manager to dance around one or two of his pitchers. The GM put them on the roster, you have to be able to use them. You can't play two guys short.

I can see Schlitter is going to be the latest locus of 108 years of Cub fan frustration following in the long and storied tradition of such illustrious names as LaTroy Hawkins, Todd Hundley, Jacques Jones, etc.

Last edited by Joe Orr Road Rod on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:22 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I can see Schlitter is going to be the latest locus of 108 years of Cub fan frustration following in the long and storied tradition of such illustrious names as LaTroy Hawkins, Todd Hundley, Jacques Jones, etc.

You're doing it again

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

I'm not calling you names. You are by definition, a troll. That's what you do, so you can't be shocked when you get called out on it.

I'm not shocked by anything you say. You post a lot of dumb stuff. I don't think you understand the definition of "troll".

Besides that, I'm defending Maddon. If this conversation was going the other way, you'd still be attacking me. It's simple ad hominem and has nothing to do with any content posted by me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You're doing it again

Isn't that true though?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You're doing it again

Isn't that true though?

Probably not.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You're doing it again

Isn't that true though?

Probably not.

no need to be diplomatic.

it's 100% untrue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

Kirkwood wrote:
no need to be diplomatic.

it's 100% untrue.

Oh, maybe it's Ross then:

Kirkwood wrote:
this is stupid maddon's fault.
1. keeps pulling starters too early
2. keeps trotting out stupid schlitter
3. keeps letting ross anywhere near the field

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The fact that Cubs fans are bringing the fire and passion and nitpicking every little thing again is a good thing. It means there's actual expectations now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Maddon using Jackson and Schlitter today, almost assured them of losing. Theo needs to waive that steaming pile of monkey dung-Jackson IMMEDIATELY! Schlitter probably needs to go down to the minors as well. Blake Palmer would be a better alternative.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:26 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
The fact that Cubs fans are bringing the fire and passion and nitpicking every little thing again is a good thing. It means there's actual expectations now.

Cub fans cant win with some people

If they're optimistic, they are idiots being fed hype.

If they're pessimistic, its lolololol hilarious how they have a roller coaster of emotions

Never mind that there are multiple Sox fans on this board who have called their team garbage and then contenders in the same 24 hour stretch. Those guys are just passionate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:29 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

If they're pessimistic, its lolololol hilarious how they have a roller coaster of emotions

Never mind that there are multiple Sox fans on this board who have called their team garbage and then contenders in the same 24 hour stretch. Those guys are just passionate.

Do you need some cheese with that whine?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:33 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

No, Ill take some bacon though :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:33 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

No, Ill take some bacon though :twisted:

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Lake is hitting #4 tonight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next