It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KB
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I am going to say this guy is going to be good!

Post subject: Re: KB
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
How good? Better than The Great Bryce Harper?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:27 am 

You mean the guy who was ROY at Age 19? and is only 21 year old? No doubt he had a bad 3rd year, was injured had less than 400 ABs

Please provide me the list of 21 year old position players you would rather have than Bryce Harper? Outside of the current 22 year old MVP. Who BTW, only batted .220 when he was 19 with his 120 ABs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:31 am 
Site Admin

bigfan wrote:
Please provide me the list of 21 year old position players you would rather have than Bryce Harper?

Obviously, Kyle Schwarber, Billy McKinney, Albert Almora, and Addison Russell.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:36 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Please provide me the list of 21 year old position players you would rather have than Bryce Harper?

Obviously, Kyle Schwarber, Billy McKinney, Albert Almora, and Addison Russell.

Those statues will be on the Clark Street side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You tell us how good he will be, since you seem to know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:27 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Cue the argument he will be lucky to have the career Joe Crede did.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:28 am 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I have no idea, but I feel very safe in saying he will be nowhere near as good as Babe Ruth.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ive said it before but Ill be happy if he has as good an offensive career as Aramis Ramirez. Which is a pretty high ceiling.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
conns7901 wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Cue the argument he will be lucky to have the career Joe Crede did.
Not sure about their career arcs, but 'KB' will certainly be lucky to be anywhere near as good as Crede was with the glove.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:33 am 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:
Ive said it before but Ill be happy if he has as good an offensive career as Aramis Ramirez. Which is a pretty high ceiling.

But here's the disconnect for me. We're dreaming about multiple World Series and Ramirez has never won any. And many Cub fans couldn't wait to run Aramis out of town and now we're celebrating a guy who may some day be as good as if it's the greatest thing that's ever happened. You can understand my confusion, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:34 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I used to pass through Joe Crede's old hometown outside of Jeff City. The street signs are in German. I didn't see any Joe Crede memorabilia, though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

But here's the disconnect for me. We're dreaming about multiple World Series and Ramirez has never won any. And many Cub fans couldn't wait to run Aramis out of town and now we're celebrating a guy who may some day be as good as if it's the greatest thing that's ever happened. You can understand my confusion, I'm sure.

The disconnect is thinking a single player being good/great means multiple World Series. No one thinks like that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The disconnect is thinking a single player being good/great means multiple World Series. No one thinks like that.

Well, I'm not the one focusing on minor leaguers being "Babe Fuckin' Ruth". You should take up that concern with other people.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball ... Year_Award

A good list, but some flameouts and bums too!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:43 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Well, I'm not the one focusing on minor leaguers being "Babe Fuckin' Ruth". You should take up that concern with other people.

Point us in the direction of Bernstein's made up source. We will take it up with them. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:44 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

That's separate from the stupid fucking statement you made about one good prospect meaning we're dreaming about multiple World Series.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:48 am 
Site Admin

spanky wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Point us in the direction of Bernstein's made up source. We will take it up with them. :lol:

First of all, two Cub fans on the Score were spouting that shit and many others gobbled it up like candy.

The point is, nobody has any idea how any of these guys is going to play.

Here's another disconnect: Billy Beane, widely considered the best GM in the game, traded Russell and McKinney for a half season of Samardzija. So, do you really think the best GM in baseball traded the next Derek Jeter and Bernie Williams for 12 starts from Samradzija? Even if he thought there was a ten percent chance of that and as desperate as he is to win a World Series, I doubt he would have made that deal. But that's the beauty of guys who have never played. You can fantasize about them being anything you want them to be.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:49 am 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
That's separate from the stupid fucking statement you made about one good prospect meaning we're dreaming about multiple World Series.

Oh, I know you're not dreaming about multiple World Series because of your prospects. You're dreaming about them because of your GM and your manager. Which is even dumber.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:49 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

"We Are?"

Good to know JORR on the bandwagon...

I am looking for one

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:52 am 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
The royal "We"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spanky wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

First of all, two Cub fans on the Score were spouting that shit and many others gobbled it up like candy.

The point is, nobody has any idea how any of these guys is going to play.

Here's another disconnect: Billy Beane, widely considered the best GM in the game, traded Russell and McKinney for a half season of Samardzija. So, do you really think the best GM in baseball traded the next Derek Jeter and Bernie Williams for 12 starts from Samradzija? Even if he thought there was a ten percent chance of that and as desperate as he is to win a World Series, I doubt he would have made that deal. But that's the beauty of guys who have never played. You can fantasize about them being anything you want them to be.

First of all, BERNSTEIN made that comment. That's not a Cubs fan, and it's certainly not someone posting on this board. So chill the fuck out with the Babe Ruth comments.

Secondly, there isn't a single Cubs fan suggesting they know what the Cubs will win, or even how good/bad a player will be. We WANT them to be good, and we WANT them to win multiple World Series. That's the whole fucking point of rooting for a team.

Thirdly, the fact that you are alluding to the fact that Aramis hasn't won a World Series as a negative of a player comparison is about as bad of a baseball thought as I've seen on this board. Totally stupid. Bryant could be 10 times the player Aramis is and the Cubs never win a WS, and he could be the biggest bust ever and they could win multiple WS. I can't believe I even had to type that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:53 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

Oh, I know you're not dreaming about multiple World Series because of your prospects. You're dreaming about them because of your GM and your manager. Which is even dumber.

Jesus. Please tell me what a fan needs to see in his team before he can want his team to win World Series.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:58 am 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
First of all, BERNSTEIN made that comment. That's not a Cubs fan, and it's certainly not someone posting on this board. So chill the fuck out with the Babe Ruth comments.

It is a Cubs fan and another Cubs fan- Spiegel made the same comment and both guys claimed it came from a Cubs exec.

Bucky Chris wrote:
Secondly, there isn't a single Cubs fan suggesting they know what the Cubs will win, or even how good/bad a player will be. We WANT them to be good, and we WANT them to win multiple World Series. That's the whole fucking point of rooting for a team.

Bucky Chris wrote:
Thirdly, the fact that you are alluding to the fact that Aramis hasn't won a World Series as a negative of a player comparison is about as bad of a baseball thought as I've seen on this board. Totally stupid. Bryant could be 10 times the player Aramis is and the Cubs never win a WS, and he could be the biggest bust ever and they could win multiple WS. I can't believe I even had to type that.

Why the fuck are you so excited then? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:59 am 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

Jesus. Please tell me what a fan needs to see in his team before he can want his team to win World Series.

It's not about wanting. It's about knowing. You just know it. Like you knew it with Baylor and Baker and Piniella and Orie and Scott and Pagel and Ty Griffin. It's gonna happen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ive been through gatorade on Durhams glove, Prior and Wood for games 6 and 7. I expect nothing from these guys anymore. Until they actually win something with these guys, Im cautiously pessimistic.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:01 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

It is a Cubs fan and another Cubs fan- Spiegel made the same comment and both guys claimed it came from a Cubs exec.

Bucky Chris wrote:

Bucky Chris wrote:

Why the fuck are you so excited then? :lol:

"It's gonna happen" was pre-Theo/Joe, so you're sentiment earlier was complete bullshit (shockingly). And that just serves the point I made about us wanting our team to win. It's ok to want your team to win. That's why we watch sports. I don't know why you get so offended by Cubs fans being excited about their team. It's some kind of psychotic obsession you have with Cubs fans. Are you one of those miserable fucks who hates when other people are in good moods too?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:01 am 

1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

It's not about wanting. It's about knowing. You just know it. Like you knew it with Baylor and Baker and Piniella and Orie and Scott and Pagel and Ty Griffin. It's gonna happen.

You forgot Josh Vitters and Brett Jackson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:03 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

This is imaginary message boarding at its finest. I am telling you 100%, matter of factly, I do not "KNOW" they will win a single World Series. I know the odds are actually against it. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the team, and root for them to win.

You make this shit up. "It's gonna happen" was a dumb marketing slogan. That's not an accurate representation of Cubs fans, and certainly not on this message board.