It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: KB
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Bucky Chris wrote:
"It's gonna happen" was pre-Theo/Joe...

Oh. Well, excuse me then.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Ive been through gatorade on Durhams glove, Prior and Wood for games 6 and 7. I expect nothing from these guys anymore. Until they actually win something with these guys, Im cautiously pessimistic.

EXACTLY. If anything, Cubs fans more than any other realize how hard it is to win a World Series. There is just absolutely no expectation out of the fan base that it's a done deal that the Cubs will win one. We want them to win one, we don't KNOW it's going to happen.

Last edited by Bucky Chris on Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
That's separate from the stupid fucking statement you made about one good prospect meaning we're dreaming about multiple World Series.

Oh, I know you're not dreaming about multiple World Series because of your prospects. You're dreaming about them because of your GM and your manager. Which is even dumber.

Jesus. Please tell me what a fan needs to see in his team before he can want his team to win World Series.

My Cubs fan of a girlfriend wont let me talk about how good the Cubs cou ld be and start pulling down Divisions and Pennants.

Says it is jinxing them. But that is just my anecdotal evidence.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
That's not an accurate representation of Cubs fans, and certainly not on this message board.

Why do you feel you're the "accurate representation" of a Cub fan and the guy waving the "It's Gonna Happen" sign and pulling his pud to the new Babe Ruth is not?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:09 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
That's not an accurate representation of Cubs fans, and certainly not on this message board.

Why do you feel you're the "accurate representation" of a Cub fan and the guy waving the "It's Gonna Happen" sign and pulling his pud to the new Babe Ruth is not?

Why do you feel I'm not? Take a poll of this board and see how many Cubs fans KNOW they will win a World Series. I doubt there are many. Certainly not a majority, and certainly not enough for you to act as if that's how the entire fan base sees it/

And again, Bernstein is a Sox fan. And I don't see a single other Cubs fan on this board making that statement.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Bucky Chris wrote:
And again, Bernstein is a Sox fan.

:lol: :lol: Okay, dude.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Bucky Chris wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

Why do you feel I'm not? Take a poll of this board and see how many Cubs fans KNOW they will win a World Series. I doubt there are many. Certainly not a majority, and certainly not enough for you to act as if that's how the entire fan base sees it/

And again, Bernstein is a Sox fan. And I don't see a single other Cubs fan on this board making that statement.

Dan is a Cubs fan for two reasons, its better for business when they are winning and now the Cubs being on CBS radio.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:17 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
And again, Bernstein is a Sox fan.

:lol: :lol: Okay, dude.

Even if you think he's really not a Sox fan and is a Cubs fan, he's certainly not an accurate representation of the Cubs fanbase for incredibly obvious reasons.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
He is a cubs fan and has always been...

He's just a little shithead that likes to tell people he is a Sox fan as if that had some "REBEL" quality attached to it, as prior to that the most rebelious thing he ever did was come home at 9:15 instead of his 9 PM curfew.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
donspiracy wrote:
You forgot Josh Vitters and Brett Jackson

This isn't comparable.

Josh Vitters and Brett Jackson were not universally thought of as can't miss prospects like Addison Russell and Kris Bryant (and Jorge Soler) are thought of. Kris Bryant is ranked #1 on every single list except one, where he is #2. Addison Russell is Top 5 on every list I've found. These are guys that will succeed at the major league level - how much success they will have is the only question. Kris Bryant may only hit .260 with 25-30 HR every season. That isn't bad if he takes walks. Addison Russell may only hit .270 with 10-15 HR power...but he will play excellent defense. Those would be two good players.

Or Russell could lead shortstops in OPS every season and Kris Bryant could win the triple crown.

We'll see. But this isn't Brett Jackson or Josh Vitters. Where were those two highly regarded outside of Chicago? Hell, I might have been the only one that thought Brett Jackson could be good inside of Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
bigfan wrote:
He is a cubs fan and has always been...

He's just a little shithead that likes to tell people he is a Sox fan as if that had some "REBEL" quality attached to it, as prior to that the most rebelious thing he ever did was come home at 9:15 instead of his 9 PM curfew.

:lol: I have had this thought about some guys in the media who profess to be Cub fans!

Bernsie and North,there might be a few others.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:01 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
donspiracy wrote:
Dan is a Cubs fan for two reasons, its better for business when they are winning and now the Cubs being on CBS radio.

Third is that the right kind of people run the team now after years of the right kind of people having very little to do with the Cubs or the Tribune Company.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Many applause Bucky Chris. You and RPB doing God's work on behalf of Cubbie nation. The Sox fans' fears are wholly evident found here daily.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

Don't you think we, the message board kind of fan, are a small percentage of a team's fandom. I would venture to guess that most fans of most teams don't know about their GM's past history, or where and when their prospects were drafted. We're the crazy ones. We're the ones who know all the assistant coaches, know the upcoming schedule, know the umpires or refs, etc.....

Why does it matter how hard or easy one roots for their team? Let everyone fan how they see fit, and don't take something you hear on the radio from the host or a caller, and blanket all of said team's fans with the same sentiment. We all know it doesn't add up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:26 pm 

I'm a Cubs fan and I know they're going to win it all this year because Back To The Future 2 said so. Go Cubs!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
I'm a Cubs fan and I know they're going to win it all this year because Back To The Future 2 said so. Go Cubs!

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Matches Malone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

Don't you think we, the message board kind of fan, are a small percentage of a team's fandom. I would venture to guess that most fans of most teams don't know about their GM's past history, or where and when their prospects were drafted. We're the crazy ones. We're the ones who know all the assistant coaches, know the upcoming schedule, know the umpires or refs, etc.....

Why does it matter how hard or easy one roots for their team? Let everyone fan how they see fit, and don't take something you hear on the radio from the host or a caller, and blanket all of said team's fans with the same sentiment. We all know it doesn't add up.

You're right. Which is why the constantly denials of this stuff are silly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

It's Gonna Happen guy is a lifelong Cubs fan with a family who has had season tickets through two generations. I think he can be used as a good barometer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:47 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Ive said it before but Ill be happy if he has as good an offensive career as Aramis Ramirez. Which is a pretty high ceiling.

But here's the disconnect for me. We're dreaming about multiple World Series and Ramirez has never won any. And many Cub fans couldn't wait to run Aramis out of town and now we're celebrating a guy who may some day be as good as if it's the greatest thing that's ever happened. You can understand my confusion, I'm sure.

Not really. If you think it through, you wont be confused.

Aramis was run out of town after being a big part of a team that failed to win it all. Not real hard to understand. Fans are fickle and once you cant win me a world series, I dont have use for you anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
That's separate from the stupid fucking statement you made about one good prospect meaning we're dreaming about multiple World Series.

Oh, I know you're not dreaming about multiple World Series because of your prospects. You're dreaming about them because of your GM and your manager. Which is even dumber.

:lol:

You've gone off the deep end, JORR.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:51 am 

"Every Cubs prospect will suck and the Cubs will never win anything but Wrigely is nice" is the only JORR approved Cub fan opinion

Doesnt matter what year it is, or how good/bad the team is, that is the only thing you can say.

Also, It's NOT Gonna Happen is probably ok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:57 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
"Every Cubs prospect will suck and the Cubs will never win anything but Wrigely is nice" is the only JORR approved Cub fan opinion

Doesnt matter what year it is, or how good/bad the team is, that is the only thing you can say.

In fairness to JORR, most Cub prospects have sucked. What gets me though, is even the most ardent Anti-Cub person has to see that this regime doing the drafting and signing has a track record of successful talent evaluation. All those before, except for Dallas Green and Larry Himes (though more so for the Sox) couldn't identify young talent no matter how many chances they were given.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:59 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
I distinctly remember Red Sox Nation talking up Lars Anderson and Jed Lowrie as two people who were going to make us change the way we thought about baseball. One guy has bounced around the majors and the other, well, hasn't. But they spent their way out of those mistakes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:00 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I distinctly remember Red Sox Nation talking up Lars Anderson and Jed Lowrie as two people who were going to make us change the way we thought about baseball. One guy has bounced around the majors and the other, well, hasn't. But they spent their way out of those mistakes.

True, but at the same time they were talking up Ellsbury and Lester.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:37 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

In fairness to JORR, most Cub prospects have sucked. What gets me though, is even the most ardent Anti-Cub person has to see that this regime doing the drafting and signing has a track record of successful talent evaluation. All those before, except for Dallas Green and Larry Himes (though more so for the Sox) couldn't identify young talent no matter how many chances they were given.

Amazing what you can find drafting in the top few picks.

Theo's track record at signing MLB FA is spotty, even by his own admission.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:38 am 

Bryant is going to be the best position player (for the Cubs) in decades and will be an MVP candidate (if not winner) in multiple seasons. An All-Star more years than not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Bryant is going to be the best position player (for the Cubs) in decades and will be an MVP candidate (if not winner) in multiple seasons. An All-Star more years than not.

Better than Sosa?

In his full seasons with the Cubs, he had a combined OPS of .936.

Last edited by IMU on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Elmhurst Steve wrote:

So he's a Hall of Famer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:43 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Amazing what you can find drafting in the top few picks.

Theo's track record at signing MLB FA is spotty, even by his own admission.

The Cubs and Clippers of yesteryear beg to differ. And I wasn't referring to big free agent signings, though you're correct that his record is spotty when it comes to that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:44 am 

IMU wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Better than Sosa?

In his full seasons with the Cubs, he had a combined OPS of .936.

Sosa was a great offensive player. Anyone remember Sosa having 40 HR's prior to breaking his wrist that one year? The raw talent was always there. Even back in those early Sox years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next