It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
good dolphin wrote:
Theo having a bad day with starlin thriving, lackey getting lit up and his dancing bear hurting himself in the outfield

Keep on keeping on GD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I have no horse in this race. Congrats to Castro for the nice start, but history has shown he can hit, but was a butcher in the field and at times a lazy player. I want no part of that kind of player on the Sox. he will settle back to reality. If they Yankees can make him a successful DH then congrats to them.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Thin crust cheese extra cheese ....Pizza DOC
good dolphin wrote:
Theo having a bad day with starlin thriving, lackey getting lit up and his dancing bear hurting himself in the outfield

in the future please refer to him as WINNING PITCHER John Lackey.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:52 am 

THE INQUISITOR wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

in the future please refer to him as WINNING PITCHER John Lackey.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

I leave those labels for others

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

The best trades are those that work out for both teams. Lackey settled down and pitched well in the last 3 innings he threw to get the win last night and hopefully Schwarber is not seriously hurt and his sprained ankle will be good to go soon. Cubs are 3-0 and in first place, so I'm guessing Theo is having a pretty good day, outside of feeling a bit anxious to get Schwarber's MRI results.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 am 

Saying Castro is "not a winner" when he plays for the Yankees will probably work out poorly for you in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
.245/.286/.411

:(

He's just not good anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Saying Castro is "not a winner" when he plays for the Yankees will probably work out poorly for you in the end.

Why? The Yankees suck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:36 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
.245/.286/.411

:(

He's just not good anymore.

Warren sucks too, Zobrist is a huge upgrade though @ second @ the plate and defensively.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:37 am 

312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why? The Yankees suck
I'm pretty sure Castro is going to win a lot in his career with the Yankees.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:56 am 

I'm pretty sure the Yanks won't win a world series in the next 5 years.. I'm pretty sure Castro won't be on the Yanks in 5 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:06 pm 

312player wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Yanks won't win a world series in the next 5 years.. I'm pretty sure Castro won't be on the Yanks in 5 years.
"pretty sure" about them not winning the World Series. Way to go out on a limb.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:16 pm 

I used " pretty sure" because that's what you used, there's no doubt in my mind that the Yankees won't win dick in the next 5 years..I think they do a total rebuild next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:28 pm 

312player wrote:
I used " pretty sure" because that's what you used, there's no doubt in my mind that the Yankees won't win dick in the next 5 years..I think they do a total rebuild next year.
My point is that betting against the Yankees losing for a long period of time is normally a bad idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:34 pm 

They've won as many rings as Philly,White Sox, Marlins,Cards,Anaheim and Arizona the last 15 years.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
We need Starlin back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
IMU wrote:
We need Starlin back.

Yep. He would help the shitty bullpen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Starlin was going insane the last 30-45 games of the season...too bad he got hurt. Figured his OPS would climb to the high .700s.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
who?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Does not matter now. The present and future is Russell. Castro couldn't even fill the Baez role at this point. Good trade even for nothing. Yankees are paying his salary and he gets to play everyday.

Win win. I don't have malice for Castro. And wish him well in New York.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:03 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Does not matter now. The present and future is Russell. Castro couldn't even fill the Baez role at this point. Good trade even for nothing. Yankees are paying his salary and he gets to play everyday.

Theo lost that trade though, just like lemaheu trade.. He should have taken a AA or A pitcher..Warren was-is horseshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:20 am 

312player wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Theo lost that trade though, just like lemaheu trade.. He should have taken a AA or A pitcher..Warren was-is horseshit.

Warren was a cost controlled pitcher that had 300 MLB innings and an ERA of 3.6. In their view he was project-able and I believe they had ambitions of starting him. Did he work out, god no. But the idea that he was trash and they should have taken a AA lottery ticket is crap. He was a lottery ticket in the same way Arrieta was one. He just didn't pan out.

He is back on the yankees and has pitched 25 innings with a 3.33 ERA again.

That said, here is the remainder of Starlin's contract whom the yankees will be paying.
2016: $7M, 2017: $9M, 2018: $10M, 2019: $11M

Not every trade has to be Dempster for Hendricks or whoever for Arrieta and strop.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
TurdFerguson wrote:
312player wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Warren was a cost controlled pitcher that had 300 MLB innings and an ERA of 3.6. In their view he was project-able and I believe they had ambitions of starting him. Did he work out, god no. But the idea that he was trash and they should have taken a AA lottery ticket is crap. He was a lottery ticket in the same way Arrieta was one. He just didn't pan out.

That said, here is the remainder of Starlin's contract whom the yankees will be paying.

Not every trade has to be Dempster for Hendricks or whoever for Arrieta and strop.

Isn't that what geniuses that walk on water do?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:31 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
312player wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Obviously ya can't win every trade, but ya gotta acknowledge the ones ya lost, can't put a positive spin on everything.. I don't think Castro's salary is bad...I would think he's very movable..we just didn't get shit for him..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:32 am 

pittmike wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
312player wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Isn't that what geniuses that walk on water do?

I'd say Theo's trading record on the Cubs has been that of a genius. Acquired through trade arrieta, strop, russell, hendricks, rondon, and Rizzo. His signing haven't been goood, but I think that group makes less than Heyward.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:36 am 

312player wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
312player wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Obviously ya can't win every trade, but ya gotta acknowledge the ones ya lost, can't put a positive spin on everything.. I don't think Castro's salary is bad...I would think he's very movable..we just didn't get shit for him..

The salary isn't positive spin though, that money was reallocated directly into the Zobrist signing. Can both teams lose a trade? I'd lean more toward that if Starlin never learns to take a walk at 10 Mil a year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I think you have to acknowledge the possibility that the manager prompted that trade, knowing he'd get Zobrist. That's Maddon's guy.

I didn't like the move then, don't really like it now but I don't think it's hurting the Cubs overall. I hate to part with a good player under cost control, but that's not the end all be all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:56 am 

Zobrist is 4-56$

That will probably be a real problem in 18 and 19 ..possibly in 2017. Castro was cheaper, Zobrist is better(for now) doubt that is the case the next 3 years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:29 am 

City of Fools wrote:
I think you have to acknowledge the possibility that the manager prompted that trade, knowing he'd get Zobrist. That's Maddon's guy.

I didn't like the move then, don't really like it now but I don't think it's hurting the Cubs overall. I hate to part with a good player under cost control, but that's not the end all be all.

Definitely agree with Maddon want Zobrist over Castro. And so far I'd say they have been right.

312player wrote:
Zobrist is 4-56$
That will probably be a real problem in 18 and 19 ..possibly in 2017. Castro was cheaper, Zobrist is better(for now) doubt that is the case the next 3 years.

But they need the better player now and this year Zobrist was much better than Castro.

Also I'd take both Baez and Russell over Castro going into the season. Castro is too good to be relegated to the 25 guy on the bench. He pretty much had to go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next