It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:
IMU wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
There was no circumstantial evidence against him.

Sure there was. He was a lot better than his peers.

That is the same circumstantial evidence against Arrieta.

Accusations by other MLB players is not circumstantial evidence.

Correct. It falls way short of circumstantial evidence. It is a baseless accusation. It's the same as me saying America is not only a lousy poster on the message board, but a cross dressing hermaphrodite. It doesn't make it true, just because someone makes an accusation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Correct. It falls way short of circumstantial evidence. It is a baseless accusation. It's the same as me saying America is not only a lousy poster on the message board, but a cross dressing hermaphrodite. It doesn't make it true, just because someone makes an accusation.

Or witness testimony.

If Arrieta was a good pitcher in Baltimore, and his velocity stayed about where it had when he came to the Cubs, and his body looked generally the same, I could maybe write off these accusations as baseless. Maybe he just LEARNED HOW TO PITCH! and became dominant.

But that is not what happened and you know it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:58 am 

America wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Or witness testimony.

Wrong again. Witness testimony in a case involving the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs would involve witnesses testifying to the delivery of such drugs to an individual, the possession of such drugs by an individual or the witnessing of the use (ingestion or injection) of said drugs. I don't recall baseless accusations being part of the testimony used in the hearings of Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:05 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Wrong again. Witness testimony in a case involving the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs would involve witnesses testifying to the delivery of such drugs to an individual, the possession of such drugs by an individual or the witnessing of the use (ingestion or injection) of said drugs. I don't recall baseless accusations being part of the testimony used in the hearings of Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens.

So other major league players are independently of one another completely fabricating accusations of PED use against Jake Arrieta. Only Jake Arrieta too, no players that I've seen have accused Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw, Madbum... really anyone else in MLB, of steroid use. Multiple major league players just threw a dart against the wall and it landed on Jake Arrieta's picture and now they're out to destroy him in the media. It's all one giant conspiracy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:13 pm 

America wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

So other major league players are independently of one another completely fabricating accusations of PED use against Jake Arrieta. Only Jake Arrieta too, no players that I've seen have accused Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw, Madbum... really anyone else in MLB, of steroid use. Multiple major league players just threw a dart against the wall and it landed on Jake Arrieta's picture and now they're out to destroy him in the media.

Accusations are not evidence.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:22 pm 

Well, if he's using them, he's beaten the test 10 times.

I guess he's dominant in that aspect too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
America wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

So other major league players are independently of one another completely fabricating accusations of PED use against Jake Arrieta. Only Jake Arrieta too, no players that I've seen have accused Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw, Madbum... really anyone else in MLB, of steroid use. Multiple major league players just threw a dart against the wall and it landed on Jake Arrieta's picture and now they're out to destroy him in the media.

Accusations are not evidence.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:30 pm 

I hope he is using and that he never gets caught. Starts throwing a 92 mph knuckleball and 18 more no hitters. Ends up being as big as The Rock by next season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:30 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Well, if he's using them, he's beaten the test 10 times.

According to Jake Arrieta.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Let's not bullshit that he was a soft tossing lefty scrub when they acquired him. He won 10 games in the AL east as a rookie and was Baltimore's opening day starter prior to being traded. He still throws the same speeds from baltimore, just for accuracy now.

His dominant pitch today is his slider, a pitch that was banned from Baltimore's pitchers repertoire. His problem never appeared to be stuff, but harnessing his stuff and throwing strikes. Going through scouting reports and stories when he was traded he hasn't seen a spike in velocity. still throws mid 90's heat now with a great slider.

Quote:
The Dodgers faced Arrieta on April 21 at Camden Yards, and a number of their players said his stuff was comparable to that of Mets righty Matt Harvey, whom they saw three days later at Citi Field.

Arrieta turned in one of his typical major-league outings, pitching four strong innings before imploding in the fifth. But almost three months later, the Dodgers are still talking about him.

“The stuff he threw up at me was stuff I haven’t seen all year – the sharpness of his pitches, the way his fastball darted out of the zone,” catcher A.J. Ellis said. “He has really high upside. I thought it was an awesome trade by the Cubs.”

Arrieta threw 93 to 98 mph with a 90-mph cutter in his first outing at Triple A for the Cubs on Friday night; the game was suspended in the second inning due to rain. If he fails as a starter, the Cubs could always try him as a hard-throwing reliever.

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/archiv ... 5#p2962887

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:48 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Let's not bullshit that he was a soft tossing lefty scrub when they acquired him. He won 10 games in the AL east as a rookie and was Baltimore's opening day starter prior to being traded. He still throws the same speeds from baltimore, just for accuracy now.

His dominant pitch today is his slider, a pitch that was banned from Baltimore's pitchers repertoire. His problem never appeared to be stuff, but harnessing his stuff and throwing strikes. Going through scouting reports and stories when he was traded he hasn't seen a spike in velocity. still throws mid 90's heat now with a great slider.

Quote:
The Dodgers faced Arrieta on April 21 at Camden Yards, and a number of their players said his stuff was comparable to that of Mets righty Matt Harvey, whom they saw three days later at Citi Field.

Arrieta turned in one of his typical major-league outings, pitching four strong innings before imploding in the fifth. But almost three months later, the Dodgers are still talking about him.

“The stuff he threw up at me was stuff I haven’t seen all year – the sharpness of his pitches, the way his fastball darted out of the zone,” catcher A.J. Ellis said. “He has really high upside. I thought it was an awesome trade by the Cubs.”

Arrieta threw 93 to 98 mph with a 90-mph cutter in his first outing at Triple A for the Cubs on Friday night; the game was suspended in the second inning due to rain. If he fails as a starter, the Cubs could always try him as a hard-throwing reliever.

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/archiv ... 5#p2962887

you can tell you're a Scrub fan 'lefty" :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:53 pm 

Maybe Jake Arrieta just needed to start throwing with his right hand?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:55 pm 

Pretty sure Turd knows Arrieta is righty and was just using the term "soft tossing lefty" as a way of saying a #5 type barely hanging on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:57 pm 

America wrote:

Maybe you and everyone who has suggested he is throwing harder today, needs to come to grips with the fact that is not true. Just because one idiot says something like "he throws 5-6 MPH faster now than he did in Baltimore" doesn't make it true and worthy of repeating. It's not true and all these ridiculous accusations are baseless.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:58 pm 

With enough PED's he can kick the ball and be the best pitcher in baseball.... at least that's what i'm hearing from sox nation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:59 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Pretty sure Turd knows Arrieta is righty and was just using the term "soft tossing lefty" as a way of saying a #5 type barely hanging on.

what the hell are you talking about?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:59 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

A Doug Capilla type only right handed, so more a Randy Martz type.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:03 pm 

IMU wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
There was no circumstantial evidence against him.

Sure there was. He was a lot better than his peers.

That is the same circumstantial evidence against Arrieta.
...and Greg Maddux.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:03 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Im talking about the fact that Turd was clearly saying Arrieta was not some cast off (aka Lefty soft tosser) who just all of a sudden found lightening in a bottle. He was expected to be a top of rotation starter, he was just a late bloomer.

Turd knows Arietta is right handed. Everyone reading that knows what he meant.

Between this and your complete misunderstanding of Mully and Kasper's discussion, Im starting to worry about you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:06 pm 

Sayin an athlete is on peds is like saying im on marijuana

Yea of course ive done it. It probably has helped me become the awesome person i am. But im not doing it now. Ill test clean. And when i start to suck again ill do a little more but not enough to get caught.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:09 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
America wrote:

Maybe you and everyone who has suggested he is throwing harder today, needs to come to grips with the fact that is not true. Just because one idiot says something like "he throws 5-6 MPH faster now than he did in Baltimore" doesn't make it true and worthy of repeating. It's not true and all these ridiculous accusations are baseless.

Taken from the Camden depot

Arrieta has actually seen an uptick in velocity with the Cubs. His fastball velocity jumped about 1 mph. He's throwing his cutter about 3 mph harder than his slider in Baltimore. And even his curveball has seen a 2 mph bump. Cutters tend to be late-career pitch additions, so it is interesting to see Arrieta add the pitch in his late-20s and also still see an increase in his velocity across the board. Perhaps that won't continue. But for at least one season, Arrieta pitched better than he ever did in Baltimore -- by far.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
America wrote:

Elmhurst Steve is broken again, anyone know how to fix him?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:27 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Im talking about the fact that Turd was clearly saying Arrieta was not some cast off (aka Lefty soft tosser) who just all of a sudden found lightening in a bottle. He was expected to be a top of rotation starter, he was just a late bloomer.

Turd knows Arietta is right handed. Everyone reading that knows what he meant.

Between this and your complete misunderstanding of Mully and Kasper's discussion, Im starting to worry about you.

their discussion did not included that it was that it was the best trade in baseball???? How much money you have Short Round? You didn't even hear it did you?

I'm out.

Last edited by Walt Williams Neck on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
America wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Well, that was the original use of steroids, for recovery from injury. So recovery from muscle stress would be aided, so using them might make sense if they were not tested so often. I don't blame any athlete that wants to give themselves and their team a better chance for success by whatever means. If it's eating right, exercise programs, better sleep, sensory deprivation chambers, sports therapists or steroids/ HGH use. But you don't see guys hitting 50 homers commonly anymore. Nor do we see 40 year old pitchers dominating regularly. Because the testing is regular enough.

We do see a player who couldnt hack it for the Orioles turn his entire career around at age 30, go on an historic run of dominance and then get accused by other MLB players of PED use. Dont have to be Sherlock fucking Holmes to get to the bottom of this mystery.

He turned his career around last month?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
2006-2015
Minimum 3 years 120 innings or more
About 150 pitchers sample size

Two guys showed significant uptick in slider velocity:

2007 John Lackey 82
2008 John Lackey 82.6
2009 John Lackey 81.7
2010 John Lackey 84.2
2011 John Lackey 86.2
2013 John Lackey 84.8

2009 Clayton Kershaw 81
2010 Clayton Kershaw 81.2
2011 Clayton Kershaw 83.6
2012 Clayton Kershaw 85.4
2013 Clayton Kershaw 85
2014 Clayton Kershaw 87.4
2015 Clayton Kershaw 88

Arrieta would've been a third but didn't pick up his 119 innings pitched in 2011

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:36 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
America wrote:

Arrieta has actually seen an uptick in velocity with the Cubs. His fastball velocity jumped about 1 mph. He's throwing his cutter about 3 mph harder than his slider in Baltimore. And even his curveball has seen a 2 mph bump. Cutters tend to be late-career pitch additions, so it is interesting to see Arrieta add the pitch in his late-20s and also still see an increase in his velocity across the board. Perhaps that won't continue. But for at least one season, Arrieta pitched better than he ever did in Baltimore -- by far.

So the article I posted had him sitting between 92-98... When will i see this uptick and a 99-100 mph fastball. Everything I have ever seen said mid 90's fastball. That is still what he is at.

And big surprise his cutter is 3MPH faster than the slider, its a different fucking pitch.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:43 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
America wrote:

So the article I posted had him sitting between 92-98... When will i see this uptick and a 99-100 mph fastball. Everything I have ever seen said mid 90's fastball. That is still what he is at.

And big surprise his cutter is 3MPH faster than the slider, its a different fucking pitch.

no shit

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Time for a nap Walt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:52 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Time for a nap Walt.

that's a good one :lol:

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next