It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Fair question about anyone these days and if jake was lighting up the radar gun above 95, I would be more suspecting of it.

Yet, the guy has talked about organic eating, juicing, pilates, etc for 2 years now.

I am not going to say never, but have you seen the guys posture?

I remember when a few here even hinted that Maddux used. LOL...if he did, he got some bad stuff and he didnt do the other part, which is working out, to make the roids work.

And using terms like "approaching 30" lol, the whole concept is a reach, but I would never say that any player is clean in pro sports as I think they all walk a very fine line of using products that might be accepted, but are a protein away from being on the unaccepted list.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Maybe it's a fair question but let's not forget that Beardown is a certified psychopath and deserves to be treated as such.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
bigfan wrote:
Fair question about anyone these days and if jake was lighting up the radar gun above 95, I would be more suspecting of it.

Yet, the guy has talked about organic eating, juicing, pilates, etc for 2 years now.

I remember when a few here even hinted that Maddux used. LOL...if he did, he got some bad stuff and he didnt do the other part, which is working out, to make the roids work.

And using terms like "approaching 30" lol, the whole concept is a reach, but I would never say that any player is clean in pro sports as I think they all walk a very fine line of using products that might be accepted, but are a protein away from being on the unaccepted list.

Fair question. I think he just works harder and better at it than most of his peers or those that played before him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:

Yes. That's the point. If you're on PEDs aren't you gonna be the guy constantly telling the media about organic eating, juicing and pilates to throw them off the sent. Also, can't you be doing those things and still be doing PEDs?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
You didn't major in malevolence.

No...you'd keep your head down and not do an entire Sports Illustrated article inviting people into your daily routine in order to stay in shape / perform well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:28 pm 

Beardown wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Yes. That's the point. If you're on PEDs aren't you gonna be the guy constantly telling the media about organic eating, juicing and pilates to throw them off the sent. Also, can't you be doing those things and still be doing PEDs?

Do you realize how close you are to being a source in a DiCaro tweet?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

IMU wrote:

No...you'd keep your head down and not do an entire Sports Illustrated article inviting people into your daily routine in order to stay in shape / perform well.

Gotcha. Cuz he's gonna have the needles and drugs in the room when Sports Illustrated comes to the house. God, you people are stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:31 pm 

Maybe. Dont care.

He has always been a freak athlete though. Even in the 5 era Baltimore years

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:32 pm 

Beardown wrote:
IMU wrote:

Gotcha. Cuz he's gonna have the needles and drugs in the room when Sports Illustrated comes to the house. God, you people are stupid.

And yet when all of these major leaguers and minor leaguers are getting caught, he is the only one dodging it?

Go back and look at my 2013 posts about Arrieta. And then my 2014 posts. And then my 2015 posts.

Arrieta's success could be predicted and was predicted, if not quite to this level.

Last edited by IMU on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Reporter: I went to Charlie Sheen's house today. I didn't see any hookers or drugs. So that must mean he doesn't bang hookers or do drugs.

CSFMB: Good enough for me.

Beardown: Unbelievable. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:36 pm 

viewtopic.php?p=2017691#p2017691

Look at Nas' dumbass. :lol:

edit: Goddamn I am the best baseball poster on this board.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
Beardown wrote:
IMU wrote:

And yet when all of these major leaguers and minor leaguers are getting caught, he is the only one dodging it?

Go back and look at my 2013 posts about Arrieta. And then my 2014 posts. And then my 2015 posts.

Arrieta's success could be predicted and was predicted, if not quite to this level.

AROD got away with it for years. Only reason he got caught was because of the paper trail. It's a timing thing. When to take them. Some of these designer drugs are where you can take them right before the game and be clean in your system at the end of the game. 60 minutes did a thing on it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:41 pm 

You believe whatever you need to believe to maintain your reality. I'm not here to educate you. Everyone on this board knows I'd prefer to mortify you. I'm up for it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
You believe whatever you need to believe to maintain your reality. I'm not here to educate you. Everyone on this board knows I'd prefer to mortify you. I'm up for it.

That was a weird and scary response.

GO CUBBBIES

Happy?

IMU: Yes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
If you dont think Arreita is juicing you are a complete moron. I'm sorry but if you get hoodwinked by shit like the SI article and his public persona you really need to reevaluate your susceptibility to manipulation of the media.

Thing is Arrieta can be on PEDs and as long as he doesn't get caught you dont have to care. But to deny he uses them is silly and childish. The type of infantile behavior that leads grown ass fucking men to plug their heads in the sand because their favorite athlete (shouldnt really have one as an adult but w/e) cant just be successful, he needs to be unimpeachable morally.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

America wrote:
If you dont think Arreita is juicing you are a complete moron. I'm sorry but if you get hoodwinked by shit like the SI article and his public persona you really need to reevaluate your susceptibility to manipulation of the media.

Thing is Arrieta can be on PEDs and as long as he doesn't get caught you dont have to care. But to deny he uses them is silly and childish. The type of infantile behavior that leads grown ass fucking men to plug their heads in the sand because their favorite athlete (shouldnt really have one as an adult but w/e) cant just be successful, he needs to be unimpeachable morally.

Thank you. Somebody with a brain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:49 pm 

America wrote:

What's more infantile is making claims like that with no evidence.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:59 pm 

Darkside wrote:
America wrote:

What's more infantile is making claims like that with no evidence.

Oh ok let me, random ass fucking person on the internet, go dig up the smoking gun here.

All I see is a baseball player going from a 5+ ERA gas can to sub-2 ERA (albeit in AAAA) ace right at age 30. Maybe if Arrieta got anyone out in Baltimore I could buy that he "became a better pitcher", but this story is straight out of the steroid era. This shit does not happen, even in the 2nd deadball era and even when he goes from the slaughterhouse AL East to some cowshit NL division where half the teams trot out AAA rosters.

The fact the he flaunts his workout routine only raises more suspicions. "Oh hey Jake Arrieta here let me show you my YOGA ROUTINE that took me from league washout to Cy Young winner in less than a year. See! All yoga here, no steroids! Did someone say steroids? I dont do steroids no-sir-ee-bob"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:00 pm 

Just cause you're a crook doesn't mean everyone is

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:02 pm 

Darkside wrote:

:lol:

Arrieta probably hooked up with Sale's dealer

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:03 pm 

Darkside wrote:

Ad hominem garbage from a high functioning man child who gets offended when someone insults the honor of his favorite professional athlete. Go curl up in your Cubs blanket and gaze upwards at the Jake Arrieta poster adorning your ceiling while sucking your thumb you fucking loser.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Wow.

That escalated quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:07 pm 

America wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Ad hominem garbage from a high functioning man child who gets offended when someone insults the honor of his favorite professional athlete. Go curl up in your Cubs blanket and gaze upwards at the Jake Arrieta poster adorning your ceiling while sucking your thumb you fucking loser.

Did you just call out an ad hominem attack and engage in one yourself a sentence later?

Thats.... odd..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:09 pm 

Darkside wrote:
America wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Did you just call out an ad hominem attack and engage in one yourself a sentence later?

Thats.... odd..

What you did: called me a crook, not relevant to conversation at all.
What I did: built on my argument that Cubs fans are infants who still treat Cubs players as role models into adulthood by applying it directly to you, an infant who stills treats Cubs players as role models.

NOT AD HOMINEM- You should read a book, or fix the plumbing in your brain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:10 pm 

I'm not just calling you a crook. You are a crook. You brag about being a crook. It's not really an attack if you post it on your resume .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:13 pm 

Of course hes on PEDs you see the beard?

He shaves every morning :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:14 pm 

Look, America... I know you're super bummed that the Cubs are looking like a big winners this season and you're really upset about Sale being proven as less of a pitcher than Arrieta. It's OK. I understand why you're so upset.
Besides, your chi is all fucked up from stealing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:16 pm 

Darkside wrote:
I'm not just calling you a crook. You are a crook. You brag about being a crook. It's not really an attack if you post it on your resume .

A statement being an attack doesn't have too much bearing on whether is falls under the ad hominem fallacy. What I said about you cowering in bed was definitely an attack, but it wasn't ad hominem. The two are not mutually inclusive.

My crookedness isn't relevant to this conversation. You brought it up because saying mean things about Jake Arrieta hurts your feelings (Andrew Shaw has a word for people like you...) and you lashed out emotionally.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

What happened here? I'm confused.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:19 pm 

America wrote:
Darkside wrote:

A statement being an attack doesn't have too much bearing on whether is falls under the ad hominem fallacy. What I said about you cowering in bed was definitely an attack, but it wasn't ad hominem. The two are not mutually inclusive.

My crookedness isn't relevant to this conversation. You brought it up because saying mean things about Jake Arrieta hurts your feelings (Andrew Shaw has a word for people like you...) and you lashed out emotionally.

:lol:
Look, I dealt with a shitty Cubs team and a great Sox team in 05 with class.
Just relax. It's going to be a long summer if you keep twisting yourself up in knots over the Cubs being better than the sox. Hey, there's always next year (although the Cubs will probably be better then too).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next