It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Abreu, Iguchi, Fukudome (for 1 season at least), Darvish, Cespedes, etc all had not played in the states either and they worked out pretty well.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The only player the Sox have who I would definitively put ahead of Luis Robert is Lucas Giolito.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 pm 

We have no idea if he has feel to hit. We know Jimenez does.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
America wrote:
The only player the Sox have who I would definitively put ahead of Luis Robert is Lucas Giolito.

On a list of probably busts?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Keyser Soze wrote:
We have no idea if he has feel to hit. We know Jimenez does.

Yesterday you said you need to judge headers based on playing higher and better competition. Eloy Jimenez has 90 games above single-a. You think that's enough to make the determination if he has the feel to hit?

You talk out of both sides of your ass so often it's not even funny. You change your ways all the time to fit your narrative. It's a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am 

The reality that the Sox farm really isn't that special is proving a little rough on Sox fans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America wrote:
The reality that the Sox farm really isn't that special is proving a little rough on Sox fans.

Care to elaborate?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:34 pm 

America wrote:

You think that reality has hit home?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
America wrote:
They currently rank #2 in all of MLB according to Bleacher Reports

Farm System Snapshot

Yoan Moncada, Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez all exhausted their prospect status last season, yet the Chicago White Sox remain firmly entrenched at the No. 2 spot in these rankings.

Eloy Jimenez and Michael Kopech both have superstar talent and could debut on the South Side at some point in 2018.

Cuban phenom Luis Robert didn't take long to show why he was worth a $26 million bonus last May, hitting .310/.491/.536 with 12 extra-base hits in 114 plate appearances in the Dominican Summer League. His stateside debut will be among the most anticipated in years.

Alec Hansen, Dylan Cease and Dane Dunning all look like potential impact starters, while Carson Fulmer has electric stuff that still might play better out of the bullpen in the long run.

Spencer Adams, Jordan Stephens and Zack Burdi are also intriguing arms a bit further down the rankings, while Micker Adolfo, Luis Alexander Basabe and Gavin Sheets are among the hitters to watch.

Expect to see a steady stream of prospect talent arriving in the scene for the White Sox in the years to come. They've assembled a collection of young talent that could allow them to emerge as a perennial contender once they're ready to make that push.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Waves of talent.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:23 am 

Only five players make the BA top 100. Robert isn't even top 50.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Six if you count the guy traded for James Shields

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:31 am 

This is the big reality check. They didn't get enough in the sell off and the Shields trade has completely blown up in their faces.

The rebuild is starting to fail.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I thought Hahn got decent value in the sell off. Their biggest problem remains converting first round pick into major leaguers. Say what you will of the Epstein drafts with pitchers, he produced big league talent in the first round.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
America wrote:
This is the big reality check. They didn't get enough in the sell off and the Shields trade has completely blown up in their faces.

The rebuild is starting to fail.

Considering the front office has failed at everything for close to a decade now, this should surprise nobody.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:55 am 

What they should do, I do not mind them waiting another week or two to do it, is start looking to buy a little. Not a lot, not go hog wild, but these FA's are going to start coming really cheap. Lucroy, Moustakas, Hosmer...these guys can play and if this FA freeze holds the Sox can get them for good deals. Same applies to the trade market, look at the types of players that have been dealt this offseason and the packages it was taken to acquire them.

Its time to be aggressive a little bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 am 

America wrote:
What they should do, I do not mind them waiting another week or two to do it, is start looking to buy a little. Not a lot, not go hog wild, but these FA's are going to start coming really cheap. Lucroy, Moustakas, Hosmer...these guys can play and if this FA freeze holds the Sox can get them for good deals. Same applies to the trade market, look at the types of players that have been dealt this offseason and the packages it was taken to acquire them.

Its time to be aggressive a little bit.

I like that idea as well in regards to FA. Buy like Winthorp and Billy Ray if the prices are dirt cheap.

However, your view of the rebuild isn't clear. They have at least one other guy who would be near the top of the 100 starting his official rookie year this year. They have another highly touted pitcher starting his rookie year as well. The possibilities have to become realities at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:48 am 

The margin for error is almost zero and Robert almost HAS to be something reminiscent of his massive potential.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am 

The Rodon injury scares the hell out of me. If he can’t be the top of the rotation starter they thought he would be that really really hurts them going forward. If they can get a FA starter on a good deal they should do it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 am 

Most of the young guys havent gotten much time at all in the bigs and you are already saying the rebuild is a fail?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 am 

RFDC wrote:
Most of the young guys havent gotten much time at all in the bigs and you are already saying the rebuild is a fail?

That's the safer call right now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:00 pm 

I'm not saying he's 100% done, but the Sox need to move on as if he is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:01 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Giolito certainly looks great, but the rest of it is only getting more uncertain. Robert, Moncada and Kopech have bust potential through the roof.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I get saying there is no way of knowing right now but you gotta at least give these guys some time before saying it is a fail

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:04 pm 

America wrote:
Giolito certainly looks great, but the rest of it is only getting more uncertain. Robert, Moncada and Kopech have bust potential through the roof.

Don’t forget Giolito already has a TJ under his belt. That’s makes him much more likely to sustain another arm injury.,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
America wrote:

Don’t forget Giolito already has a TJ under his belt. That’s makes him much more likely to sustain another arm injury.,

I trust the Sox are good enough at what they do to avoid that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:31 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I get saying there is no way of knowing right now but you gotta at least give these guys some time before saying it is a fail

Kenny and Hahn's track record indicates it will be a failure. Obviously it's too early to say that it will fail for sure, but it's hard to fault a Sox fan for being fatalistic considering who's in charge of the rebuild.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Keyser Soze wrote:
The Rodon injury scares the hell out of me. If he can’t be the top of the rotation starter they thought he would be that really really hurts them going forward. If they can get a FA starter on a good deal they should do it.
But make sure the FA has a better work ethic, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
There seems to be a bit of a bias by some here that foreign players are going to suck.

Yet those same people would dismiss the fact that Theo's rebuild was almost all American players as making a difference.

I don't know who is right, but I find that fascinating.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:33 pm 

KLaw released his 51-100 list today and it doesn’t sound like there were any Sox on it. 1-50 will be released tomorrow. I will be surprised if he has Robert in the top 50.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 35  Next