It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I remember a pitch Heuer threw that was borderline on the corner and it was called a ball. If Grandal was able to frame that pitch just an inch inside the zone that would have been a strikeout.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
A Super Bullpen would have gotten the next out. I'm just saying. Sox pen may end up being very, very good. But they aren't going to be invincible. Also, Grandal still sucks.

Hopefully the bats wake up and get the the win tonight. Taking 2 of the next 3 would be really nice after last night's mess in the 8th.

Listen, giving credence to "sox bullpen will not give up a lead all year" is your first mistake. It degraded into an admittance that this isn't a super bullpen. Had a 3 hop DP ball. I think that's super combined with a suddenly squeezed plate to pitch OVER. I saw nothing that this isn't a super bullpen last night and I saw nothing in the box score either. But I'll be honest, "this didn't age well" comment set me off. Whoever said that is a cocksucker, no disrespect.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:34 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
A Super Bullpen would have gotten the next out. I'm just saying. Sox pen may end up being very, very good. But they aren't going to be invincible. Also, Grandal still sucks.

Hopefully the bats wake up and get the the win tonight. Taking 2 of the next 3 would be really nice after last night's mess in the 8th.

Listen, giving credence to "sox bullpen will not give up a lead all year" is your first mistake. It degraded into an admittance that this isn't a super bullpen. Had a 3 hop DP ball. I think that's super combined with a suddenly squeezed plate to pitch OVER. I saw nothing that this isn't a super bullpen last night and I saw nothing in the box score either. But I'll be honest, "this didn't age well" comment set me off. Whoever said that is a cocksucker, no disrespect.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:59 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Heuer should have given up at least a run in the sixth, if not for a spectacular play by Moncada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:54 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Heuer should have given up at least a run in the sixth, if not for a spectacular play by Moncada

Not spectacular. Hit hard? sure. Heuer threw three strikes on two batters that were called balls. That's why he was in the mess. The fact of the matter is the bullpen gave up 0 runs in 7-1/3 innings until last night's 9th, in a blowout.

SuperSox SuperPen

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods

Looking more and more likely that he can return some time in the 2nd half of July

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Robert also moving about without crutches.

I want to believe, but I'm not going to be that foolish......................................................yet.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I want to believe, but I'm not going to be that foolish......................................................yet.

Vaughn can probably adjust to RF just fine. As bad as Eloy is in left, I don't think we want to lose Yermin's bat to get Eloy in the line-up.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

No.

Eloy is DH from here on out. He's like a locomotive out there. He's already missed significant time like three times because of outfield walls.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:03 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

Eloy is DH from here on out. He's like a locomotive out there. He's already missed significant time like three times because of outfield walls.

I don't like the idea of not having both Yermin and Eloy in a healthy line-up. Both have to play unless Yermin falls off a cliff.

I would imagine Eloy finally learned his lesson

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:04 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

So what do you do with Yermin?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

Yermin can start working on his game behind the plate again. He can't be much worse than Grandal.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:05 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yermin can start working on his game behind the plate again. He can't be much worse than Grandal.

Believe me, you don't want Yermin catching this staff.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

Grandal only catches about half the pitches thrown anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

I don't like the idea of not having both Yermin and Eloy in a healthy line-up. Both have to play unless Yermin falls off a cliff.

I would imagine Eloy finally learned his lesson

I would have Eloy making a "rehab" stint as long as you can. This offseason, I would be looking to deal Mercedes and sticking Eloy at DH full time.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:34 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Vaughn can probably adjust to RF just fine. As bad as Eloy is in left, I don't think we want to lose Yermin's bat to get Eloy in the line-up.

^^^this

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

Somebody has to be traded. They have Cespedes and Colas coming too. And I don't think any team can really afford to keep two guys that can't play a position.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:45 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

Somebody has to be traded. They have Cespedes and Colas coming too. And I don't think any team can really afford to keep two guys that can't play a position.

If they trade someone it has to be Yermin. I don't think you can give up Eloy, that would be a huge gamble.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

That somebody is Grandal.
I don't want Yermin behind the plate either, but his bat has to stay.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:51 pm 

Yermin is the guy you trade. I don't have enough confidence that he can develop into being a catcher. Throughout his minor league career the story was always the same. He had the bat but his catching ability was awful.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Yermin is the guy you trade. I don't have enough confidence that he can develop into being a catcher. Throughout his minor league career the story was always the same. He had the bat but his catching ability was awful.

I'm with you Ogie.

I don't want him catching anybody.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Seacrest wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I'm with you Ogie.

I don't want him catching anybody.

He's great at catching Tony LaBiden's wrath...

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

They paid Grand to be that guy and he isn't even hitting.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

I don't see anyone taking on that contract BW.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:26 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

I don't see anyone taking on that contract BW.

Fangraphs is Grandal's biggest fan. Dodgers, Brewers, and now the White Sox, not so much

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:42 pm 

In other injury news, I think Engel is ready

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:03 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

There's no guarantee Cespedes and Colas become major league starters. They haven't played any games in the minors yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:08 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

With as bad as you think Grandal is behind the plate, Yermin still has yet to catch a game in the majors. That isn't some coincidence. He's so atrocious behind the plate that the Sox won't even give him a spot start there. He will never be more than a 3rd catcher, and probably never catches meanful innings in his career.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:00 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I know old, drunk, racist Tony is the bad guy but Yermin's dedication to his craft has been an impediment to him from his early minors days. Collins was considered not MLB quality defenisively not long ago and you can see his improvement

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:03 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Derplington wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
No.

There's no guarantee Cespedes and Colas become major league starters. They haven't played any games in the minors yet.

I don't know about Cespedes, but I'm pretty sure Colas could step right into a big league lineup today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next