It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire La Russa
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
So TLR's "gaffe" didn't even matter? Parkins and Speigel should be ashamed of their attack. They are flat out saying TLR has cost them five games this year. It's just so obvious they hate him for other reasons.

I thought managers didn't matter in baseball? That is what many people toss around here.

LaRussa is in the Hall of Fame.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So is Bobby Cox, you want him as a skipper?

You're completely illustrating how much a manager does not matter if you think the ones that are in the Hall of Fame suck.

The point is they guys were great, that time has passed and they are a hinderance to a current day team. Tony has probably cost the Sox 3 games so far and we aren't even in mid may. Managers do matter and Renteria is better than this version of Larussa. It should have been Hinch anyway.

Yeah AJ Hinch has probably never made a bad move as a manager .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:15 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
312player wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
So TLR's "gaffe" didn't even matter? Parkins and Speigel should be ashamed of their attack. They are flat out saying TLR has cost them five games this year. It's just so obvious they hate him for other reasons.

I thought managers didn't matter in baseball? That is what many people toss around here.

LaRussa is in the Hall of Fame.

So is Bobby Cox, you want him as a skipper?

You're completely illustrating how much a manager does not matter if you think the ones that are in the Hall of Fame suck.

The point is they guys were great, that time has passed and they are a hinderance to a current day team. Tony has probably cost the Sox 3 games so far and we aren't even in mid may. Managers do matter and Renteria is better than this version of Larussa. It should have been Hinch anyway.

It's ridiculous. You have no realistic measurement of a manager. It's just your "feelings". Saying a manager "lost" a game is just claptrap. Maybe the team would have lost 5-2 instead of 5-4 if the manager hadn't decided to use Jake Lamb who hit a two run double when you thought a "good manager" would have had Mercedes in the lineup but you're focusing on a specific decision you think may have cost the team the tying run.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
M&H this morning said that if the issue had been with an unwritten rule, Tony would have been all over it. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Imagine still defending TLR after his myriad of braindead decisions.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah. Not scoring in 10 innings wasn't the issue. It was that LaRussa didn't know some ridiculous rule about who has to be the runner when extra innings starts because Manfred hates baseball.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Is the assumption that the Sox missed out on guaranteed runs because anybody other than Hendriks would’ve consummated a double steal?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
What's the word that TLR in being watched so closely?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=laV6HoqCD30

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
I'm more concerned that the bench coach didn't know either.
Exactly.

Its one thing for Tony not to know. He has managed over 5000 big league games and outside of maybe an intradquad spring exhibition game, this year is the first time he has had to start an inning with a runner on base during a meaningful game. Tony could have easily said to McEwing, or Boston, or the Bench/Hitting coach, "Look I've got enough to worry about. This runner on 2nd rule in extras, this is your baby. I want you to learn the rule inside and out. Who can run, who can't, if a pitcher made the last out, if there is an injury. Every dotted I and every crossed T, you need to have answers for when I ask you about it, got it?"

Clearly TLR himself didn't know, and nobody on the coaching staff did either. Its totally a bullshit rule, but its a rule and if its in the game for now then somebody in the dugout has to know the rule inside and out. No exceptions.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I'm more concerned that the bench coach didn't know either.
Exactly.

Its one thing for Tony not to know. He has managed over 5000 big league games and outside of maybe an intradquad spring exhibition game, this is the first time he has had to start an inning with a runner on base. Tony could have easily said to McEwing, or Boston, or the Bench/Hitting coach, "Look I've got enough to worry about. This runner on 2nd rule in extras, this is your baby. I want you to learn the rules inside and out. Who can run, who can't, if a pitcher made the last out, if there is an injury. Every dotted I and every crossed T, you need to have answers for when I ask you about it, got it?"

Clearly TLR himself didn't know, and nobody on the coaching staff did either. Its totally a bullshit rule, but its a rule and if its in the game for now then somebody in the dugout has to know the rule inside and out. No exceptions.

That's how I felt with they ripped him for not challenging a play within 20 seconds (the deadline had changed from 30 seconds to 20 seconds this year). That decision is more of an upstairs/booth thing, isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:56 am 
100000 CLUB

I get it, but Tony is the manager. It all falls on him. He came in with somewhat of a clean slate given his history and HOF status, but between getting a DUI or whatever and more than a couple of dumbfuck moves over the first 30 some games of the season, he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt. Nor should he.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I get it, but Tony is the manager. It all falls on him. He came in with somewhat of a clean slate given his history and HOF status, but between getting a DUI or whatever and more than a couple of dumbfuck moves over the first 30 some games of the season, he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt. Nor should he.

No he hasnt. That hiring has been ripped since day 1.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

I was speaking from my POV. Some other Sox fans felt the same. The media sucked Maddon's dick from day one, and turned a blind eye to his dumbfuck moves as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:20 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I was speaking from my POV. Some other Sox fans felt the same. The media sucked Maddon's dick from day one, and turned a blind eye to his dumbfuck moves as well.

How does any of that logically translate to Tony LaRussa was given a "clean slate" from your point of view? LaRussa has been shit on relentlessly from the day he was rumored to be a candidate. And it's because he didn't nail his kneels to the ground during the National Anthem the way that Bernstein and Passan wanted.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:26 am 
100000 CLUB

MY POV MEANS I DID MY BEST TO GIVE HIM A CLEAN SLATE, YOU FUCKING IDIOT DUMBFUCK. It logically translates to MY opinion on the move. Not yours, or Passan's, or 670 The Score's, or anybody else's.

God, how to manage to walk and breathe at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:34 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
MY POV MEANS I DID MY BEST TO GIVE HIM A CLEAN SLATE, YOU FUCKING IDIOT DUMBFUCK. God, how to manage to walk and breathe at the same time.

In your mind you gave him a clean slate. :lol: Yeah. That's a good way to cover for your incoherence. Here is the Score's coverage of La Russa.

Quote:
The follies are piling up for White Sox manager Tony La Russa just 29 games into the season.

After Chicago’s 1-0 loss in 10 innings at Cincinnati on Wednesday afternoon, La Russa admitted he didn’t know the entirety of the extra-innings rule that was implemented in 2020 in which a runner starts on second base to begin every half-inning starting in the 10th. La Russa’s ignorance led to closer Liam Hendriks (instead of first baseman Jose Abreu) risking injury by running the bases in the top of the 10th – and standing at third base as a non-threat to run home as the Reds recorded a key out – before Hendriks gave up the game-deciding hit in the bottom half.

Having a pitcher run the bases is a major injury risk apparently .

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/spor ... nning-rule

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
312player wrote:

hey, he's led the Tigers to the worst record in baseball, really doing a bang up job

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

Yeah, Hinch is trash.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: John's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Can you please run down for me what happened here? I totally missed it.

Leury Garcia is on the team, and the Sox lost because of that.

Longer version...Vaughn ended the top of the 9th. Kopech loaded the bases in the bottom half with 2 outs. TLR decided to double switch to get Hendriks in the game, and substituted Lamb for Vaughn, thus putting Hendriks into the Vaughn spot in the batting order. It was a nice move. Kopech couldn’t throw strikes and Hendriks got out of it.

Because Manfred is a fucking psychopath and instituted the dumbfuck extra innings rule that would be shameful were it practiced in little league...Sox put a runner on 2nd top of 10. Normal rule calls for last out to be that guy. Fine print says that’s not the case if the pitcher occupies the spot of that ‘last out,’ without - apparently - a carve out for double switches. The key is to remember we’ve stopped playing baseball when extras begin.

None of this ends up mattering. Hendriks does a perfectly fine base running job on a slow roller to short that results in 1st and 3rd, one out. That guy on first is Leury, who shits his pants mid steal attempt and gets thrown out like a patriot. Billy Hamilton at the plate does Billy Hamilton things. Head to bottom 10, Reds eke out a 1-0 game 2 hitters later.

Fin

Not necessarily true. If you have more of a threat on 3rd,(a position player) the threat of the double steal most likely doesn't elicit a throw to 2nd and Leury is safe.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Jose Abreu would have been the runner and there's probably less of a chance he's stealing home than Hendricks.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Yeah, having that speedster Jose Abreu at 3rd yesterday would have been a perfect time to call for a double steal.

Fucking imbecile.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:13 am 

Moron, it didn't have to be a double steal, if a position player is on 3rd, perhaps the catcher doesn't even throw to 2nd, knowing the running on third could come home.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:14 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Moron, it didn't have to be a double steal, if a position player is on 3rd, perhaps the catcher doesn't even throw to 2nd, knowing the running on third could come home.

Abreu probably would’ve run into an out on Garcia’s chopper to short.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Caller Bob wrote:

Sure, if the other team was really confused and thought Billy Hamilton was on 3rd and Jose Abreu was batting. Maybe TLR would make that mistake.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:16 am 

I'm pretty sure the lumbering Abrue is still faster than Hendriks

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yeah, having that speedster Jose Abreu at 3rd yesterday would have been a perfect time to call for a double steal.

Fucking imbecile.

Hendricks is a non-issue issue. I wonder if Tony knew about Barnhart's arm. Probably not.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Moron, when you have a slow runner like Abreu, Konerko, or a pitcher on 3rd, the catcher is likely going to throw through to 2nd 99 times out of 100. The 1 time it wouldn't happen is with Grandal because he wouldn't make a clean catch to even attempt a throw.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 am 

Point is, it’ll take anybody 2 or 3 what ifs to get to a point where the Sox score a run. And that’s if you assume Hendriks was fucking things up on the base paths - by virtue of being a pitcher, rather than anything he actually did wrong.

Once you’ve done that, you’ll then have to completely ignore what happened in the bottom half, when the Reds had two consecutive hits, 1 run in and no outs. Presumably Hendriks wouldn’t have been winded from running 90-180ft and would’ve struck out the side.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:26 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Moron, when you have a slow runner like Abreu, Konerko, or a pitcher on 3rd, the catcher is likely going to throw through to 2nd 99 times out of 100. The 1 time it wouldn't happen is with Grandal because he wouldn't make a clean catch to even attempt a throw.

Everything is different with a position player on 3rd. Hendriks has a total of 3, 3! plate of appearances his entire major league career spanning a decade. He walked once. So he has experience on the professional bases 1 time! 1 time in his professional career. You take a true position player at 3rd over a pitcher any day of the week. Learn the fucking game moron and stop defending your Mexican Joe Biden manager.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
People talk about managers when their team is shit. When your lineup features Leury, Hamilton, and Lamb, your team is shit.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
People talk about managers when their team is shit. When your lineup features Leury, Hamilton, and Lamb, your team is shit.

They also talk about managers when the manager is a drooling, addled, blubbering old fool who isn't exactly 100% sure where his is most of the time unless it's Thirstys Tavern. I heard he tried to order a Seven and Seven from Eaton last week during the 5th.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next