It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
LTG sucks worse than Hahn.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kenny should go too. He's just as culpable making this mess..

Something is amiss! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Given everything the Sox have done over the last ~8 months, Hahn deserves kudos. If the Sox continue to suck for the next 4-5 years, he will deserve and likely get a lot of negative press.

There is clearly a different philosophy in the way of doing things now with the Sox front office. Its basically the complete opposite of what Kenny Williams did for the better part of 11 years. Given that and what Kenny himself has publically said, it leads me to believe that Hahn was NOT 100% in charge of the roster regardless of what his title was.

With what you have said in this thread, its pretty clear that you either do not understand that, or you are willfully ignoring things which would make BRick's comments about creating your own agenda correct.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:21 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
LTG sucks worse than Hahn.

Seems that Keyser "knew" something which you didn't. Shocking!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
It's too bad but he really is because Hahn handled this bullshit "rebuild" so poorly.

This is a baseless opinion that you constantly present as fact. The only fact is that none of us will know how good or poorly this rebuild went until maybe 2020 or 2021.

If you know for sure that Hahn handled this rebuild so poorly, then please cite some evidence to back it up.

If this is your opinion, it comes off very Elmhurstian in that if the Sox don't win a World Series in the next few years you can come back and say "Oh see I told you so."

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Sucks worse than Hahn and Caller Bob.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:28 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Sucks worse than Hahn and Caller Bob.

Opinions vary
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
1.A
A strategic rebuild, only acquiring assets that were young and controllable.
Oh, ok. So its a good thing when Theo did this at the expense of the Major League roster, but its bad when Rick Hahn does the exact same fucking thing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:34 am 
100000 CLUB

Whats your point? People arent allowed to change their opinions of a coach/player/manager/executive based on performance? You can feel that way if you want. Its wrong and stupid, but if thats your thing cool.

You know nothing about nothing and know even less about the Sox but here you are spamming this section like a jackass too.

5 days ago I posted Hahn should be fired. So there.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:35 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
It's sort of tough to garner "insight" from any thread in which Ballpark Frank is a "leading voice".

Yep!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:43 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Whats your point?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Comprehension.

Yeeeeees!

The Missing Link wrote:
Last Year they just simply needed to get rid of LaRussa (according to MANY) and all would be right with the world. Now its back to Kenny Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf again. This is Rick Hahn's team. He blew it up so that he could "go young" and Build organically. After trying to piecemeal it together the first 4 years. Now that his young guys are either bad, injured or both all of the time, its back to being on "Kenny and Jerry". Bounce Hahn first then figure out the rest later.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:50 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You know nothing about nothing and know even less about the Sox but here you are spamming this section like a jackass too.

5 days ago I posted Hahn should be fired. So there.

Incessantly "yelling" in the White Sox section day after day and year after year doesn't mean rhat you know much of shit. You're the loudest voice in the room. Hardly makes you the smartest or most astute.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Your website is down

Need to buy some woofers or tweeters?

I'm not giving Musk any of my money

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Weakness #1 The draft
Weakness #2 Money gets spent, but it's 2nd place money
Weakness #3 A carelessness for the fan base.

Not naming names, but these are the facts of this franchise. They are indisputable and have been ongoing over decades. OF COURSE, fire Hahn, but how is that a solution? It's a tonsillectomy for a cancer.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nardi wrote:
Weakness #1 The draft

Not naming names, but these are the facts of this franchise. They are indisputable and have been ongoing over decades. OF COURSE, fire Hahn, but how is that a solution? It's a tonsillectomy for a cancer.

Like I was saying earlier, I don't think Hahn has been given the reins of this organization. Jerry and Kenny are still making key decisions. That being said, you can't fire Jerry, so you almost have to launch Hahn.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The saddest part, or infuriating, depending on your emotional state, is this division. A collection of tiny cities with not much tradition of winning. The Twins, I suppose, are well run. But it isn't like the Cardinals or the Rays.

I don't find any excuse compelling that the White Sox shouldn't be in the thick of it, year in, year out.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:23 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Whats your point?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Comprehension.

It's clear from earlier statements that you were quite willing to give Hahn all of the credit for the success yet now that it is obvious that HE has fucked up spectacularly failure has somehow become a "group effort".
FavreFan wrote:
This is the same shit the Bulls try to pull and it's a shame you are falling for it. Two chiefs in charge and they can just take turns blaming eachother as year after year the team sucks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Not really, but thats fine if you don't understand it. If you can't see that Kenny almost always traded away young guys for a veteran piece, and now Hahn is acquiring young talent then I can't help you.

FavreFan wrote:

Don't let me get in the way of your blind optimism. Cheerlead as much as you want. But you might want to drop the "you don't understand it" angle. I understand perfectly what they are doing. I'm just not applauding Hahn before he's done any real work. The rest of you are.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Given everything the Sox have done over the last ~8 months, Hahn deserves kudos. If the Sox continue to suck for the next 4-5 years, he will deserve and likely get a lot of negative press.

There is clearly a different philosophy in the way of doing things now with the Sox front office. Its basically the complete opposite of what Kenny Williams did for the better part of 11 years. Given that and what Kenny himself has publically said, it leads me to believe that Hahn was NOT 100% in charge of the roster regardless of what his title was.

With what you have said in this thread, its pretty clear that you either do not understand that, or you are willfully ignoring things which would make BRick's comments about creating your own agenda correct.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue May 02, 2023 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:28 am 

Nardi wrote:
Weakness #1 The draft

The Sox have not always sucked. They were competitive for a great number of years. Each and everyone of the "other" GMs (of my lifetime) have had winning records. Except Hawk. Himes built a championship caliber team by the time he left. Hahn sucks. Get rid of him and install a "better baseball guy" and the team will perform better. That is what 40 years of Reinsdorfian history has shown

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
The saddest part, or infuriating, depending on your emotional state, is this division. A collection of tiny cities with not much tradition of winning. The Twins, I suppose, are well run. But it isn't like the Cardinals or the Rays.

I don't find any excuse compelling that the White Sox shouldn't be in the thick of it, year in, year out.

Another sad and infuriating part is the Sox have been to the promised land. They know what its like to be on top. Evidently, they dont care enough or flat out dont want to get back.

Thats an organizational problem, not solely a GM problem.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:37 am 

Nardi wrote:

Me either. You have to shit the bed royally not to be in contention each and every year in that crappy division.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:41 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Another sad and infuriating part is the Sox have been to the promised land. They know what its like to be on top. Evidently, they dont care enough or flat out dont want to get back.

Thats an organizational problem, not solely a GM problem.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Comprehension.

Yet success was clearly not due to anything the "organization" was doing. It was all about Rick Hahn. That is until it wasn't of course
FavreFan wrote:
This is the same shit the Bulls try to pull and it's a shame you are falling for it. Two chiefs in charge and they can just take turns blaming eachother as year after year the team sucks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Not really, but thats fine if you don't understand it. If you can't see that Kenny almost always traded away young guys for a veteran piece, and now Hahn is acquiring young talent then I can't help you.

FavreFan wrote:

Don't let me get in the way of your blind optimism. Cheerlead as much as you want. But you might want to drop the "you don't understand it" angle. I understand perfectly what they are doing. I'm just not applauding Hahn before he's done any real work. The rest of you are.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:58 am 

Hemond 1165-1192, one divisional championship.
Harrelson 72-90
Himes 311-335
Schueler 817-729
Williams 929-854
Hahn... you don't want to know

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Link - do you think firing Hahn alone solves their issues?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 6:23 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Yes. I really don't believe that either Kenny or Reinsdorf are nearly as involved as people make it out to be. I think they both are convenient scapegoats for when "preferred" guys like Hahn can't get it done. That isn't going unnoticed.
I think Reinsdorf gives his G.M.a budget to work from and then gets the hell out the way. LaRussa was his hire and maybe a coach or 2 but in terms of players I don't think he tells his G.M. whom to acquire. All owners provide budgets for their G.M. That isn't out of the ordinary.
As far as Kenny goes I think he is mostly a figurehead at this point. Definitely don't think he is involved day to day. Get a solid baseball guy and they will be fine.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Will Kenny let them get a solid baseball guy? And will any solid baseball guy want to work for Kenny?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 6:41 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Will Kenny let them get a solid baseball guy? And will any solid baseball guy want to work for Kenny?

Yes. They will. The question is really whether Reinsdorf wants to go outside the organization in order to find the guy. I don't think that he does though he did eventually do it with the Bulls

As far as Kenny goes, I don’t think he is nearly as hands on as many think that he is. There also isn't a doubt in my mind as to whether this is Hahn's creation either.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 6:48 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

Yes. I really don't believe that either Kenny or Reinsdorf are nearly as involved as people make it out to be. I think they both are convenient scapegoats for when "preferred" guys like Hahn can't get it done. That isn't going unnoticed.
I think Reinsdorf gives his G.M.a budget to work from and then gets the hell out the way. LaRussa was his hire and maybe a coach or 2 but in terms of players I don't think he tells his G.M. whom to acquire. All owners provide budgets for their G.M. That isn't out of the ordinary.
As far as Kenny goes I think he is mostly a figurehead at this point. Definitely don't think he is involved day to day. Get a solid baseball guy and they will be fine.

But people want Hahn fired. They just want the other two gone as well.

Kenny has been happy to tell anybody who listens that he’s ultimately in charge of roster decisions. Hahn makes recommendations, Kenny makes decisions. I’ll take him at his word.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 7:16 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

Kenny has been happy to tell anybody who listens that he’s ultimately in charge of roster decisions. Hahn makes recommendations, Kenny makes decisions. I’ll take him at his word.

Be careful. Not liking Kenny is apparently racist.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 7:30 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

You had a scout that worked for the Sox who posted here that clearly "knew" otherwise. He had no problem with proclaiming them to be Hahn picks. And Hahn himself clearly stated this past weekend that this is on him but when he says this it just can't possibly be "true" however.

And you yourself have been quoted here as saying that those were Hahn draft picks. Until they flopped and then they somehow became Kenny picks.
Hahn’s record looks nuts relative to the Williams regime. Crochet, Vaughn, Madrigal, Anderson, Rodon…

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 7:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:

Yes.
Wrong.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 7:53 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

You had a scout that worked for the Sox who posted here that clearly "knew" otherwise. He had no problem with proclaiming them to be Hahn picks. And Hahn himself clearly stated this past weekend that this is on him but when he says this it just can't possibly be "true" however.

And you yourself have been quoted here as saying that those were Hahn draft picks. Until they flopped and then they somehow became Kenny picks.
Hahn’s record looks nuts relative to the Williams regime. Crochet, Vaughn, Madrigal, Anderson, Rodon…

But people want Hahn fired. You’re ignoring that for some reason. Kenny is the guy who said he has final say. You’re siding with an anonymous scout calling the guy a liar.

I’d also stand by the quote on draft picks during Hahn’s GM tenure v. Williams’ GM tenure.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Yes.
Wrong.

This guy gets it!
Keyser Soze wrote:
Hahn has absolutely no idea how to build a baseball team. I don't think I want him making any more short term fix trades. Just play the damn season out.

While This Guy Doesn't! :lol: :lol:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue May 02, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The Missing Link wrote:
I really don't believe that either Kenny or Reinsdorf are nearly as involved as people make it out to be.

I don't think anyone outside the front office knows who is exercising power and when. I've heard Kimbrel was a Kenny move. Who knows if that's true? Maybe it's like you say and it's just excuse making for Hahn. One thing for sure though, it seemed pretty obvious at that press conference that LaRussa wasn't Hahn's idea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next