It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire La Russa
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
And I highly doubt that the dugout actually called for Garcia to run. LaRussa willing to take the heat.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Yeah, I messed up that number...still Hinch was the best regarded manager on the market....who wouldn't want him.

The Cubs got the most highly regarded manager on the market when they hired Maddon and all we here about his tenure is that he was terrible and the Cubs won in spite of him .

I think Maddon was magnificent right up to the world series and arguably right up to game 7 of the world series.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
badrogue17 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Derplington wrote:
2-Apr Failing to make review time window, Leury starts opening day, no pinch hitter for him late.

4-Apr Bullpen usage - Bummer never used in close game

5-Apr Bullpen usage - Foster blows game, Hendricks warms but never comes in. Several times could have PH for Leury or Hamilton, not done

7-Apr Bullpen usage - Foster comes in with Bummer and Hendricks needing work, gives up 7 runs.

11-Apr Couple of poorly thought out bunts, pinch running for Mercedes early left no backup Ofs

13-Apr Williams hits 5th, Lamb hits 7th, Mercedes benched against Bieber. Hendricks not used in the 10th.

27-Apr keeps Lucas Giolito in when it was obvious to everybody that he was toast. "We were looking for a single there." Insists postgame that he was awake.

5-May Messes up double-switch, calls for Leury to steal 2nd with the freaking AL pitcher on 3rd base, negating the possibility of a double steal. Leury is out. Hamilton bats with man on 3rd instead of pinch hitting (LOL), rulebook read to him by reporter.

I get that some of you love TLR, especially since he stands for everything Bernstein doesn't. You don't need to let that.blind you. Anybody that knows a lick about baseball can see that TLR has been terrible. A manager shouldnt potentially cost the team this many games this early in the season.

And of course if the White Sox had <insert manager here> , all those moves wouldve been corrected , he wouldnt have made any " mistakes" and the Sox would be sailing right along.

I’m not sure why you view that as a defense. This isn’t just a couple of bad plays. That’s a lot this far into the season.

How do you know whoever else they wouldve hired wouldnt have made different decisions that cost them games ?

So your defense is: “sure he’s been bad but somebody else might have been bad too”?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Derplington wrote:
2-Apr Failing to make review time window, Leury starts opening day, no pinch hitter for him late.

5-Apr Bullpen usage - Foster blows game, Hendricks warms but never comes in. Several times could have PH for Leury or Hamilton, not done

7-Apr Bullpen usage - Foster comes in with Bummer and Hendricks needing work, gives up 7 runs.

11-Apr Couple of poorly thought out bunts, pinch running for Mercedes early left no backup Ofs

13-Apr Williams hits 5th, Lamb hits 7th, Mercedes benched against Bieber. Hendricks not used in the 10th.

27-Apr keeps Lucas Giolito in when it was obvious to everybody that he was toast. "We were looking for a single there." Insists postgame that he was awake.

5-May Messes up double-switch, calls for Leury to steal 2nd with the freaking AL pitcher on 3rd base, negating the possibility of a double steal. Leury is out. Hamilton bats with man on 3rd instead of pinch hitting (LOL), rulebook read to him by reporter.

I get that some of you love TLR, especially since he stands for everything Bernstein doesn't. You don't need to let that.blind you. Anybody that knows a lick about baseball can see that TLR has been terrible. A manager shouldnt potentially cost the team this many games this early in the season.

And of course if the White Sox had <insert manager here> , all those moves wouldve been corrected , he wouldnt have made any " mistakes" and the Sox would be sailing right along.

I’m not sure why you view that as a defense. This isn’t just a couple of bad plays. That’s a lot this far into the season.

How do you know whoever else they wouldve hired wouldnt have made different decisions that cost them games ?

It's a bad list of mistakes mostly chalked up to guys in the bullpen didn't do the job. Bummer is used in close games all the time. And sometimes you have to use guys like Foster because Hendricks can't throw every game.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And I highly doubt that the dugout actually called for Garcia to run. LaRussa willing to take the heat.
100% agree. That was all Leury being a shithead as he has been for most of the this season so far.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Those dates are all over the place/wrong to the point it’s hard to see which games he’s talking about without going box by box.

TLR has fucked up bullpen decisions (some of which look a lot worse given how the pen performed early April); some asshole created this thread largely for that reason.

Shit like yesterday wasn’t some colossal mistake and I’ve not seen a compelling argument that it impacted the outcome of the game.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Last edited by This Ends in Antioch on Thu May 06, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah but remember that time he ran his wannabe ace pitcher out there for another inning against the 27 Yankees ( oh my mistake , I mean the " maybe the worst lineup in league history on a pace for 61 win Detroit Tigers ) after he had thrown 54 pitches the previous start ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
100% agree. That was all Leury being a shithead as he has been for most of the this season so far.

So we should just assume La Russa was taking the heat post-game? He said he called for Leury to run, and he would do it again.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:20 pm 

Derplington wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

So we should just assume La Russa was taking the heat post-game? He said he called for Leury to run, and he would do it again.

Maybe ( unlike Giolito) LaRussa doesnt throw his players under the bus. Guess managing for 30 years taught him something at least.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Derplington wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

With regard to yesterday, yes I think Leury decided to run on his own.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:27 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Those dates are all over the place/wrong to the point it’s hard to see which games he’s talking about without going box by box.

TLR has fucked up bullpen decisions (some of which look a lot worse given how the pen performed early April); some asshole created this thread largely for that reason.

Shit like yesterday wasn’t some colossal mistake and I’ve not seen a compelling argument that it impacted the outcome of the game.

Credit to your the dates were wrong. Fixed below.

1-Apr Failing to make review time window, Leury starts opening day, no pinch hitter for him late.

7-Apr Bullpen usage - Foster comes in with Bummer and Hendricks needing work, gives up 5 runs.

11-Apr Couple of poorly thought out bunts, pinch running for Mercedes early left no backup Ofs. Williams hits 5th, Lamb hits 7th, Mercedes benched against Bieber. Hendricks not used in the 10th.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:29 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Derplington wrote:

It's a bad list of mistakes mostly chalked up to guys in the bullpen didn't do the job. Bummer is used in close games all the time. And sometimes you have to use guys like Foster because Hendricks can't throw every game.

Managing on the Internet is easy. You can get away with using 9 position players, 4 starters, and 2 relievers. That doesn't really work in real life.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:35 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Managing on the Internet is easy. You can get away with using 9 position players, 4 starters, and 2 relievers. That doesn't really work in real life.

You also don't know if guys are banged up and asking for time off. They didn't score a run yesterday. Not sure how the 10th inning rule changes that.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
they're in first place - good job Larussa

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Derplington wrote:

Managers in general are a pain in the ass. LaRussa is no exception. Why has the double switch not even questioned? Hendricks would have come up 4th without it. So Hendricks is on the basepaths and Lamb never made it to home plate. And according to my stats, Hendricks is a middle of the pack reliever. You don't move heaven and earth just to keep this guy on the mound.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Watch TLR bring Albert Pujols aboard to muddy things up.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:55 pm 

Nobody knew about the new rule. Leave Tony alone!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:01 am 

How other managers say the guy on 2nd rule was thoroughly explained in the spring is alarming how the Sox were so in the dark about it.

R. Sutcliffe was on the score Saturday morning. He's a good listen because he drops his guard a lot. He said he wasn't impressed with Jim Leyland's intelligence, but wouldn't go further. That's TLR drinking buddy and right hand man from their old Sox days. Thinly veiled indictment of TLR by Sutcliffe? He implied (no names) a lot of the old school managers were lazy, bottle in their desk drawer, playing gin rummy with their bench coach instead of putting in the work.

He's a bit of goof, then saying Don Zimmer won 25 games a year with his managing. Zimmer was a likable imbecile manager panicking in the playoffs.

Sutcliffe pounds his Cubby blue loyalty. But, the guys a good listen.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Sutcliffe in the booth with JD showed everyone how incredibly bad Dempster is at it. Boog, JD, and Sutcliffe had a surprisingly efficient three man booth, Sutcliffe didn't clamor for equal time but when he had an insight it was a good one. The only disconcerting thing is that Sut sounds stoned half the time, sort of like Tommy Chong.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:13 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Sutcliffe in the booth with JD showed everyone how incredibly bad Dempster is at it. Boog, JD, and Sutcliffe had a surprisingly efficient three man booth, Sutcliffe didn't clamor for equal time but when he had an insight it was a good one. The only disconcerting thing is that Sut sounds stoned half the time, sort of like Tommy Chong.

Did he mention George Clooney and that thing he’s doing over there?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:59 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
How other managers say the guy on 2nd rule was thoroughly explained in the spring is alarming how the Sox were so in the dark about it.

R. Sutcliffe was on the score Saturday morning. He's a good listen because he drops his guard a lot. He said he wasn't impressed with Jim Leyland's intelligence, but wouldn't go further. That's TLR drinking buddy and right hand man from their old Sox days. Thinly veiled indictment of TLR by Sutcliffe? He implied (no names) a lot of the old school managers were lazy, bottle in their desk drawer, playing gin rummy with their bench coach instead of putting in the work.

He's a bit of goof, then saying Don Zimmer won 25 games a year with his managing. Zimmer was a likable imbecile manager panicking in the playoffs.

So that drunk wasn't impressed by either Leyland or Larussa, two HOF managers who he observed when they were at the top of their games. Have another, Rick.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:15 am 

good dolphin wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

So that drunk wasn't impressed by either Leyland or Larussa, two HOF managers who he observed when they were at the top of their games. Have another, Rick.

Guys like Sutcliffe are a dieing breed, dropping his guard, and being honest. Funny though, an onair drunk ripping 2 other drunks.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Dying breed is right. Sutt tries to sound polished - and is - but can’t help himself. It’s almost perfect. He had his Bill Murray/SD incident, and bow it’s assumed he’d never do that again. Maybe not, but he’s a guy who’ll let it fly because he knows it’s more interesting, and real. Long story short - I got hooked up by a friend at a five star north Scottsdale resort in 2007 or so - thanks as down there every spring at the time, and able to write the whole thing off - and had the comped dinner at the swanky resternt. Next to me…Sutt and Lou. Getting hammered. I was in my mid 20s. Place was sparsely populated. NCAA was on all TVs. I went up to them half in the bag, was deferential without being a nerdy weirdo, and after an appropriate getting-to-know-you period, ended up drinking with them for two hours. It was incredible.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
*was* down there. Not thanks. I’m drunk. Sutcliffe. Just saying his name makes me drunk.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:02 am 

He is the worst guy to manage a team leading the AL while losing his entire starting OF

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:31 pm 

Terry Bevingnton could manage this team to a 1st place record. Menechino was already regarded as one of the best in the bigs. Katz is showing he is the real deal.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
vitoscotti wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Guys like Sutcliffe are a dieing breed, dropping his guard, and being honest. Funny though, an onair drunk ripping 2 other drunks.

Dropping your guard and saying stupid things isn't being honest.

Honestly, it's just being fucking stupid.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:03 pm 

Quote:
1. Chicago White Sox
Record: 21-13
Previous ranking: 7

It does not feel like the White Sox have reached their full stride, yet they are starting to climb to the top of quite a few rankings lists, both of the subjective and objective variety. And why not? The ChiSox lead the majors in runs per game and rank second in runs allowed per game. The lofty offensive ranking is eye-catching since a team we figured would hit lots of long balls thus far ranks just 25th in isolated power. Yes, Chicago still has to navigate the long-term absences of Luis Robert and Eloy Jimenez. Nevertheless, there is plenty of reason to believe it's only going to get better from here. -- Doolittle

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/314 ... -no-1-spot

If Tony LaRussa were a young minority manager he would be praised endlessly for managing to overcome injuries to guide the team to what's at this time is considered the best in baseball.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Quote:
1. Chicago White Sox
Record: 21-13
Previous ranking: 7

It does not feel like the White Sox have reached their full stride, yet they are starting to climb to the top of quite a few rankings lists, both of the subjective and objective variety. And why not? The ChiSox lead the majors in runs per game and rank second in runs allowed per game. The lofty offensive ranking is eye-catching since a team we figured would hit lots of long balls thus far ranks just 25th in isolated power. Yes, Chicago still has to navigate the long-term absences of Luis Robert and Eloy Jimenez. Nevertheless, there is plenty of reason to believe it's only going to get better from here. -- Doolittle

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/314 ... -no-1-spot

If Tony LaRussa were a young minority manager he would be praised endlessly for managing to overcome injuries to guide the team to what's at this time is considered the best in baseball.

Ageism is arguably the worst form of discrimination.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next