It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Looks like your comprehension still needs work.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cue Simple Frank to tell us that doesn't happen.

Why Certainly!
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Looks like your comprehension still needs work.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob cant count past 10 with his shoes still on.
And yet YOU"RE the one KNOWN to MANY as "Simple Frank"

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I'm kind of surprised they're going to let this guy deal with trade deadline decisions. He's gotta be canned before next season. Why let him try to build or tear down?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Darkside wrote:
I'm kind of surprised they're going to let this guy deal with trade deadline decisions. He's gotta be canned before next season. Why let him try to build or tear down?

I completely agree with you.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:30 am 
100000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
I'm kind of surprised they're going to let this guy deal with trade deadline decisions.
Really? Its the JERRY/White Sox way. The surprising thing would be if the Sox actually fired Hahn and Kenny mid season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:40 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Darkside wrote:
I'm kind of surprised they're going to let this guy deal with trade deadline decisions.
Really? Its the JERRY/White Sox way. The surprising thing would be if the Sox actually fired Hahn and Kenny mid season.

Yeah... I guess you're not wring when looking at it in that lens. I mean any other team wouldn't let this guy make deadline decisions right? Or will they just plain keep them here going into next year?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Any legitimate MLB organeyezation would have made serious moves in the middle of last season. The White Sox, as currently run and constructed, are not a serious baseball organization.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I completely agree with you.

It's definitely an odd choice - let the guy who you may fire be responsible for acquiring talent for the future. I don't think they would a replacement though so it would be Kenny Williams or some interim guy from the organization making the decision so I don't think there's a better solution. I guess Hahn has made some trades for other teams young talent, they just don't draft as well as they should.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:46 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Any legitimate MLB organeyezation would have made serious moves in the middle of last season. The White Sox, as currently run and constructed, are not a serious baseball organization.

Hahn already has a credibility issue. I would understand if he doesn't trade 15 guys by the deadline, but he cannot bring back this team next season and make moves around the edges. The core is rotten here. Big changes are needed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:47 am 
100000 CLUB

BD wrote:
The core is rotten here. Big changes are needed.
I agree. The big changes that are needed is to completely revamp the front office. Kenny, Hahn, and Chris Getz all need to go immediately. Anything short of that is just another retool or a band aid on a broken leg.

My only hope is that Jerry dies or sells soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
BD wrote:
The core is rotten here. Big changes are needed.
I agree. The big changes that are needed is to completely revamp the front office. Kenny, Hahn, and Chris Getz all need to go immediately. Anything short of that is just another retool or a band aid on a broken leg.

My only hope is that Jerry dies or sells soon.

That should the first big off-season change. I don't know how they can seriously bring back the front office after what has happened with the team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Fuck the off season, that should be the change right now. This team lost for 4 straight seasons to acquire prospects who have been hurt or have otherwise been underwhelming for the most part. They let a bad manager piss away any chance they had for success in the goofy 2020 season, and basically stood pat and refused to add anything worthwhile since they traded Dunning for Lynn.

Despite what Nas will say, Jerry has been horrible as a baseball owner. Kenny sucks. Hahn sucks. When you look at the records and talent in Charlotte or Birmingham, I'm not sure what Chris Getz actually does.

Anyone defending the White Sox here in any way, shape, or form, is a Cubs fans or has some serious brain disability.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:12 am 
100000 CLUB

Uncle Jerry isn't going anywhere until God calls him, and neither is his son. Hahn is the guy who butchered this and he should be beaten along with the media members and fans who repeatedly gave him cover.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:15 am 
100000 CLUB

So you want Hahn to be your fall guy and you will refuse to lay any blame at the feet of the owner and the executive VP.

I thought you were smarter than this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:28 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
So you want Hahn to be your fall guy and you will refuse to lay any blame at the feet of the owner and the executive VP.

We can blame Jerry all we want. He isn't/cant' be the "fall guy", he will continue to be the owner. Unfortunately, sports are full of shitty owners.

I'm all for Kenny going too. History with Jerry says he won't be fired though. I really think we all need a new team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
casual fan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

We can blame Jerry all we want. He isn't/cant' be the "fall guy", he will continue to be the owner. Unfortunately, sports are full of shitty owners.

I'm all for Kenny going too. History with Jerry says he won't be fired though. I really think we all need a new team.

There is no scenario where Kenny and Hahn should be saved. Even if they were canned or "retired"...I can only imagine who Jerry would hire in their place....be careful what you wish for. Sadly, though...you are correct. You cannot fire an owner. We are stuck with this clown show.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I thought Kenny was gonna go away when his contract ended. When does that happen?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:40 am 

The whole situation sucks. I completely get and agree with the idea that Hahn and Kenny need to be gone today. But if you clean house now then who is going to be oversee the trade deadline stuff. You don't want Hahn doing it. But you won't be able to hire new guy yet. Is there someone in the organization that can be trusted to oversee the trades?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Bring Paul Konerko as GM and Manager.

Kenny has a lifetime contract under Jerry.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
RFDC wrote:
The whole situation sucks. I completely get and agree with the idea that Hahn and Kenny need to be gone today. But if you clean house now then who is going to be oversee the trade deadline stuff. You don't want Hahn doing it. But you won't be able to hire new guy yet. Is there someone in the organization that can be trusted to oversee the trades?

Ernie Accorsi might be available to consult :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
RFDC wrote:

Do you really wanna take a 25yr old minor leaguer for Giolito? Hahn is not capable of making trades.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I know you can't fire the owner, and he's not selling the team or firing his son. Hahn has been incompetent and a fucking weasel.

Besides, I will always have a soft spot for Kenny, and Uncle Jerry is probably the reason I'm still a sports fan. If I had to wait until 2016 to see my first championship, I would have found another way to waste my time and money.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I know you can't fire the owner, and he's not selling the team or firing his son. Hahn has been incompetent and a fucking weasel.

Besides, I will always have a soft spot for Kenny, and Uncle Jerry is probably the reason I'm still a sports fan. If I had to wait until 2016 to see my first championship, I would have found another way to waste my time and money.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Best Sox manager in 15 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:53 am 

You guys know that I'm a cubs fan of course but all my friends are sox fans and I do enjoy going to the games. Yall know I root for the home team when I go too... so I don't want you to think I'm just bashing the sox with my thoughts on this today. I do want the sox to be good. It makes the summer so much more interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Hahn has been incompetent and a fucking weasel.
Jerry has given you one baseball season out of of 40+ with a playoff series win. I believe that is the worst in baseball over that stretch.

Kenny has given you one playoff game win over the last 16 years.

How can you say these guys are competent?

Also, this is about the White Sox. The Bulls are completely irrelevant to baseball. Please leave that aspect out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:02 am 

Cashman wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Do you really wanna take a 25yr old minor leaguer for Giolito? Hahn is not capable of making trades.

Clearly that is not what you want. But if you dont trade him then you are losing him and getting nothing in return. That does not seem wise either.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Fuck the off season, that should be the change right now. This team lost for 4 straight seasons to acquire prospects who have been hurt or have otherwise been underwhelming for the most part. They let a bad manager piss away any chance they had for success in the goofy 2020 season, and basically stood pat and refused to add anything worthwhile since they traded Dunning for Lynn.

Despite what Nas will say, Jerry has been horrible as a baseball owner. Kenny sucks. Hahn sucks. When you look at the records and talent in Charlotte or Birmingham, I'm not sure what Chris Getz actually does.

Anyone defending the White Sox here in any way, shape, or form, is a Cubs fans or has some serious brain disability.

I wouldn't be upset if there were firings now, but, realistically, any new hires wouldn't happen until the off-season.

The farm system has not developed their own draft picks to any extent.. Look at the current roster. Their best talent is primarily international and trades of other teams prospects. Along with not spending enough on free agency, they have drafted poorly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:10 am 
1000 CLUB

Cashman wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Hahn has actually traded for some young talent, but I don't think they would be in the market for a 25 year old from another team. My guess is that they would want 2 top 20 prospects (of that team's system, not overall MLB) from another team with them being closer to MLB so they can plug one into the rotation and maybe another into the bullpen or as a positional hole

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next