It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trading Sale
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I fully expect Kenny to trade for the wrong Roughned Odor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I fully expect Kenny to trade for the wrong Roughned Odor.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Hahn just squashed the Cubs shit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
America wrote:
Hahn just squashed the Cubs shit.

How?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Wasn't there a sale or quintana rumor to the rangers where they'd get nomar mazara back? You could do a lot worse than nomar mazara... The kid can play!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

It's funny how a guy who is a high school teacher can lack reading comprehension. But maybe he doesn't. Perhaps he's just so biased and trying so hard to be dan bernstein that he infers what he wants:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/11/30/ ... fortunate/

Jed Hoyer wrote:
I think that there’s going to be a lot more focus or scrutiny on a deal that’s made between (the Cubs and White Sox). At some level, I think that both teams are aware of that. I think when we were sellers (in years past), we had some awareness of that, and I’m sure on the other side of town, there’s some awareness of that as well. I wouldn’t say never. There might be a deal that makes sense someday, but (the White Sox) are certainly not a team we look at as a likely trade partner.

Somehow Baffoe's take away from that is that it's, "Hoyer being diplomatic as he can without literally saying the White Sox won’t make deals with us."

I don't know how anyone could read more into that than Hoyer meaning exactly what he said, that both teams are hesitant to deal with each other for fear of looking bad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's funny how a guy who is a high school teacher can lack reading comprehension. But maybe he doesn't. Perhaps he's just so biased and trying so hard to be dan bernstein that he infers what he wants:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/11/30/ ... fortunate/

Jed Hoyer wrote:
I think that there’s going to be a lot more focus or scrutiny on a deal that’s made between (the Cubs and White Sox). At some level, I think that both teams are aware of that. I think when we were sellers (in years past), we had some awareness of that, and I’m sure on the other side of town, there’s some awareness of that as well. I wouldn’t say never. There might be a deal that makes sense someday, but (the White Sox) are certainly not a team we look at as a likely trade partner.

Somehow Baffoe's take away from that is that it's, "Hoyer being diplomatic as he can without literally saying the White Sox won’t make deals with us."

I don't know how anyone could read more into that than Hoyer meaning exactly what he said, that both teams are hesitant to deal with each other for fear of looking bad.

It is almost like the Clinton/Trump bias with this crap. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:24 pm 

It appears the compensation system has been changed so teams will no longer give up a pick for free agents. This opens the Sox up to spend a little if they dont want to go into complete tank mode.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Rick Hahn wrote:
"To clarify any confusion regarding our stance on possible trading partners, we want to once again make it clear that our primary goal is to make our club better. We will consider any trade, with any team, that improves the Chicago White Sox.

"As I have said many times over the years, we are always open to discussing trades with all 29 other clubs. We even have completed trades within our division, despite facing these teams 19 times a year, and while trades between the Cubs and White Sox will always draw heightened scrutiny and attention, it makes no sense for us to ever eliminate any potential trading partners."

So...yeah. That should take care of this nonsense.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:26 am 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Rick Hahn wrote:
"To clarify any confusion regarding our stance on possible trading partners, we want to once again make it clear that our primary goal is to make our club better. We will consider any trade, with any team, that improves the Chicago White Sox.

"As I have said many times over the years, we are always open to discussing trades with all 29 other clubs. We even have completed trades within our division, despite facing these teams 19 times a year, and while trades between the Cubs and White Sox will always draw heightened scrutiny and attention, it makes no sense for us to ever eliminate any potential trading partners."

Not until Ten Foot Midget reads between the lines and explains to us what he really meant.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Rick Hahn wrote:

Not until Ten Foot Midget reads between the lines and explains to us what he really meant.

That "column" was nothing more than rehashing a Bernstein bash session on from another day. He loves to irrationally bash the White Sox including on their supposed stance of not trading with the Cubs. Both of those two are supposed to be journalists in this town. Yet, rather than verify they rambled on about how petty the White Sox are.

Yeah, it's your ten-year radio partner who you blamed for all of your failings that's the petty one, Dan.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Yeah, it's your ten-year radio partner who you blamed for all of your failings that's the petty one, Dan.

Did danny actually do that? If so, I'm not shocked. I suspect he intimated it rather than said it outright. He'll probably wait until Terry is all the way gone to do that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Did danny actually do that? If so, I'm not shocked. I suspect he intimated it rather than said it outright. He'll probably wait until Terry is all the way gone to do that.

I think the 10 year radio partners are the score and the sox in this case not B&B.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:26 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think the 10 year radio partners are the score and the sox in this case not B&B.

Okay, I understand what he meant now. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Okay, I understand what he meant now. Thanks.

Yeah, I meant the White Sox. Who they constantly blamed for any ratings slip or inability to establish corporate partnerships.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Not sure how loaded the Braves system is but they just traded for Jaime Garcia.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:07 pm 

There are a few really exciting guys in the Braves system like Kevin Maitan and Ronald Acuna, but they really dont appear to have what it takes to get Sale. They wont trade Swanson and Albies isn't the kind of headlining piece you want back in a Sale trade.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America wrote:
There are a few really exciting guys in the Braves system like Kevin Maitan and Ronald Acuna, but they really dont appear to have what it takes to get Sale. They wont trade Swanson and Albies isn't the kind of headlining piece you want back in a Sale trade.

Add the Rangers to this as well. Nothing in their farm excites me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
He is going to go to the Pirates. Kenny has a raging stiff pole for 'cutch, they have the prospects and they want a starter.

Cutch, Josh Bell and Taillon from the Pirates for Sale and a throw in position player like Avi. Hahn gets 2 excellent mlb level prospects and kenny can stroke it to cutch and jerry can sell tickets. Do it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:53 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
He is going to go to the Pirates. Kenny has a raging stiff pole for 'cutch, they have the prospects and they want a starter.

Cutch, Josh Bell and Taillon from the Pirates for Sale and a throw in position player like Avi. Hahn gets 2 excellent mlb level prospects and kenny can stroke it to cutch and jerry can sell tickets. Do it.

He's 30! No thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:58 pm 

Yea I wouldn't rule out a guy in his mid/late 20's like Springer, but McCutchen just doesn't fit. Not even in the White Sox alternate reality.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:00 pm 

America wrote:
Yea I wouldn't rule out a guy in his mid/late 20's like Springer, but McCutchen just doesn't fit. Not even in the White Sox alternate reality.

I don't want a short term guy, and McCutch fits that. I want MLB grade, multiple prospects. Atleast 2 MLB ready, and another 1-2 guys 6months to a year away from the show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:10 pm 

Look I just dont want a return that will make me hate being a White Sox fan more than I already do. I'll know it when I see it whether its good or not. I dont care if its all prospects or all MLB players...it just has to be enough.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:13 pm 

America wrote:
Look I just dont want a return that will make me hate being a White Sox fan more than I already do. I'll know it when I see it whether its good or not. I dont care if its all prospects or all MLB players...it just has to be enough.

Out of 10, I am at a 9 with the amount of hate I have atm. They trade Sale for a bunch of bums or win now guys, I can honestly say I will be done, until JR is dead and Kenny is fired.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:15 pm 

Cashman wrote:
America wrote:

Out of 10, I am at a 9 with the amount of hate I have atm. They trade Sale for a bunch of bums or win now guys, I can honestly say I will be done, until JR is dead and Kenny is fired.

Well what is a win now guy? If they get back George Springer, Alex Bregman and AJ Reed (and that's it) would you be upset? Because those are all win now-ish kind of players. I know I'd be very happy with that deal. Same applies to a lot of what could be had in return from the Red Sox.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:25 pm 

America wrote:
Cashman wrote:
America wrote:

Well what is a win now guy? If they get back George Springer, Alex Bregman and AJ Reed (and that's it) would you be upset? Because those are all win now-ish kind of players. I know I'd be very happy with that deal. Same applies to a lot of what could be had in return from the Red Sox.

Win now, would be a player older than 25ish that would be the center piece. So, McCutch and some prospects.

I need a pitching prospect out of that deal. Is a 27yr old RFer going to turn into a power hitter? I don't want another guy hitting .220 striking out 200 times, and not putting up RBIs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
There is a pitching prospect. I had Taillon in there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:41 pm 

Cashman wrote:
Win now, would be a player older than 25ish that would be the center piece. So, McCutch and some prospects.

I need a pitching prospect out of that deal. Is a 27yr old RFer going to turn into a power hitter? I don't want another guy hitting .220 striking out 200 times, and not putting up RBIs.

Well it would completely remake the lineup. If your goal is upheaval that package from Houston (that I doubt we get) is it.

I don't have many "we must get this" stipulations but the one thing I really want coming out from this offseason is a catcher. A prospect is fine, a guy like Swihart getting another shot behind the plate is fine, Gary Sanchez would be outstanding (and apparently impossible...too bad), hell even a free agent. I just cannot take any more of the garbage we've had to watch behind the plate since Pierzynski left.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:47 pm 

America wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Well it would completely remake the lineup. If your goal is upheaval that package from Houston (that I doubt we get) is it.

I don't have many "we must get this" stipulations but the one thing I really want coming out from this offseason is a catcher. A prospect is fine, a guy like Swihart getting another shot behind the plate is fine, Gary Sanchez would be outstanding (and apparently impossible...too bad), hell even a free agent. I just cannot take any more of the garbage we've had to watch behind the plate since Pierzynski left.

IF that is the case(catcher), are you looking for something rare?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:31 pm 

What is the likelihood that the Sox actually pull the trigger on trading Sale? 50/50?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next