It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:12 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
The whole situation sucks. I completely get and agree with the idea that Hahn and Kenny need to be gone today. But if you clean house now then who is going to be oversee the trade deadline stuff. You don't want Hahn doing it. But you won't be able to hire new guy yet. Is there someone in the organization that can be trusted to oversee the trades?

That's why Hahn/Williams will be the ones making the trades. I don't think this is unique to the White Sox, it's just not standard to find the next GM in the middle of the season. I don't think I'd let Hahn trade Cease if he's being fired in 3 months, but if he's trading guys who are about to become free agents, they won't be able to get much help for most of what they trade, but will save some $$$ for the remaining part of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hahn has been incompetent and a fucking weasel.
Jerry has given you one baseball season out of of 40+ with a playoff series win. I believe that is the worst in baseball over that stretch.

Kenny has given you one playoff game win over the last 16 years.

How can you say these guys are competent?

Also, this is about the White Sox. The Bulls are completely irrelevant to baseball. Please leave that aspect out of it.

I became a Sox fan in 1989 or 1990. The Sox were always in the mix during my childhood and up until like 2012. The past 10 years have been mostly brutal. That's on Hahn. Kenny delivered 2005 and I felt like he was trying to win every season. I have no idea what Hahn is doing.

The Dodgers have 1 championship in my life, and 0 since I've been a Sox fan.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:24 am 

Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jerry has given you one baseball season out of of 40+ with a playoff series win. I believe that is the worst in baseball over that stretch.

Also, this is about the White Sox. The Bulls are completely irrelevant to baseball. Please leave that aspect out of it.

I became a Sox fan in 1989 or 1990. The Sox were always in the mix during my childhood and up until like 2012. The past 10 years have been mostly brutal. That's on Hahn. Kenny delivered 2005 and I felt like he was trying to win every season. I have no idea what Hahn is doing.

I realize you are trying to be cute in not counting the Dodgers 2020 championship. The irony in that is that 2020 was one of the few times in the last 15 years that the Sox were enjoyable to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

casual fan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

I realize you are trying to be cute in not counting the Dodgers 2020 championship. The irony in that is that 2020 was one of the few times in the last 15 years that the Sox were enjoyable to watch.

They were enjoyable because we thought they were about to start competing. If the Dodgers can count 2020, the White Sox and Expos can share 1994.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
BD wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The whole situation sucks. I completely get and agree with the idea that Hahn and Kenny need to be gone today. But if you clean house now then who is going to be oversee the trade deadline stuff. You don't want Hahn doing it. But you won't be able to hire new guy yet. Is there someone in the organization that can be trusted to oversee the trades?

That's why Hahn/Williams will be the ones making the trades. I don't think this is unique to the White Sox, it's just not standard to find the next GM in the middle of the season. I don't think I'd let Hahn trade Cease if he's being fired in 3 months, but if he's trading guys who are about to become free agents, they won't be able to get much help for most of what they trade, but will save some $$$ for the remaining part of the season.

I tend to agree. Realistically, no one is going to come in on 7/7 and clean house by the end of the month. Therefore, I'm okay with the pending regime trading soon-to-be free agents.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
I became a Sox fan in 1989 or 1990. The Sox were always in the mix during my childhood and up until like 2012.
They had one season in which they have won a playoff series from '89 to 2012.

Nas wrote:
Kenny delivered 2005 and I felt like he was trying to win every season.
Agree, but it still stands that since the '05 title Kenny had one playoff game victory on his resume.

Nas wrote:
I have no idea what Hahn is doing.
He's listening to and obeying Kenny at least some of the time, that much is clear.

Nas wrote:
This is incorrect. The Dodgers have also won two pennants over the last 6 seasons. Three total World Series appearances with at least one ring should have been the bar set for success for this White Sox rebuild. Over the last ten years, the Dodgers have won more postseason series than the White Sox have in their entire existence. If you want to include Wild Card series/games in that, you only have to go back 4 years to find more success for the Dodgers than the White Sox.

I'm sorry you're willing to accept mediocrity ( "in the mix" ) and let executives coast on events from 20 and 30 years ago, most of which were in an entirely different sport.

Its funny how you're ready to cast aside Fields after a mere 25 starts, but you refuse to hold Jerry and Kenny accountable for decades of failures with the Chicago White Sox.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
RFDC wrote:
Cashman wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Do you really wanna take a 25yr old minor leaguer for Giolito? Hahn is not capable of making trades.

Clearly that is not what you want. But if you dont trade him then you are losing him and getting nothing in return. That does not seem wise either.

MLB Trade Rumors has him as the top trade candidate (https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/07/ ... ition.html) and I think a good market will develop for him.

Even if it doesn't, I think the QO/compensatory pick option is underrated. I'd rather have a pick around the 2nd or 3rd round than acquire a guy who projects to be Leury Garcia or Reynaldo Lopez.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Cashman wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Do you really wanna take a 25yr old minor leaguer for Giolito? Hahn is not capable of making trades.

Clearly that is not what you want. But if you dont trade him then you are losing him and getting nothing in return. That does not seem wise either.

MLB Trade Rumors has him as the top trade candidate (https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/07/ ... ition.html) and I think a good market will develop for him.

Even if it doesn't, I think the QO/compensatory pick option is underrated. I'd rather have a pick around the 2nd or 3rd round than acquire a guy who projects to be Leury Garcia or Reynaldo Lopez.

Yep, they may get a few pieces for Giolito, not just not expecting a top 100 prospect. A few pieces though is probably top 10 in their system (vs. top 20 in other systems).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
I became a Sox fan in 1989 or 1990. The Sox were always in the mix during my childhood and up until like 2012.

Nas wrote:
Agree, but it still stands that since the '05 title Kenny had one playoff game victory on his resume.

Nas wrote:
He's listening to and obeying Kenny at least some of the time, that much is clear.

Nas wrote:
This is incorrect. The Dodgers have also won two pennants over the last 6 seasons. Three total World Series appearances with at least one ring should have been the bar set for success for this White Sox rebuild. Over the last ten years, the Dodgers have won more postseason series than the White Sox have in their entire existence. If you want to include Wild Card series/games in that, you only have to go back 4 years to find more success for the Dodgers than the White Sox.

I'm sorry you're willing to accept mediocrity ( "in the mix" ) and let executives coast on events from 20 and 30 years ago, most of which were in an entirely different sport.

Its funny how you're ready to cast aside Fields after a mere 25 starts, but you refuse to hold Jerry and Kenny accountable for decades of failures with the Chicago White Sox.

We all have areas of weakness. I also love Mama Bear too, but wouldn't defend the Ricketts, Theo or piss on Maddon if he were on fire. Uncle Jerry, Mama Bear, and Kenny are above reproach in my sports world. I'll take the beating that comes with that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Fair enough. I'm not saying you have to run these guys over with your car, but I would hope you can say something like, "Well, Kenny sure hasn't been too good with the Sox over the last 10+ years."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: Fair enough. I'm not saying you have to run these guys over with your car, but I would hope you can say something like, "Well, Kenny sure hasn't been too good with the Sox over the last 10+ years."

I don't want Kenny to die in a fire, but it's clear he and Rick are not good at the job of Generally Managing an MLB Team and need to be out of work.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bring Paul Konerko as GM and Manager.

Kenny has a lifetime contract under Jerry.

Bring in Jim Thome. He's a better person than a General Manager.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
David Stearns is available at the end of the year when his contract with Milwaukee finally expires. Bring him in as team president, kick Kenny into a Bob Pulford do nothing position, and leave him alone to do whatever he thinks is right.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
It's time to start at the top with firing Williams and Hahn. Hire Ozzie as interim manager and offer Billy Bean the job as Pres/Gm. I don't know where he stands in the Oakland/Vegas decision but if he isn't rehired there he should at least listen to an offer.They need to get a new group identified quick to take over this team. Maybe have the "family" have Reinny institutionalized. Hell if they can't do Biden, maybe they can start with Reinny? I don't shit can the pitching staff entirely. They need better coaches including throughout their minor league system. Bean, I'm sure, could put together a well qualified scouting and minor league system.

They should have seen this train wreck coming last year and fired LaRussa and his two bosses before last season began. The housecleaning needed to begin and they waited too long on bums like Moncada, Grandal, and virtually all of the bench personnel and half of their pen staff. They also should have jettisoned at lot of the dead weight in the top regions of their minor leagues.

This year is lost. Ride it out and make the best trades you can get. But they do need a complete management housecleaning starting yesterday at the latest :cry: :cry:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Last edited by The Hawk on Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hahn doing work !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nas wrote:

Nas wrote:

Nas wrote:

I think that the Dodgers have really underachieved over the last bunch of years. Despite having one of he highest payrolls in baseball, they've failed to win in the play-offs. A lot of it has to do with the decisions that they make with the staffing of their bullpen and the lack of depth of their starting pitching. They've also lost a lot of good players and some of their can't miss prospects have actually failed also. I also give Dave Roberts low marks as a manager particulary with how he sets up his bull-pen.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Can somebody tell me if any of the following position players deserve more than 150 PA/year on a major league team:

Clint Frazier, Lenny Sosa, Victor Reyes, Oscar Colas, Nate Mondau, Adam Haseley, Bryan Ramos, Chris Shaw, Xavier Fernandez.

Those are all the minor leaguers with a .750 OPS or better at either Charlotte or Birmingham. They also have Steven Piscotty and Billy Hamilton if you have a time machine to take them back to 2013.

Charlotte is 37-48
Birmingham is 28-51

There is no help coming. Whoever headlines their return for Giolito probably becomes their #2 prospect behind Montgomery, who is back at Winston-Salem.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:17 pm 

Name something, anything, about TOTAL baseball operations, that the White Sox don't suck at? 1) they didn't enforce their fan hating tailgating rules. 2) That's it, I got nothing else.

They can move away if they want, it's fine, baseball isn't baseball anymore anyway. It's swingers, throwers, and glove wearers, lots of chickenshit managers in the dugout covering their asses. Bat flipping, stage plays after HRs, sign language on the bases after bloop hits, and 15-20 seconds between throws from the thrower won't save it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jerry Reinsdorf will not fire Rick or Kenny. He will not go outside the organization to hire new people.

For one reason. He's to fucking old to get to know new people. He doesn't want to have to know new people. Rick and Ken are like his kids. He gets to bitch at them and they take it cuz they make millions a year.

A month or so ago Rick said something funny: He said "I'm not a king. This isn't a lifetime job."

I was thinking to myself, you and Kenny have been with the SOX for 25 years or so. You're both near retirement age. You both have more than enough to retire right now. You actually did get the lifetime job with the SOX.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Name something, anything, about TOTAL baseball operations, that the White Sox don't suck at? 1) they didn't enforce their fan hating tailgating rules. 2) That's it, I got nothing else.

Playing surface seems to shed water adequately.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The promotions and giveaways are still pretty good. The $5 Tuesdays and Bleachers and Brews are good deals. They also do the Kid's Club and Fundamentals well. I'm quite surprised they haven't started charging for this yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:39 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The promotions and giveaways are still pretty good. The $5 Tuesdays and Bleachers and Brews are good deals. They also do the Kid's Club and Fundamentals well. I'm quite surprised they haven't started charging for this yet.

Are you happy with your Benetti bucket hat? That was quite a battle royale. And can we interview more NIL players? Those are great.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:48 am 

Nardi wrote:
... baseball isn't baseball anymore anyway. It's swingers, throwers, and glove wearers, lots of chickenshit managers in the dugout covering their asses. Bat flipping, stage plays after HRs, sign language on the bases after bloop hits, and 15-20 seconds between throws from the thrower won't save it.

I wish I could argue with this. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The fireworks on Fridays are great. The food is edible. Outside of the product on the field, the fan experience is solid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WestmontMike wrote:
Nardi wrote:
... baseball isn't baseball anymore anyway. It's swingers, throwers, and glove wearers, lots of chickenshit managers in the dugout covering their asses. Bat flipping, stage plays after HRs, sign language on the bases after bloop hits, and 15-20 seconds between throws from the thrower won't save it.

I wish I could argue with this. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree.

all that really matters is that the .220 38% strikeout rate hitter’s ability to show up the other team when he hits a home run once every seven games isn’t infringed upon.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Are you happy with your Benetti bucket hat?
My kid was, which is all that matters. The '83 Sox flag he got last year and the Southside flag he got this year are hanging up in his room.

Nas wrote:
The fireworks on Fridays are great. The food is edible. Outside of the product on the field, the fan experience is solid.
The Thunderbolts fireworks show on weekends are almost as good as the Sox shows at this point. Entering the park when there is any sort of crowd is still awful. It takes way too long to get thru security, scan tickets, then scan the tickets again at the 100 level.

Once you're in, agree that the fan experience is generally good and the food while expensive, is way better than most ballpark/large festival fare you generally get. The sightlines from most seats in the lower bowl are among the best you can find, and there are decent places in the upper tank to view a game as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Have they fired Hahn yet?
Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:25 pm 

Nothing matters. Just move the team to some high growth city with no fresh water.

Put Sox fans out of our misery.

Prescient

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:59 pm 

Nothing matters. Just move the team to some high growth city with no fresh water.

Prescient

Dark days ahead with a NPC GM. I hopefully can cut my heartstrings. The White Sox were really the only thread holding me on to Modern Day baseball(We literally have rules where a catcher's foot can be at home plate). Check that term Modern Day and make it Baseball For Dummies.

I have to take Jerry at his word that he has 10 years left and no hobbies. It's a sad reality.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:06 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Prescient

Dark days ahead with a NPC GM. I hopefully can cut my heartstrings. The White Sox were really the only thread holding me on to Modern Day baseball(We literally have rules where a catcher's foot can be at home plate). Check that term Modern Day and make it Baseball For Dummies.

I have to take Jerry at his word that he has 10 years left and no hobbies. It's a sad reality.

Baseball isn’t football.

Most people who love baseball love a team, specifically. I include myself in that. Very few are bouncing around watching any good matchup irrespective of the logos involved. That’s a football (maybe sometimes basketball) thing.

When the owner is so incompetent he destroys a fan’s interest in his (or her!) favorite team, he destroys that person’s interest in the sport. That’s Jerry…a baseball killing sociopath.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next