It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Nardi wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Frank already summed it up...it's just another shot amongst an entirely bad situation. Just when you can't hate this organization enough, something like this happens.

Benetti was fine....agreed with the others, he's much better in College Football and other National Broadcasts. He wasn't terrible with the White Sox, but he and Stone as a pairing was awful. They had zero chemistry. Then again, Hawk and Stoney weren't a good pairing either. Stone is way past his usefulness...but I take nothing away that once upon he time he was the best color analyst in the game.

I can live with Benetti leaving, even though the circumstances are inexcusable and 100% an indication of Jerry's toxic organization. The biggest problem I have is I'm sure whoever they hire to replace Benetti will be horrible. I'd bet any amount of money it will someone incredibly strange and unqualified like Gordon Beckham.

I fucking hate Jerry Reinsdorf.

Again, how is missing nearly a quarter of a season OK with ANYBODY, except for Jason? I understand there's the narrative of "incompetent White Sox" but this just does not belong in that narrative.

Some guys besides Jason who broadcast some network games on either TV or radio: Joe Davis (Dodgers), Ron Darling (Mets), Dave Fleming (Giants), Brian Anderson (Brewers), Jon Sciambi (Cubs), Len Kasper (White Sox, at least in 2022), Don Orsillo (Padres), Ryan Spilborghs (Rockies)

It's standard for a lot of guys. I wish it were less standard for Darling.

Bottom line is this: Benetti wasn't always very likable but was an asset to the Sox organization; in not keeping him, the Sox organization is even less likable. They seem to make every mistake possible. If there's a wrong decision to be made, they'll make it. And to you, God, I say, I beg for justice, which Thou, Lord, must give. Reinsdorf slew the Sox; Reinsdorf must not live. Call him home, Baby!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
It's the big picture. I sort of covered this here; https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.p ... 3#p3978553

The guy didn't want to work here unless he had 27 games off. Vin Scully, he ain't. Seriously Frank, how many times have you looked at your TV and told Benetti to shut the fuck up or rolled your eyes? Countless times, so don't crap me.

The prevailing opinion here appears to be that we're annoyed by him. If that's the case, why do we care how much time he takes off? If anything, he should take more time off.

I'm perfectly fine with the 162 he is now taking off. But that's not really the point of the conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:26 pm 

Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Bottom line is this: Benetti wasn't always very likable but was an asset to the Sox organization; in not keeping him, the Sox organization is even less likable.

Horsefeathers, it's just wonderfully convenient since we all hate the owner's guts. Any excuse will do. Admit it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Nardi wrote:
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Bottom line is this: Benetti wasn't always very likable but was an asset to the Sox organization; in not keeping him, the Sox organization is even less likable.

Horsefeathers, it's just wonderfully convenient since we all hate the owner's guts. Any excuse will do. Admit it.

Not sure what you mean.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I guess I’m one of the few that genuinely liked Benetti. It definitely fits in with the black cloud that follows this team. I thought they had bottomed out during the Adam Dunn years but this has a similar vibe.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: It’s Gone
HawaiiYou wrote:
I liked Binetti overall. I didnt listen to him every day but he had good baseball knowledge. I thought him and Stone made a really good team.

But not putting Len Kasper back into the TV booth as the lead guy is stupid. He and Stoney were terrific together when Len was filling in. That pair has the potential to be one of the top 5 in baseball duo's in the game today.

I just can't figure out what your mental illness is. There's the obvious low self esteem that drives you to invent other personalities, but what throws me is that even obsessives get tired of the same thing every few years (unless they are motivated by some trauma or physical injury to the brain).

I also wonder what your source of income is. You watch several sports and you post here under 3-7 names several times a day. Where do you get your cash?

You could also be trying to create art that comes from frustration with something. That can motivate people for a lifetime. Spite can inspire people to seek revenge for decades. There's a lot of intended humor in your posts, and sometimes it actually lands, and as we all know, humor often comes from a place of pain. Whatever, you've done a lot of work here, but the fuel that propels it is anger or spite.

Your posts (under all of your names) point to a deeply wounded person who is quite fine with not only inventing personalities for fun but constantly lying to others. You have many of the qualities of a psychopath, but not all of them. Since you might be a psychopath, I’ll post this as a mult.

Everyone groans when they see your name under “Last Post.” Its not helping at a time when we need more posters.

Many people here post as themselves; they share something about their real selves. And that is what bugs me. You are a dishonest sneak weasel, rendered angry and narcissistic by some cruelty. Please leave.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Deni$ just went nuclear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Partly Cloudy wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
I liked Binetti overall. I didnt listen to him every day but he had good baseball knowledge. I thought him and Stone made a really good team.

But not putting Len Kasper back into the TV booth as the lead guy is stupid. He and Stoney were terrific together when Len was filling in. That pair has the potential to be one of the top 5 in baseball duo's in the game today.

I just can't figure out what your mental illness is. There's the obvious low self esteem that drives you to invent other personalities, but what throws me is that even obsessives get tired of the same thing every few years (unless they are motivated by some trauma or physical injury to the brain).

I also wonder what your source of income is. You watch several sports and you post here under 3-7 names several times a day. Where do you get your cash?

You could also be trying to create art that comes from frustration with something. That can motivate people for a lifetime. Spite can inspire people to seek revenge for decades. There's a lot of intended humor in your posts, and sometimes it actually lands, and as we all know, humor often comes from a place of pain. Whatever, you've done a lot of work here, but the fuel that propels it is anger or spite.

Your posts (under all of your names) point to a deeply wounded person who is quite fine with not only inventing personalities for fun but constantly lying to others. You have many of the qualities of a psychopath, but not all of them. Since you might be a psychopath, I’ll post this as a mult.

Everyone groans when they see your name under “Last Post.” Its not helping at a time when we need more posters.

Many people here post as themselves; they share something about their real selves. And that is what bugs me. You are a dishonest sneak weasel, rendered angry and narcissistic by some cruelty. Please leave.

The only way to get rid of this creature is to just ignore it. It thrives off your attention: both good and bad. It probably loves that you took the time to make this elaborate post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:26 am 

why has sneak weasel become a thing around here lately?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Last edited by RFDC on Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
It's the big picture. I sort of covered this here; https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.p ... 3#p3978553

The guy didn't want to work here unless he had 27 games off. Vin Scully, he ain't. Seriously Frank, how many times have you looked at your TV and told Benetti to shut the fuck up or rolled your eyes? Countless times, so don't crap me.

The prevailing opinion here appears to be that we're annoyed by him. If that's the case, why do we care how much time he takes off? If anything, he should take more time off.

I'm perfectly fine with the 162 he is now taking off. But that's not really the point of the conversation.

He was a terrible announcer. I am glad he is gone. I will be happier when someone is no longer the owner of the team. This is gonna be a shit show for atleast 5yrs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:

For some reason Score guys driving this. They cared less a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Partly Cloudy wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

again not a mult. never a mult. yes i had mental issues in the past and was hospitalized for a certain time but that is like 15 years ago now. I'm past that. I only told a few people here about this so it narrows it down to who you are mult!

but you're the crazy person if you think i'm like all these other people on here. no way. maybe look in the mirror yourself you ignominious!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:21 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:

For some reason Score guys driving this. They cared less a few weeks ago.

I heard it used on a first season episode of Shoresy and couldn't stop laughing ..

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:12 pm 

St Louis columnist saying that the Cardinals are wanting to trade for Dylan Cease this offseason.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:22 am 

Doesn't it feel like JR is purposely denuding the team of liabilities for a sale?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I listened to a 45 minute podcast interview with Jason last night, taped the day after he got the Tigers job. The most interesting thing to me was that he never mentioned Steve Stone once, not even when he was talking about who his color guys will be in Detroit (former Tiger Craig Monroe most of the time, and occasionally Kirk Gibson).

Not. Once. Not even a "I'm going to miss Steve Stone, but I'm looking forward to building a similar relationship with Craig."

This link should work: https://chartable.com/podcasts/sports-media-with-richard-deitsch/episodes/155025529-jason-benetti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:29 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I guess I’m one of the few that genuinely liked Benetti. It definitely fits in with the black cloud that follows this team. I thought they had bottomed out during the Adam Dunn years but this has a similar vibe.

I liked him too. I think some of the over-the-top goofiness of last season (the emphasis on things like Sox Math, eating concession stand food, etc.) was him trying to keep an unlikeable, 100 loss team interesting. He's better with an enjoyable team, where the game itself can do more of the talking.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:30 pm 

I listened to a 45 minute podcast interview with Jason last night, taped the day after he got the Tigers job. The most interesting thing to me was that he never mentioned Steve Stone once, not even when he was talking about who his color guys will be in Detroit (former Tiger Craig Monroe most of the time, and occasionally Kirk Gibson).

Not. Once. Not even a "I'm going to miss Steve Stone, but I'm looking forward to building a similar relationship with Craig."

This link should work: https://chartable.com/podcasts/sports-media-with-richard-deitsch/episodes/155025529-jason-benetti

Even when they seemed to be having fun together, I always got a vibe like they just annoyed each other

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
casual fan wrote:

Even when they seemed to be having fun together, I always got a vibe like they just annoyed each other

I don't think Stone was having any "fun" with him. Jason is way too immature with his forced humor which then required Stone to have to respond..

I still like Stone's color commentary but he is better when he is paired with a good play by play guy and Beni is not that.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:24 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Doesn't it feel like JR is purposely denuding the team of liabilities for a sale?

No, a move. Feels more like a move.

Bye.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bye.

I don’t think he has the balls to move the team and leave his kids stuck in Chicago with the Bulls.

They’d have to deal with dozens of upset fans anytime they showed up to the UC.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:11 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Bye.

I don’t think he has the balls to move the team and leave his kids stuck in Chicago with the Bulls.

They’d have to deal with dozens of upset fans anytime they showed up to the UC.

The subdivision would be upset. Not me, but some. If the Cubs aren't moving out of town, I guess that would be good enough for me. The only thing I ask is to change the home uniforms. Gayest in MLB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
So long Muppet face!
"There's a line drive into left field... and center field!"

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Fun fact…I had season tix years once upon a time that put me on the team’s call list, and these fuckers are relentless.

They pursue me like I’m a post prime Robbie Alomar wandering past Kenny Williams.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Fun fact…I had season tix years once upon a time that put me on the team’s call list, and these fuckers are relentless.

They pursue me like I’m a post prime Robbie Alomar wandering past Kenny Williams.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
casual fan wrote:

This doesn't surprise me at all. It's no secret that Stone is not the most personable human being on the planet. From listening / watching, I never got the impression they liked each other or had any chemistry. I would suspect, Stone had very little regard for Benetti...then again, does Stone have any regard for anyone besides Steve Stone?

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I saw an article this morning suggesting Mike Monaco, who's been doing back-up on Red Sox games in addition to a lot of ESPN stuff. While I think that Monaco would probably be acceptable (as opposed to McDoink), I'm not sure he'd be willing to give up his non-White Sox work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:07 am 

BigW72 wrote:
casual fan wrote:

This doesn't surprise me at all. It's no secret that Stone is not the most personable human being on the planet. From listening / watching, I never got the impression they liked each other or had any chemistry. I would suspect, Stone had very little regard for Benetti...then again, does Stone have any regard for anyone besides Steve Stone?

When Steve would cornball humor right back at Jason, it did seem a bit of a mock.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I saw an article this morning suggesting Mike Monaco, who's been doing back-up on Red Sox games in addition to a lot of ESPN stuff. While I think that Monaco would probably be acceptable (as opposed to McDoink), I'm not sure he'd be willing to give up his non-White Sox work.

The Sox Machine podcast seemed to think that Monaco was the favorite. They also stated that the Sox's arrangement with Comcast Sports Chicago is up at the end of the 2024 season and the Sox expect a major upheaval in their media rights. Therefore, they weren't willing to make a long term financial commitment to a broadcaster.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next