It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
And for all the Manny hand wringing, at least the Sox showed they are willing to offer large dollar contracts.

:lol:

That is NOT encouraging denis. They showed they aren't willing to pay what the best players are going to command. It takes quite the creative mind to spin that into a positive.

Their largest contract previously is like $68M. They offered $250M. I’d say they showed a new willingness to invest in talent. And I bet they learn from it.

Farvio forgets how many other teams also did not sign Machado. Sox supposedly were in second place. oh no!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
And for all the Manny hand wringing, at least the Sox showed they are willing to offer large dollar contracts.

That is NOT encouraging denis. They showed they aren't willing to pay what the best players are going to command. It takes quite the creative mind to spin that into a positive.

Their largest contract previously is like $68M. They offered $250M. I’d say they showed a new willingness to invest in talent. And I bet they learn from it.

Farvio forgets how many other teams also did not sign Machado. Sox supposedly were in second place. oh no!

Mike I don’t even know if this post is serious or not. You honestly think coming in “2nd” in a free agent bidding war is something to be encouraged by or to brag about?

The water carrying is getting beyond parody.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:48 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
You’ll see Eloy win RotY this season and you can rub it in the Cubs fan faces for years to come.

He will probably be a September call up so they don't have to pay the extra year of Arbitration. Then again, if he is not a minor league free agent until after 2020 they could wait until next year.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I may even watch some Eloy at bats this season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Mike I don’t even know if this post is serious or not. You honestly think coming in “2nd” in a free agent bidding war is something to be encouraged by or to brag about?

No they don't get anything for second but unless you think they tried to miss out on him at that level I don't believe it. Put it this way, if they were not in the game for any player at all at a high level I would be more angry.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

mike is stating facts. There are 30 teams and only ONE Machado.

I dont hear anyone ripping Tampa Bay or Arizona!

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No they don't get anything for second but unless you think they tried to miss out on him at that level I don't believe it. Put it this way, if they were not in the game for any player at all at a high level I would be more angry.

Then you should be more angry, because based on the reported offers, they were never in the game for Manny.

To rock my soul

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Hey, this would be the first time in years that the Sox were in second place for anything.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Morale is at an all time low, they should have never signed Jay or Alonso and just offered Manny 12 years 325.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Hey, this would be the first time in years that the Sox were in second place for anything.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Sox had the most salary space and the stated goal of signing him and his price was exactly what was stated it would be. And they were short by $50MM. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:00 pm 

312player wrote:
Morale is at an all time low, they should have never signed Jay or Alonso and just offered Manny 12 years 325.

Would you rather have:

1) Bryce Harper and Manny Machado for $55M per year

2) Ivan Nova, James McCann, Kelvin Herrera, Alex Colome, Yonder Alonso, Jon Jay, and Ervin Santana for $44M per year.

Any time you can take Group 2 you gotta do it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:09 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:11 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Would you rather have:

2) Ivan Nova, James McCann, Kelvin Herrera, Alex Colome, Yonder Alonso, Jon Jay, and Ervin Santana for $44M per year.

The deal reeks of Reinsdorph, thinking he can low ball him while signing his buddy and brother in law for a season or two.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
312player wrote:
The deal reeks of Reinsdorph, thinking he can low ball him while signing his buddy and brother in law for a season or two.
Earth shattering take right here.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:14 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
312player wrote:

Well he might have half a point but not know it. This actually sounds like Kenny if that is the way you think it went. It was likely his idea to gather all Machado's friends and relatives then Jerry said no you can't have another $50M because you wasted it on his buds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:15 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
312player wrote:

Well he might have half a point but not know it. This actually sounds like Kenny if that is the way you think it went. It was likely his idea to gather all Machado's friends and relatives then Jerry said no you can't have another $50M because you wasted it on his buds.

And you don't think he's cheap, smh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:37 pm 

312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
312player wrote:

And you don't think he's cheap, smh

You have to understand I am opposed to giving 300M contracts so...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Would you rather have:

Jay has all that playoff experience.

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:18 pm 

The real kicker is if they happen to be decent, as a fan you'll find yourself saying "imaging if they had Manny!"

Post subject: Re: !
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:20 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
The real kicker is if they happen to be decent, as a fan you'll find yourself saying "imaging if they had Manny!"

Meanwhile your team is hoping to "bounce back" after a 95 win season :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It could get bad for the Cubs pretty fast if the injury bug hasn’t left.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It could get bad for the Cubs pretty fast if the injury bug hasn’t left.

If they are below 500 at the ASB, I wouldn't be surprised if entertain serious offers from AL teams for Bryant. They know he's gone after 2021, they decided not to bring his buddy Harper in, so shuffle him off and a return better than what the Marlins got for Realmuto. Hit the restart button with a new manager and a new team president.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:32 pm 

I dont think it's possible to know Bryant is gone after 2021 and Id be very surprised to see them give him up with 2.5 seasons of him left.

But yea, I could see them selling if they are out of it. Its hard to be out of it though with the 2nd WC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Take the name White Sox off of this team and replace it with the Indians and you'd pretty much have the makings of another "MAJOR LEAGUE" movie. This is a terrible team with a shitty owner and a clown for a general manager. The original movie had a better broadcasting team though than this team does, though.

Amen. Is there anything more bush league than Sox Math?
And...The PBP guy can't judge lengths of fly balls. Maybe the crooked eye?
And...The PBP guy thinks he's a funnyman. He isn't.
And...The color guy has decided to mail it in

As per earlier stated after Machado "left money on the table", I will rip everybody this year. Deserved or undeserved. FF may be disinterested, but I'm not. I'm all in on laying the wood.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Winter sucks. Good or bad Sox team, sitting out at the ball game on a nice day/evening and having a couple of beers is a great time. Likewise sitting at a local beer garden watching the game or having a daygame on the radio while doing yardwork or something is always enjoyable as well.

This guy gets it. I couldn't agree more.

GO SOX!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
They can't help but be better than they were last year. There should be at least some progression from the young guys (if there's not, we as fans are totally screwed), the division is worse than it was the past couple years, and I'm hoping that they signed guys in the off season with an eye toward keeping them and not flipping them (therefore they shouldn't be intentionally sabotaging their team at the deadline). Also, Machado probably wouldn't have turned this team into anything resembling a contender this year. If he's going to be missed, it will be in 2020 and beyond.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:52 pm 

denisdman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Poison pill. They knew there was no chance he signed that contract.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
312player wrote:

How do you know what morale is for this team? Are you referring to the players, the fans, or who?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:31 am 

Godfella wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Winter sucks. Good or bad Sox team, sitting out at the ball game on a nice day/evening and having a couple of beers is a great time. Likewise sitting at a local beer garden watching the game or having a daygame on the radio while doing yardwork or something is always enjoyable as well.

This guy gets it. I couldn't agree more.

GO SOX!

GTFO :lol: . This is the same bullshit narrative Sox fans where ripping on Cub fans for not being real fans of the game and only going to get drunk and hang out. It is what fans of losing franchises spin when their team has sucked for multiple seasons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next