It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Bauer would be perfect for this team, even on a two year deal instead of one. Let him start every fourth day most of the time as he wants, as long as Giolito always goes every five. I question if they are so far behind on stuff like Driveline, though, that Bauer would find that a deal breaker.

If Bauer does come to the White Sox, whoever has the radio rights needs to give Bauer and Anderson an hour long show together weekly.

I heard someone on The Score say that Hinch might be a deal-breaker for Bauer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:08 pm 

Sox could use Schwarber.

No joke. The Sox could balance out the RHB dominance of their lineup a bit. Schwarber's bat would play great at GRF, he could see at bats at DH and with Robert in CF, he's going to mask alot of Schwarber's defensive shittiness.

Send over a Rick Vaughn arm + some 17 year old kid who weighs 145 lbs and the deal is done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Sox seem to think that they have that guy in house already with Vaughn.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Need a lefty bat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:27 am 
1000 CLUB

FrankDrebin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Need a lefty bat.

Vaughn is still likely to become the DH next season. Maybe he can play occasionally in the field. They do need another left handed bat though for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
There should be a good number of platoon LH bats available from non-tenders. If Vaughn is at DH, the only every day slot left for a LH bat is in RF.

Ideally they also get a bench hitter in the Tommy La Stella mold who can backup 2B/3B once in a while, play LF in a pinch, and DH instead of Vaughn against the toughest righties. The rosters are probably going back down to 26 next year, so it's going to usually be a 4 person bench with 13 pitchers and an active shuttle to Charlotte.

SH: Leury
RH: Engel
LH: New backup 2B/3B(/LF)
break in case of glass: Defensive backup catcher who catches Giolito.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:17 pm 

Edwin: Gone!
Gio: Gone!
Yolmer: Gone! (Claimed by Orioles)
Leury: Stays...

Tim Beckham signed to a NRI. I guess he will fight for a spot in Charlotte.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:52 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Bauer would be perfect for this team, even on a two year deal instead of one. Let him start every fourth day most of the time as he wants, as long as Giolito always goes every five. I question if they are so far behind on stuff like Driveline, though, that Bauer would find that a deal breaker.

If Bauer does come to the White Sox, whoever has the radio rights needs to give Bauer and Anderson an hour long show together weekly.

Bauer isn't doing a short term deal. He is going to cash in on a career year. It will be at least 150m total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:56 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Derplington wrote:

Bauer isn't doing a short term deal. He is going to cash in on a career year. It will be at least 150m total.

Unfortunate for him that the whole COVID thing is gonna screw that up; that may be why he still prefers the one-year deal right now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Derplington wrote:

Unfortunate for him that the whole COVID thing is gonna screw that up; that may be why he still prefers the one-year deal right now.

He basically confirmed on a podcast recently that he is going for a multi-year, highest bidder contract. The Mets just got a new owner worth 14 billion. Cohen will pony up the big bucks if others don't.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:10 am 

There are a number of nice veteran pitchers on the market who could slide into a #3 or higher role. I think the Sox could probably use a couple of these types as the developing young guys still have to prove themselves and when they do, they will be on innings counts for the year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Mlbtraderumors predicts Springer to the White Sox on a five year 125 million dollar deal:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/11/ ... -2021.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Warren Newson wrote:
Mlbtraderumors predicts Springer to the White Sox on a five year 125 million dollar deal:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/11/ ... -2021.html

I’d rather they just overpay Bauer

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:01 am 

I don't think Bauer is coming here. I'd certainly be interested in Kluber or Charlie Morton if he could be talked into maybe moving his kids during the summertime for 15 million dollars per year

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I don't think Bauer is coming here. I'd certainly be interested in Kluber or Charlie Morton if he could be talked into maybe moving his kids during the summertime for 15 million dollars per year

If they can’t get Bauer, I’d almost prefer they find some serviceable no name LHPs to work the back of the rotation. The staff is so right-hand-heavy and I assume Rodon will be injured by May (if Ricky didn’t fully break him again CLE & OAK).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:54 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Morton isn't moving his kids. He will probably go back to Tampa on a smaller deal, but the Braves are a possibility as he could fly home pretty frequently during homestands and God knows they need starting pitching. A private airport is only 20 minutes from the ballpark.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
good dolphin wrote:

Mlbtraderumors also predicts they're going to sign James Paxton, which sounds more like your typical White Sox signing. Bring someone in with a rough injury history, cross your fingers, and hope to get three to four months of use out of him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Larussa will tell Hahn who to get..thats a good thing for Sox fans.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:30 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Mlbtraderumors also predicts they're going to sign James Paxton, which sounds more like your typical White Sox signing. Bring someone in with a rough injury history, cross your fingers, and hope to get three to four months of use out of him.

He’s the type of backend guy I’d be fine with. It’s uninspiring but it fills a need.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:07 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He’s the type of backend guy I’d be fine with. It’s uninspiring but it fills a need.

Back end?

38-17 from 2017-2019. If he's healthy, hes better tha Kuechel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:37 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Back end?

I don’t think he’s better than kuechel or giolito, so #3?

I don’t really care about his WL record but I can’t say I have strong feelings on James Paxton.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:50 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Back end?

I don’t think he’s better than kuechel or giolito, so #3?

I don’t really care about his WL record but I can’t say I have strong feelings on James Paxton.

He's a top of the rotation guy when healthy

Better WAR than Keuhel in 2018, 2019

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:04 pm 

K then, I’ll be happy to support front end James Paxton should the Sox sign him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:29 pm 

K then, I’ll be happy to support front end James Paxton should the Sox sign him.

When healthy though

I'm just a fan of the guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Keuchel worries me a bit. My eyes tell me he's a kind of a smoke and mirrors guy who can't last more than 18 batsmen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nardi wrote:
Keuchel worries me a bit. My eyes tell me he's a kind of a smoke and mirrors guy who can't last more than 18 batsmen.

I kinda get what you are saying, but he was a stopper during the stortend season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Cashman wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I kinda get what you are saying, but he was a stopper during the stortend season.

He's like a son-in-law. On the surface, everything is fine, but something deep down says there's a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Predicts on where top free agents sign. Springer to the White Sox?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
The Chicago White Sox open the 2021 season with a four-game series against the Angels in Anaheim beginning on Thursday, April 1st. The finale of that series on April 4th will air on ESPN as their first Sunday Night Baseball broadcast of the season (7:30 PM CT).

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:19 pm 

As expected, there was a record number of players non tendered. There is a glut of players on the FA market which should result in low contracts. This is like a JR dream.

They should be able to fill that RF position on the cheap if they look to platoon. They should be able to take a flier on a SP coming back from injury while also signing a big name as a definite for the top half of the rotation. They should also be able to clean up on some RP.

I doubt it lowers the Mc Cann value to something acceptable for a part time starter but there are other veteran catchers out there

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next