It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Tim Anderson has won nothing. It's pretty crazy that there is a serious story line that Tony LaRussa who has 3 World Series rings needs to change his process to suit Tim Anderson.

Tim Anderson reminds me of a guy who hates all white people. He probably looks at LaRussa as just another whitey he has to work with to get thru the day. He probably does not give a shit pro or con about LaRussa. As long as he can play baseball the way he wants, it'll be fine. I dont think LaRussa will be doing anything to mess up Anderson's routine.

How does he remind you of a guy who hates all white people?

This place...

he seems like he hates everyone. not just white people.

He doesn't seem like that at all. Go kill yourself

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:30 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Tim Anderson has won nothing. It's pretty crazy that there is a serious story line that Tony LaRussa who has 3 World Series rings needs to change his process to suit Tim Anderson.

Tim Anderson reminds me of a guy who hates all white people. He probably looks at LaRussa as just another whitey he has to work with to get thru the day. He probably does not give a shit pro or con about LaRussa. As long as he can play baseball the way he wants, it'll be fine. I dont think LaRussa will be doing anything to mess up Anderson's routine.

This place...

He's been an incredibly nice guy when I've met him, especially with kids and youth players.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:31 am 

FavreFan wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

This place...

He doesn't seem like that at all. Go kill yourself

:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

This place...

He's been an incredibly nice guy when I've met him, especially with kids and youth players.

ya i am sure he's cool w fans. but other players and people in the game. i think his attitude is like eff these guys. and that's what type of attitude probably makes him so good.

like barry bonds. everyone said he was a SOB and he was. But i think if he wasn't that SOB and had that SOB attitude he wouldn't have been so great.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
LaRussa hasn't managed in ten years. Imagine a 17 or 18 year old who doesn't know anything about him listening to the Score yesterday. He probably thinks that LaRussa was a guy who stood in front of a clubhouse blocking Jackie Robinson from entering.

It's tough to imagine a 17/18 year old listening to the Score :lol:

Unless you're in a car, who even here regularly listens to the Score? It's probably been a year since I've turned the station on when I'm in at home or in my office.

I usually only listen to the Hit 'n' Run.

AM1000 is what I listen to now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:38 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I think LaRussa is smart enough to understand that because he has a couple of the best pure hitters in all of baseball on the roster, he will do what he needs to do to make things work in the clubhouse.

more than a couple

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:41 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Me neither. And I'm sure he managed the A's different than he managed the Sox in the 70s. Same can be said of the A's to the Cards in the 00s.

And as it was stated here yesterday, LaRussa learned Spanish later in his career to help communicate better between the pitchers and Molina. If he really thought THE LATINS were subhuman, he wouldn't have cared to learn their language. I doubt he went thru all of that effort just to insult them in their native tongue.

he learned spanish very early

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:44 pm 

Baked McBride wrote:
“Spanish was my first language,” said La Russa, whose mother spoke Spanish and his father both Spanish and Italian. “I had to learn English to go to school. I was raised in a Latin American, Italian American community with a bunch of people who really loved baseball.”1 La Russa has been enshrined in both the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame and the Hispanic Heritage Baseball Museum Hall of Fame.

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/tony-la ... ndnote1anc

I think this is the kind of info the Sox should be getting out into the public consciousness.

Right now, the media is making assumption about his heritage that aren't true, like some did with Dolphins coach Flores last year, until he made them look foolish by telling them he was african american

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:47 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

This place...

ya i am sure he's cool w fans. but other players and people in the game. i think his attitude is like eff these guys. and that's what type of attitude probably makes him so good.

like barry bonds. everyone said he was a SOB and he was. But i think if he wasn't that SOB and had that SOB attitude he wouldn't have been so great.

Friday came REALLY early in Hawaii today.

HY, Anderson is a guy who appears to be helping out all of humanity as best he can. Good guy although he never bought me a beer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

This place...

He didn't say he hates all white people. He just REMINDS him of a guy who hates all white people...sheesh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
It was too laid back,” Anderson said of the team’s attitude in 2020, talking to Our Chuck Garfien on the White Sox Talk Podcast. “We need that dog in us. We need some, ‘Let’s go out here and whoop these m-----f-----s.’

“We need that type of attitude versus like, ‘Are we going to win today?’ No. ‘Let’s go out here and whoop ‘em.’ It might be 10-0 in the first, let’s keep going. That type of winning, not just feel around and see what happens. From the first inning, let’s go.”

Tim Anderson wrote:
Moving forward, I’m open. I get it. I understand it. Our ultimate goal is to win a championship, and I’m all aboard for that. … [LaRussa] has been around baseball for a while, and he’s been successful for a while. So it goes back to: Why wouldn’t you want to learn from a guy who’s been successful for a while? “We are trying to win a championship, and he’s going to be a part of it.

We’re going to see what happens. I don’t know Tony. Tony doesn’t know me. So I can’t go off what they say about this man, and he can’t go off what they say about me, because he doesn’t know me and I don’t know him. So really, the conversation, we’re just going to start at zero and just see where it goes.

I’m not just that little pup that just came up and is scared to talk. I’m aware of everything. So now everything is so open to where I feel comfortable. If there’s anything that’s going on, I’m open to have those conversations with whoever it is because I get it. It’s just life.

Nothing against you, nothing against me, it’s still all love, but we need to talk it out because the ultimate goal is to win a championship.
https://sports.yahoo.com/tim-andersons- ... 23391.html

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:06 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Bernstein is a weird fucking dude. He's overly concerned about Tim Anderson's feelings. Dude, his manager is an 80 year old baseball lifer. He's been coaching black dudes before Tim was born. Spiegs is spewing the same weird stuff. Stop being that creepy 50 year old woke guy.

Last edited by blackhawksfan on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Bernstein is a weird fucking dude. He's overly concerned about Tim Anderson's feelings. Dude, his manager is an 80 year old baseball lifer. He's been coaching black dudes before Tim was born. Spiegs is spewing the same weird stuff. Stop being that creepy 50 year old woke guy.

It would be one thing if there were any truth to it. But it's a completely manufactured story based on simple dislike for LaRussa. You'd think the guy was Ben Chapman or something if you listened to these dopes and other who have written about him recently.

And the worst part is that it's been embraced by Millennial Sox fans on Twitter. All the woke youngsters are convinced that LaRussa is a racist monster. Based on what, I'm not sure. Just because he's an old white guy, I guess. So I understand that coming from women in their early 30s on Twitter, but don't bernstein and Spiegel understand they're old white guys just like LaRussa? Do they think they'll get a pass because they're Jewish?

I've never heard of LaRussa having a bad relationship with any black or Latino players. In fact, he seemed to get along great with two famously prickly black dudes in Dave Stewart and Rickey Henderson. He managed goofy Canseco, for God's sake. And he's stated in the past that the best player he's ever managed was Yadier Molina which had me holding out hope that the Sox would bring him in on a one year deal until he re-signed with St. Louis.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:01 am 

I'm more worried about who his Dave Duncan is going to be? I'll bet HE'S more worried about who his Dave Duncan is going to be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:08 am 

LaRussa will end up being a great hire. Get him a driver and watch him win a World Series.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:11 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
LaRussa will end up being a great hire. Get him a driver and watch him win a World Series.

I don't know if that will be the case or not. He is pretty fucking old. I've never been a LaRussa fan. But to act as if he's forgotten how baseball is played or that he's some alien who doesn't know how to talk to black people is ridiculous. A lot of people think kneeling for the anthem is bullshit. You know what? Many of them are black.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't know if that will be the case or not. He is pretty fucking old. I've never been a LaRussa fan. But to act as if he's forgotten how baseball is played or that he's some alien who doesn't know how to talk to black people is ridiculous. A lot of people think kneeling for the anthem is bullshit. You know what? Many of them are black.

This is why they kneel.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:21 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I consider LaRussa easily the best manager of my lifetime and I dont think the game has changed so much in the 10 years since he won his last World Series that it will matter.

I just ignore the woke stuff at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:30 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I consider LaRussa easily the best manager of my lifetime and I dont think the game has changed so much in the 10 years since he won his last World Series that it will matter.

Francona. Not a doubt in my mind. Without Dave Duncan, LaRussa is running a dog pound somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

same with bat flipping

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The bat flipping "controversy" is stupid as hell too. Who is watching baseball for bat flips? The game is losing fans because the ball isn't put in play as much. Home run or strike out baseball is dull. Bernstein acts like the bat flip is what gets teenagers off.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nardi wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Francona. Not a doubt in my mind. Without Dave Duncan, LaRussa is running a dog pound somewhere.

I know you don't like the guy, but let's try to put it in perspective. I'm doing this from memory, so if I left one out please point it out, but here are the Sox managers since 1990:

Jeff Torborg
Gene Lamont
Terry Bennington
Jerry Manuel
Ozzie Guillermo
Robin Ventura
Ricky Renteria.

In your opinion, where would LaRussa rank on that list?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:24 pm 

Nardi wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The two have always been together so Im not sure how you can determine which guy is the cause of the success they've had.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Warren Newson wrote:
I know you don't like the guy, but let's try to put it in perspective. I'm doing this from memory, so if I left one out please point it out, but here are the Sox managers since 1990:

Jeff Torborg
Gene Lamont
Terry Bennington
Jerry Manuel
Ozzie Guillermo
Robin Ventura
Ricky Renteria.

Don Cooper was 0-2 as interim when Ozzie left in 2011 :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:51 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Jeff Torborg
Gene Lamont
Terry Bennington
Jerry Manuel
Ozzie Guillermo
Robin Ventura
Ricky Renteria.

4th

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:45 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

Jeff Torborg
Gene Lamont
Terry Bennington
Jerry Manuel
Ozzie Guillermo
Robin Ventura
Ricky Renteria.

Don Cooper was 0-2 as interim when Ozzie left in 2011 :lol:

Frank, I don't know what we'd do with you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:53 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Jeff Torborg
Gene Lamont
Terry Bennington
Jerry Manuel
Ozzie Guillermo
Robin Ventura
Ricky Renteria.

4th

I would put him higher than that, but I agree that he can't help but be an improvement over many of the people who have occupied that position recently.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

blackhawksfan wrote:
The bat flipping "controversy" is stupid as hell too. Who is watching baseball for bat flips? The game is losing fans because the ball isn't put in play as much. Home run or strike out baseball is dull. Bernstein acts like the bat flip is what gets teenagers off.

Bingo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Warren Newson wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Jeff Torborg
Gene Lamont
Terry Bennington
Jerry Manuel
Ozzie Guillermo
Robin Ventura
Ricky Renteria.

I would put him higher than that, but I agree that he can't help but be an improvement over many of the people who have occupied that position recently.

It's not a question of whether he is better than that shi!t-list but rather if he was the best choice today. IMO he was not, but I hope to be proven wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, that's how I feel. If the players play, he'll be fine. Too much is made of the manager anyway. I'm pretty sure LaRussa can still run a ballgame.