It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kenny and Jerry are guilty too. Thats a fact. All 3 should lost thier jobs.

Nas has not and will not post anything to refute this.

Nas will not take his focus off of Hahn. That's what he's made everyone do since he's had the job. I'll talk about Kenny whenever Hahn is fired. I don't have the problem with Uncle Jerry that everyone else does.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Per Spiegel this morning, since Hahn took the job in 2013, the White Sox are 26th in winning pct at the MLB level and dead last in the minors. Pretty much all you need to know. A complete disaster.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
If you want a true indictment of Rick Hahn, follow the names of his 2019 draft class (where Vaughn was taken first). Absolute crap, except for one later pick they traded to Texas (probably in the Dunning trade).

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/?team_ID=CHW&year_ID=2019&draft_type=junreg&query_type=franch_year&from_type_jc=0&from_type_hs=0&from_type_4y=0&from_type_unk=0

There is no help coming.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Off day Monday.

Yeah, they have to call a press conference and shitcan a bunch of guys.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Only an idiot thinks Hahn is going to be fired this week.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Only an idiot would believe you have the balls to stop trolling the Sox.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Nas will not take his focus off of Hahn. That's what he's made everyone do since he's had the job. I'll talk about Kenny whenever Hahn is fired. I don't have the problem with Uncle Jerry that everyone else does.

Other than he's loyal to his investors? Over winning? Over his customers? In professional sports?

I get it, it's fun to go from being a millionaire to a billionaire, he worth about 2000x more than when he started, but still, how about a couple crumbs? You can't throw in a Manny Machado once a decade?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Can fire the management team, but every sox fan thought this team was setup to win for many years too

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Curious Hair wrote:
Just posting to preempt the "You gotta fire Brick on Monday, right?" parody thread.

You gotta fire Rick Monday, right?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 12:26 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Burger is by far their best player on a really crappy team...and he started the season in the minors. Does not speak well for the org.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Burger is by far their best player on a really crappy team...and he started the season in the minors. Does not speak well for the org.

well done

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:00 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Other than he's loyal to his investors? Over winning? Over his customers? In professional sports?

I get it, it's fun to go from being a millionaire to a billionaire, he worth about 2000x more than when he started, but still, how about a couple crumbs? You can't throw in a Manny Machado once a decade?

He gave us Albert Belle and 7 championships in 14 years. Your favorite owners are mostly failures who are media whores. He takes the arrows in order to give his guys space to work. He's loyal in a business that has no loyalty.

Last edited by Nas on Mon May 01, 2023 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: John's
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

Jake Palka can't field his position

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He gave us Albert Belle and 7 championships in 14 years. Your favorite owners are mostly failures who are media whores. He takes the arrows in order to give his guys space to work. He's loyal in a business that has no loyalty.

his loyalty requires complete servitude in return

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:29 am 
100000 CLUB

He's taken care of guys like Scottie, Randy Brown, and Jay Williams without getting anything in return.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nothing matters. Just move the team to some high growth city with no fresh water.

Put Sox fans out of our misery.

Despite the Titans' owners initially rebuffing the MLB to Nashville group's plans to park a baseball park next to the new Titans stadium, I assume that's a negotiation position and the Adams Family will sign on once they're cut in on the MLB deal.

Probably Rays to Nashville--didn't the Rays owner say they weren't going to move the team out of Tampa and then later said maybe they would if it went to Nashville? So probably Rays to the middle Tennessee hell-hole.

God-awful weather for baseball in Nashville. Rainy and dreary all April into early May and then mid-May the temps/humidity in Nashville max out and no one goes outside until October. The Nashville MLS team doesn't play any home games before 9 pm after May 1st. Maybe if you moved the stadium north of the city along the Kentucky border, the change in latitude and slightly higher elevation would make outdoor baseball more feasible. But I imagine they're going to stack up the stadiums downtown like everyone else does nowadays (except the Bears) and do the retractable roof thing.

SLC coming out of nowhere to overtake a bunch of other contenders. Fucking Mormons know how to get these things done (see: Olympics). Probably gonna cost Charlotte an MLB team this go around. Charlotte should be tops on the list, in terms of population/popularity of the local MiLB teams etc. But Nashville and SLC will probably freeze out any Charlotte mlb team in the before 2030 moves.

Just build a park half-way between San Antonio and Austin and be done with it.

Portland is cute with their constant efforts to expand beyond the NBA. You're not getting any more pro franchises in PDX, ever. Give it up already.

I assume MLB is using Montreal as a threat to move the Blue Jays to if Toronto doesn't play ball on building the Blue Jays a new park. So probably no team to Montreal until after the Blues Jays get a new park in Toronto.

So A's to Vegas, Rays to Nashville and then 2 new teams in SLC and Austin/San Antonio? With the south Texas team maybe playing a grip of games in Mexico city every season.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The Bulls are irrelevant to Jerry's lack of White Sox success and Albert Belle was nearly 30 years ago at this point. Come on. Jerry has 'given' us one season out of 40+ with a playoff series win. Unacceptable. Though your view is shrouded because you enjoyed the Cubs run while wearing a W Flag Toga in the bleachers.

You can keep your focus on getting rid of Hahn, but the fish stinks at the head. If you want real change with the Sox, a serious organizational shift must happen. That is all but impossible with Kenny and Jerry still around. These are facts.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:23 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The Bulls are irrelevant to Jerry's lack of White Sox success. He gave us one season out of 40+ with a playoff series win. Unacceptable.

You can keep your focus on getting rid of Hahn, but the fish stinks at the head. If you want real change with the Sox, a serious organizational shift must happen. That is all but impossible with Kenny and Jerry still around. These are facts.

It's not a fact but an opinion with the strongest of data. Sox have not had strong drafts since Larry Himes. That's over 30 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
He's taken care of guys like Scottie, Randy Brown, and Jay Williams without getting anything in return.
Again, irrelevant to the White Sox having success in October. If you want praise these sorts of moves, please use the Bulls section.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Last Year they just simply needed to get rid of LaRussa (according to MANY) and all would be right with the world. Now its back to Kenny Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf again. This is Rick Hahn's team. He blew it up so that he could "go young" and Build organically. After trying to piecemeal it together the first 4 years. Now that his young guys are either bad, injured or both all of the time, its back to being on "Kenny and Jerry". Bounce Hahn first then figure out the rest later.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:30 am 

Nardi wrote:
It's not a fact but an opinion with the strongest of data. Sox have not had strong drafts since Larry Himes. That's over 30 years ago.
I sort of remember Schueler being ok at it too though. Kenny Williams didn't have much interest in it, which was strange because he was the White Sox Player Development guy before taking over as GM. Figured that this particular aspect of the gig would be right in his wheelhouse

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon May 01, 2023 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Its on everybody, LTG. There is plenty of blame to go around. Throwing it all at the feet of Hahn is just stupid. Getting rid of Hahn but keeping Kenny, Chris Getz, and the other characthers around would just be a band aid on a broken leg. "White Sox fire GM," would make a swell headline, but it would be the same dog and pony show otherwise. Us true Sox fans know this.

TLR absolutely should have been fired last season. Who knows if that would have make the Sox a World Series team (probably not), but sometimes you have to make a move just for the sake of making a move. It's not like its unprecedented for Jerry to fire someone mid season. He's done it with the Bulls more than once. On Christmas no less.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Last Year they just simply needed to get rid of LaRussa (according to MANY) and all would be right with the world. Now its back to Kenny Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf again. This is Rick Hahn's team. He blew it up so that he could "go young" and Build organically. After trying to piecemeal it together the first 4 years. Now that his young guys are either bad, injured or both all of the time, its back to being on "Kenny and Jerry". Bounce Hahn first then figure out the rest later.

Yep. Uncle Jerry will graduate within the next decade. MANY will get their wish.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:37 am 

I beg to differ. Schueler's drafts sucked, he was a better at trades.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:39 am 

What's stupid is placing the blame on a guy that hasn't held the job in over 11 years. If one were to ask which players on this team or coaches that Kenny Williams is responsible for currently you couldn't tell us for certain but trust you you just know that he (Kenny Williams) is. That isn't going to fly. Anyone that knows "White Sox Baseball" knows that the way Hahn has "built" the team is completely different from the way that Kenny Williams built the team. Kenny Williams never tried to "rebuild" anything at any point that he was GM. Never stressed "patience" either. He called himself going for it every year and would never hesitate to trade a young guy if he believed that it would make the team better during that particular season. Its one of the main reasons that he got bashed as time progressed. His farm system sucked at the end. Hahn's approach has been completely different. The stamp on this team is clearly his and his alone.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon May 01, 2023 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:48 am 
100000 CLUB

I would guess TA7 is a Kenny guy. Hahn has definitely tried to build like he's Theo.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
I beg to differ. Schueler's drafts sucked, he was a better at trades.
waitingforruffcorn :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:52 am 

I have felt bad for Hahn. He seems like a good guy who has been working in hand cuffs for awhile. But he has not helped himself in the last couple years with his statements. And at the end of the day if he is not getting to run the team the way he wants then he should have quit.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yeah keep Kenny around because he does...uh...he really helps with...um...remember when he did that thing recently that made the Sox better? He's really good at drafting his kids I guess. Can't blame the Executive Vice President, that's for sure. The Sox aren't limited to firing one front office guy a season, they can fire 2 if they want.

100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
What's stupid is placing the blame on a guy that hasn't held the job in over 11 years.
What's stupid is the opinion that the Executive Vice President of the White Sox is blameless for the team's failures.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next