It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trading Sale
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:
Mark Zuckerman Verified account
‏@MarkZuckerman

#Nats have made their offer, now waiting for #WhiteSox to take it or leave it:
https://t.co/jTfEJYvbrv

A DC beat guy. Tell the Nats to fuck off. Their leaked offers have been insulting.

The comments section to that article is precious. Sale is a "proven MLB pitcher with an elite upside". :lol: He's been one of the best five pitchers in baseball over the last five seasons.

This is the disconnect. Teams wanna give you mid level prospects for possible the biggest acquisition the trade market has ever seen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I would have no problem with Giolito and Robles for Q.

:lol:

I don't know what the fuck is so funny about that. If you're suggesting that Jose Quintana is somehow the equal of Chris Sale, you're barking up the wrong tree. Giolito has a good chance of being better than Quintana. He certainly has the tools to be. Chris Sale is the best pitcher in over 100 years of White Sox history. Please don't compare him to some ordinary guy with a career .500 record.

While I think you undervalue Quintana a bit, I agree with this. Giolito & Robles would be a really good trade for both teams.

Quintana is pretty good. Sale could be a Hall of Fame guy.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:39 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't know what the fuck is so funny about that. If you're suggesting that Jose Quintana is somehow the equal of Chris Sale, you're barking up the wrong tree. Giolito has a good chance of being better than Quintana. He certainly has the tools to be. Chris Sale is the best pitcher in over 100 years of White Sox history. Please don't compare him to some ordinary guy with a career .500 record.

It's funny because that's video-game trade bullshit. Yeah, the computer in MLB The Show might give up Giolito and Robles for Quintana, but in reality you're talking about two top-10 (in baseball, mind you) prospects for "some ordinary guy with a career .500 record", as you put it.

Quintana is both "average" and deserving of two of baseball's top prospects in trade? Which is it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Andrew Miller, an expensive reliever over age 30, returned 2 top 50 prospects from the Indians.
3 months of Aroldis Chapman, wife beater and all, got back the a top 20 prospect, a fringey in-and-out of the t100 guy and two more.
Shelby Miller trade.
Drew Pomeranz, not even half the pitcher Sale is, got back Anderson Espinoza.

Quintana is undoubtedly worth Giolito and Robles in this market. And bridging the gap between Quintana's value and Sale's value mandates including either Trea Turner or the rest of Washington top 6 minor leaguers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:42 am 

Cashman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:
Mark Zuckerman Verified account
‏@MarkZuckerman

#Nats have made their offer, now waiting for #WhiteSox to take it or leave it:
https://t.co/jTfEJYvbrv

A DC beat guy. Tell the Nats to fuck off. Their leaked offers have been insulting.

The comments section to that article is precious. Sale is a "proven MLB pitcher with an elite upside". :lol: He's been one of the best five pitchers in baseball over the last five seasons.

This is the disconnect. Teams wanna give you mid level prospects for possible the biggest acquisition the trade market has ever seen.

Easy now....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
America wrote:
Andrew Miller, an expensive reliever over age 30, returned 2 top 50 prospects from the Indians.
3 months of Aroldis Chapman, wife beater and all, got back the a top 20 prospect, a fringey in-and-out of the t100 guy and two more.
Shelby Miller trade.
Yeah. This is really all the Sox have the reference when someone says their asking price is too high. Sale is without question a lot better than any of those guys.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's funny because that's video-game trade bullshit. Yeah, the computer in MLB The Show might give up Giolito and Robles for Quintana, but in reality you're talking about two top-10 (in baseball, mind you) prospects for "some ordinary guy with a career .500 record", as you put it.

Quintana is both "average" and deserving of two of baseball's top prospects in trade? Which is it?

I suppose I could ask you the same question, no?

I think the reputation Quintana has is unjustified and it would be wise to trade him now. If I had Giolito and Robles I certainly would not trade them for Quintana. That doesn't mean that some GM might not make that deal. Quintana's WAR over the past two seasons is better than Sale's, isn't it?

I think when his career is all over and in the books he is going to be the guy I think he is- that is, someone who will scarcely be remembered, a Jon Garland type maybe- rather than the guy most people seem to think he is, an elite pitcher.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Giolito is the next Gavin Floyd.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Sox are gonna regret not pulling the trigger on Sale straight-up for Schwarber.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:51 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
America wrote:
Shelby Miller trade.
Yeah. This is really all the Sox have the reference when someone says their asking price is too high. Sale is without question a lot better than any of those guys.

I agree with both of these posts. So...remember when Sale was not traded at the trade deadline...and the comments then (from media types anyway) were that the Sox would have more "bidders" and the returns higher if they waited to trade Sale in the off season?? I thought that was probably correct also. So...Sox need to stand pat until they get a deal that reflects market value for sure. They have to.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:52 am 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:

Much more likely than him being the next Chris Sale. But getting a Floyd wouldn't be a disaster if you got a couple other guys who could be cornerstones of a lineup. I just don't think two prospects, no matter how good, is enough for a guy like Sale who never becomes available. I have to get more than the Miller or Samardzija deals.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Here are two separate Top 100 Prospect lists:

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=prospects

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/m ... 0v5rqfc.97

Both list Giolito and Robles in the top-15 in baseball, one has Giolito ahead of Turner, and the other has Giolito and Robles in the top-10.

What's more, both lists have Reynaldo Lopez in the top-50, and if he is included in this deal (I can't see why he wouldn't be), that would mean the Sox have 3 of the 50 "best" prospects in baseball, and 3 of the Nationals' best 5. It could be 4 of their best 5 if they include Erick Fedde, which would result in the Sox having 4 of baseball's best prospects in return for Sale.

But no, it's a bad deal because it doesn't include Trea Turner. :roll:

A deal for Sale doesn't have to include Trea Turner. The point is that Chris Sale, when all things are considered, is probably the best pitcher ever to go on the trading block in the history of the game. And that isn't some crazy exaggeration. I don't see how you could have a good faith negotiation for such a player when the other team takes some guy with 350 big league at-bats off the table to begin with. The Sox are the ones with the commodity here. The guys they will be getting in return are hopes and wishes.

There have been MANY HOF pitchers traded in baseball history. MANY in their prime. Let's not go crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:56 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Much more likely than him being the next Chris Sale. But getting a Floyd wouldn't be a disaster if you got a couple other guys who could be cornerstones of a lineup. I just don't think two prospects, no matter how good, is enough for a guy like Sale who never becomes available. I have to get more than the Miller or Samardzija deals.

You aren't going to get more than Shelby Miller deal because only morons do the Miller deal. If Rizzo is a moron, then you get that return. He doesn't appear to be one. Kenny and Hahn, on the other hand?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Big Chicagoan wrote:
You aren't going to get more than Shelby Miller deal because only morons do the Miller deal. If Rizzo is a moron, then you get that return. He doesn't appear to be one. Kenny and Hahn, on the other hand?

The Nationals offer isn't even close to matching that offer.

They're declaring Trea fucking Turner untouchable! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
My only hope is the Sox stick to their guns. If they don't get exactly what they want for Sale then keep him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:02 am 

walkrman5 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
America wrote:
Shelby Miller trade.

I agree with both of these posts. So...remember when Sale was not traded at the trade deadline...and the comments then (from media types anyway) were that the Sox would have more "bidders" and the returns higher if they waited to trade Sale in the off season?? I thought that was probably correct also. So...Sox need to stand pat until they get a deal that reflects market value for sure. They have to.

where are the dodgers in all of this talk? They were hot for Sale a couple of months ago and their situation hasn't seem to have changed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 am 

good dolphin wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
America wrote:
Shelby Miller trade.

where are the dodgers in all of this talk? They were hot for Sale a couple of months ago and their situation hasn't seem to have changed.

They already have a good staff. They need to fill in their lineup. Look for a Ryan Braun trade.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:05 am 

I'd let this sit and watch the Nationals take heat from their fans after floating it out there that they were getting Sale and returned with nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:09 am 

pittmike wrote:
My only hope is the Sox stick to their guns. If they don't get exactly what they want for Sale then keep him.

Your only hope is if the Sox stick their guns in their mouth and pull the trigger, then get competent replacements to run the team.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Here are two separate Top 100 Prospect lists:

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=prospects

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/m ... 0v5rqfc.97

Both list Giolito and Robles in the top-15 in baseball, one has Giolito ahead of Turner, and the other has Giolito and Robles in the top-10.

What's more, both lists have Reynaldo Lopez in the top-50, and if he is included in this deal (I can't see why he wouldn't be), that would mean the Sox have 3 of the 50 "best" prospects in baseball, and 3 of the Nationals' best 5. It could be 4 of their best 5 if they include Erick Fedde, which would result in the Sox having 4 of baseball's best prospects in return for Sale.

But no, it's a bad deal because it doesn't include Trea Turner. :roll:

A deal for Sale doesn't have to include Trea Turner. The point is that Chris Sale, when all things are considered, is probably the best pitcher ever to go on the trading block in the history of the game. And that isn't some crazy exaggeration. I don't see how you could have a good faith negotiation for such a player when the other team takes some guy with 350 big league at-bats off the table to begin with. The Sox are the ones with the commodity here. The guys they will be getting in return are hopes and wishes.

There have been MANY HOF pitchers traded in baseball history. MANY in their prime. Let's not go crazy.

Nobody close in the free agency era who had a far under market contract like this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:14 am 
Site Admin

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Sale isn't Shelby Miller.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:17 am 

Over the last 4 years only 3 pitchers in baseball have thrown 200+ innings with an ERA below 3.55.

Max Scherzer, Madison Bumgarner and Jose Quintana.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
I'd let this sit and watch the Nationals take heat from their fans after floating it out there that they were getting Sale and returned with nothing.

Their appears to be a narrative being to fed to Nat beat guys from the Nats FO that is filtering down to Nats fans that Sale is broken down and on a rapid decline.

Somehow the 22 year-old already with one TJS is better option going forward :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 am 

Remember, no matter who they get, they reportedly said "no" to a package of Andrew Benintendi+, and Hahn told us they would be able to secure more talent with more bidders in the off-season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:33 am 

Remember, no matter who they get, they reportedly said "no" to a package of Andrew Benintendi+, and Hahn told us they would be able to secure more talent with more bidders in the off-season.

Yea they were too busy demanding Mookie Betts :lol: God this team is a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:

No reason not to demand everything with Sale. This has to be a Hershel Walker type trade otherwise why trade a cost-controlled future Hall of Fame pitcher.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:45 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
America wrote:

No reason not to demand everything with Sale. This has to be a Hershel Walker type trade otherwise why trade a cost-controlled future Hall of Fame pitcher.

The Red Sox aren't going to part with Mookie Betts, nor should they. Sure Hahn can ask but he should hardly close the door on Dombrowski if he's not willing to part with Betts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:00 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 am 

I dont want to get too far this rabbit hole because nobody really knows the substance of the Nats/Sox negotiations...but that Giolito/Robles package would be a pretty decent return for Q or Eaton and I'd be pissed if Hahn led them on so much with Sale that now it'd be impossible for the Nationals to give that up for anything less.

Boston is going to step in and grab Sale. I feel like that's what happened last night, Dombrowski told Hahn to hold his horses.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
America wrote:
I dont want to get too far this rabbit hole because nobody really knows the substance of the Nats/Sox negotiations...but that Giolito/Robles package would be a pretty decent return for Q or Eaton and I'd be pissed if Hahn led them on so much with Sale that now it'd be impossible for the Nationals to give that up for anything less.

Boston is going to step in and grab Sale. I feel like that's what happened last night, Dombrowski told Hahn to hold his horses.

I don't think there is any rush. Rich Hill got $50 million. There better be 5-6 top 150 prospects or 2-3 with a proven good young player. This is Chris Sale, and they are balking at Trea Turner? Fuck that.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next