It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mile High Club
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
When you play Reliever Roulette it's just a matter of which guy will blow the game.

Part of the reason this happened is because Giolito sucked early, then piled up pitches as he walked guys in the middle of the game.

But its all good. Giolito I'm told as a front line guy because he has a better playoff era than Mark Buehrle did.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
When you play Reliever Roulette it's just a matter of which guy will blow the game.

Part of the reason this happened is because Giolito sucked early, then piled up pitches as he walked guys in the middle of the game.

But its all good. Giolito I'm told as a front line guy because he has a better playoff era than Mark Buehrle did.

The bright lights, Brick Coztansa.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

3 games back of the bright lights, and Giolito's 5+ ERA and injury is absolutely part of the reason why

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:46 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
3 games back of the bright lights, and Giolito's 5+ ERA and injury is absolutely part of the reason why

Of course. But is he cooked? If he isn't traded, which is highly likely, what do you want to do, besides blow a blood vessel in your head?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
There is too much negative energy from Sox fans. Sometimes I'm not sure if some fans truly want the Sox to win. When they play poorly, it's confirmation that they suck. When they play well, it just means that they will suck tomorrow. It comes off like some are hate watching and miserable fans.

This carries absolutely zero weight coming from some supposed Sox fan who wrapped himself in a W flag like a toga in 2016 while cheering on the Cubs in the Duracell Amoco Bud Light Budweiser bleachers.

Factually incorrect. I took a photo with the W flag in St Thomas. I didn't have on any Cubs gear for that game 6 against the Dodgers. Me being a lifelong fan of the Cubs and White Sox doesn't exactly let you off the hook for being a miserable Sox fan this season. You can't be Meatball Frank when you're in agreement with Caller Bob.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
There is too much negative energy from Sox fans. Sometimes I'm not sure if some fans truly want the Sox to win. When they play poorly, it's confirmation that they suck. When they play well, it just means that they will suck tomorrow. It comes off like some are hate watching and miserable fans.

When does the " when they play well " part of that equation start ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Of course. But is he cooked? If he isn't traded, which is highly likely, what do you want to do, besides blow a blood vessel in your head?

You will get more value for him in a trade than you would signing him to a long-term deal. Let somebody else think he's a #1 and pay him $22 million a year to labor thru 5 innings.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:

Expectations and standards can be a terrible thing.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I lived and died with both when I was younger. If that's the bar, I am a terrible fan now. Life/Responsibilities has made it more challenging to fan the same way recently. The Bulls were in first place for a chunk of the season and I probably watched 30 complete games. The Bears are the only team that I'm locked in on for the entire season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:25 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

You will get more value for him in a trade than you would signing him to a long-term deal. Let somebody else think he's a #1 and pay him $22 million a year to labor thru 5 innings.

Good luck in the 4 days remaining. Hope it works out for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

The White Sox are an incredibly stupid organization. I have very little confidence they will do the right thing.

The smart play would be to move Lucas in the off season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas you cant be mad at Sox fans ripping this team or call them bad fans. The way the White Sox have played this year the fans have every right to be down on them. Theyve done nothing to earn any sort of optimism from them. Shit, after 16 any Cub fan worth their salt could tell something was off , they werent going to really contend ,and they were 10 games over .500 a lot of the time. Sox fans were okay getting drummed out of the playoffs last year as a learning experience, with the expectation they would contend for a WS this year. Theyve been a .500 team playing in a shit division for over a year now. I dont blame fans for not being patient .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:34 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The White Sox are an incredibly stupid organization. I have very little confidence they will do the right thing.

And in the meantime? Keep trotting him out there watching his ERA ascend? For chrissake, He's KEUCHEL!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

"If You Got A Chip You Got A Chance" and the Sox definitely have a chance.
Sox are 3 games out. No need for all of the negativity imo. Baseball is a different kind of grind. Any team can catch fire at any time and win it all.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas you cant be mad at Sox fans ripping this team or call them bad fans. The way the White Sox have played this year the fans have every right to be down on them. Theyve done nothing to earn any sort of optimism from them. Shit, after 16 any Cub fan worth their salt could tell something was off , they werent going to really contend ,and they were 10 games over .500 a lot of the time. Sox fans were okay getting drummed out of the playoffs last year as a learning experience, with the expectation they would contend for a WS this year. Theyve been a .500 team playing in a shit division for over a year now. I dont blame fans for not being patient .

Progress isn't usually linear. Ideally, you would rather be the Yankees, Dodgers, or the Astros. That still isn't a guarantee of playoff success. The Braves weren't the best team last season. They won without their best player. Similar to the way the Nationals did a couple of years before that. The Dodgers have bought an all star team, and they just have a Covid-19 World Series to show for it.

I see the Sox as a team with the pitching and bats to make noise IF they make the playoffs. I see a schedule and a division where that's still a possibility. I get some of the frustration. I don't like Giolito either. I'm still hopeful when it comes to this season and the future of this team.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Not a Sox fan (and honestly not a hater) but curious, if they decided to sell, could they make a haul?

Cause let's face it, you split at Colorado, you're not trying to win this year.

Who do they have that is tradeable that would bring a haul?

Cease, Kopech, Anderson, Robert, Vaughn.

Exactly no one in that group is getting traded.

They are not gutting this thing and starting over right now. Those guys are going to be a part of this core for the next few years.

I answered the question. You just didn't like the answer.

Has nothing to do with me not liking the answer. It just is not a reasonable answer.

And aren't you the guy that has lamented over and over how dumb it is for a team to tank? If the Sox trade all those guys they are tanking and entering into a rebuild that you are not going to like.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
These fuckers… took them +320 when they were down early, looked like a win, and then they blow it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sox are 3 games out. No need for all of the negativity imo. Baseball is a different kind of grind. Any team can catch fire at any time and win it all.

Since the All Star break last season, the Sox are 4 games under .500

That includes a 1-3 performance in the playoffs last season, as well as two different seven game winning streaks.

Being honest and saying the team has underachieved isn't being negative.

In other words, Nas, they are not progressing. They are regressing. I've said MANY times given the terrible division the Sox still may end up getting into the playoffs. Thats not good enough. They are not a World Series team. This was supposed to be a World Series season. Anything short of winning the American League pennant is a complete and total failure this season. That's the bar. If you want to accept mediocrity then you go right ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

That includes a 1-3 performance in the playoffs last season, as well as two different seven game winning streaks.

In other words, Nas, they are not progressing. They are regressing. I've said MANY times given the terrible division the Sox still may end up getting into the playoffs. Thats not good enough. They are not a World Series team. This was supposed to be a World Series season. Anything short of winning the American League pennant is a complete and total failure this season. That's the bar. If you want to accept mediocrity then you go right ahead.

If that is the case, it would suck to be a fan of the Dodgers. Despite being able to print more money than any team in baseball, they've failed a lot. I think you're being a little unreasonable about this season, but your bar is your bar. Besides, I know you'll be drinking kool-aid with me if they get to the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:49 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

You don't know what they are. What "we" do know is that they are currently 3 games out which means they are still "very much in it". And I don't much care if they are failing to meet YOUR expectations. They are still in it based upon the "MATH", which is all that matters.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I emotionally unplugged from this team after the Twins had their way with them earlier this month and I'm happy again. It's now like taking in a baseball game during the rebuild. I'm just a guy experiencing baseball. I don't care what happened before, I don't care what happens next. It's the only way I've found to be a Sox fan and not risk something detrimental to my health.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:13 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

You don't know what they are. What "we" do know is that they are currently 3 games out which means they are still "very much in it". And I don't much care if they are failing to meet YOUR expectations. They are still in it based upon the "MATH", which is all that matters.

Frank and Antioch probably put more time into this shitheap of mediocrity than anybody here. I dare anybody to watch this team on a regular and not throw up. THE TEAM is the petri dish that blossoms the ambivalence. If the Sox win the division, I will feel a little bit dirty. One thing that amuses me though is they think they're grindy. With their hangnails and their leg cramps and their empty heads blundering around the field like little leaguers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:41 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Frank and Antioch probably put more time into this shitheap of mediocrity than anybody here. I dare anybody to watch this team on a regular and not throw up. THE TEAM is the petri dish that blossoms the ambivalence. If the Sox win the division, I will feel a little bit dirty. One thing that amuses me though is they think they're grindy. With their hangnails and their leg cramps and their empty heads blundering around the field like little leaguers.

So what? MANY here also put "more time" into "hate listening" to the Score for years than anyone "else here" too. When you listen to the comments posted about the Sox here, there is no way you could ever walk away feeling anything but the negativity that MANY (not just Cub fans either) have towards the team. It didn't just start this year either. Its been there every year since I began posting here. If you ONLY read the comments here never bothering to check anywhere else, you'd think the team was 15-20,games out right now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Bernstein's Kosher Pizza
This baserunning.

Worst I have ever seen on a Sox team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=128401#p3831861

Quote:
You won't hear me complain about defensive shortcomings. That's a tradeoff that was made in assembling the team. We have all these sluggers and we'll live with the mediocre defense and a lot of defensive errors and we'll just slug our way past them. Okay, fine. That's one way to build a team.

But here's the problem. They constantly make defensive errors and give the other team extra outs and runs that shouldn't have scored. But then when they get on offense where they're supposed to slug their way over the defensive errors, they are being compromised by sacrifice bunts and giving up outs on the bases. So you have the worst of all possible worlds.

This is what I was talking about. Yesterday's game likely hinged on Garcia getting picked off third with the bases loaded. A hit there makes the game nearly unwinnable for Colorado. But the big slugging White Sox never got that chance because of yet another dumb play that led to an out on the bases.

You might argue that we can't assume they would have scored there. Sure, that's true. But it wasn't a one time incident or a rarity. They hamstring themselves with this shit all the time.

This team is built to slug. Whether they can do that or not remains to be seen. But it's frustrating to watch the possibility compromised by wasted outs in the form of pick-offs, caught stealings, and sacrifice bunts that are constipating the offense.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:35 am 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
You don't know what they are.
We have a sample of size of 175 games that says they win games at about a .480-.490 clip.
The Missing Link wrote:
What "we" do know is that they are currently 3 games out which means they are still "very much in it".
I've acknowledged that. I've also said a dozen times now that they still might win the division. "I" do know that the Sox could and should be two games out, but they played like idiots yesterday.
The Missing Link wrote:
And I don't much care if they are failing to meet YOUR expectations.
That's because you aren't really a Sox fan, you're just here to argue. MANY other "experts" picked the Sox to win the Pennant and/or World Series.
The Missing Link wrote:
They are still in it based upon the "MATH", which is all that matters.
It's not all that matters, but if you want to accept mediocrity, that's your choice.
The Missing Link wrote:
When you listen to the comments posted about the Sox here, there is no way you could ever walk away feeling anything but the negativity that MANY (not just Cub fans either) have towards the team.
What have the Sox as a team done this year that has been positive. Don't @me with being three games out in a terrible division. In the AL East, the Sox would be in last place. There are worthy performances- Anderson, Abreu, Vaughn, Cease, Cueto, etc- but as a TEAM, what have they done that has been positive this year?
The Missing Link wrote:
If you ONLY read the comments here never bothering to check anywhere else, you'd think the team was 15-20,games out right now.
Because this team has under performed. The Sox should be at least 8-10 games ahead of where they are right now. If you had bothered to watch or follow this club, you would know this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:37 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
So what? MANY here also put "more time" into "hate listening" to the Score for years than anyone "else here" too. When you listen to the comments posted about the Sox here, there is no way you could ever walk away feeling anything but the negativity that MANY (not just Cub fans either) have towards the team. It didn't just start this year either. Its been there every year since I began posting here. If you ONLY read the comments here never bothering to check anywhere else, you'd think the team was 15-20,games out right now.

If the government wants info from terrorists, fuck the waterboarding. Just show them a week's worth of Sox games.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:44 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
If that is the case, it would suck to be a fan of the Dodgers. Despite being able to print more money than any team in baseball, they've failed a lot. I think you're being a little unreasonable about this season, but your bar is your bar. Besides, I know you'll be drinking kool-aid with me if they get to the playoffs.
If my bar is winning the pennant, then the Dodgers have been successful 3 out of the last 5 season. And they are 11 games up in their division right now so they are going to have another crack at it most likely. 2 pennants and a WS Title over 5 years is type of performance that the Sox and all of their legitimate fans SHOULD be striving for. The Dodgers have been more successful since 2017 than Aaron Rodgers has over his entire career. That's a fact.

Playoffs in 2020, Division Title in 2021. Its not unreasonable to ask the Sox to take the next step and win some playoff series. JOrr has been around a long time. My dad is almost 70 years old. They have both see ONE White Sox season in which they were victorious in a postseason series.

No doubt I will be rooting as hard as I can for the Sox should they make the playoffs. I won't be drinking any Kool Aid before the ALCS though. And to be honest, I don't think they can make it that far. I would love to be proven wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:49 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Being honest and saying the team has underachieved isn't being negative. .

None of the comments cited below pertain to the Sox simply "underachieving" or "regressing" however.
Calling them "trash" when they are obviously "mediocre" is being negative. Seemingly wishing for the death of the owner as the only path to victory is negative. Particularly given the fact that he does have a ring and a number of playoff performances to show for it since he has been the owner.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
This team is pure trash. But they arent even worthy of an hnd garbage pick.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
This was supposed to be a World Series team, and they can't manage to get above .500 for more than a couple of days here and there. A Division Title with a first round playoff exit is meaningless this year.
Set the bar higher.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
100% agree. Any legitimate front office would fired the manager and started making moves six weeks ago. But as we have seen time and time again, this is not a legitimate organization. Sadly, IT SHALL REMAIN THAT WAY until Jerry dies or sells.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Keuchel seemed to be the only player who had a set and was willing to look guys in the eye and call them out for lackadaisical and outright stupid mistakes. And he was so bad that he couldn't stick around and his words carried little to no meaning. So White Sox.

Nothing will change with this club until JERRY sells or kicks it. That's just the sad reality here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next