It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: What??
KDdidit wrote:
Yeah keep Kenny around because he does...uh...he really helps with...um...remember when he did that thing recently that made the Sox better? He's really good at drafting his kids I guess. Can't blame the Executive Vice President, that's for sure. The Sox aren't limited to firing one front office guy a season, they can fire 2 if they want.

He comes in the last minute on free agent negotiations and quashes the deals.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Yeah keep Kenny around because he does...uh...he really helps with...um...remember when he did that thing recently that made the Sox better? He's really good at drafting his kids I guess. Can't blame the Executive Vice President, that's for sure. The Sox aren't limited to firing one front office guy a season, they can fire 2 if they want.

Hahn told you that?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:56 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Hahn told you that?

Kenny did.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
RFDC wrote:
I have felt bad for Hahn. He seems like a good guy who has been working in hand cuffs for awhile. But he has not helped himself in the last couple years with his statements. And at the end of the day if he is not getting to run the team the way he wants then he should have quit.

I think some of that is a bit of a copout though. When he wins he is a genius and when he loses it is because he has constraints on him. The guys that came before him all had similar constraints if that is the case and other than "The Hawk Wants You" (for only 1 season) they all performed much better in the gig. How can that be if "Uncle Jerry" is so terrible to work for? He has been by far the Worst G.M. That the Sox have had in my lifetime. And it isn't even close. That is on him first.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

Fans have blamed Kenny and Uncle Jerry for EVERY bad decision while Hahn has been GM. They've given Hahn credit for every good move. Now that they FINALLY recognize that Hahn is bad, they still want Kenny and Uncle Jerry to share his suckage.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:04 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I have felt bad for Hahn. He seems like a good guy who has been working in hand cuffs for awhile. But he has not helped himself in the last couple years with his statements. And at the end of the day if he is not getting to run the team the way he wants then he should have quit.

I think some of that is a bit of a copout though. When he wins he is a genius and when he loses it is because he has constraints on him. The guys that came before him all had similar constraints if that is the case and other than "The Hawk Wants You" (for only 1 season) they all performed much better in the gig. How can that be if "Uncle Jerry" is so terrible to work for? He has been by far the Worst G.M. That the Sox have had in my lifetime. And it isn't even close. That is on him first.

Yeah good points. You very well maybe right. However it is working the time to feel bad for him is over.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:04 am 

It's a copout. When you tell me you've set up the franchise for a sustained run at multiple world series', and I, like a dummy, believe you...well, you're going to hear about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
Fans have blamed Kenny and Uncle Jerry for EVERY bad decision while Hahn has been GM.
This isn't true. Fans blamed Hahn for not getting a legit RF after 2020. Fans blamed Hahn for not getting a legit SP for 2022. Fans blamed Hahn for the failures of 2022. You're simply ignoring this because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Nas wrote:
Now that they FINALLY recognize that Hahn is bad
Its not finally, its been ongoing. See above.

Nas wrote:
Kenny and Uncle Jerry to share his suckage.
Kenny and Jerry absolutely do share in the suckage. This is a fact. You're defense of Jerry has been one Sox move he made nearly 3 decades ago, and that he took care of some Bulls players. Touting what he did for another team in another league speaks for itself.

I'm not defending Hahn at all. He should be gone today. What I am saying is that if Hahn were fired today and there was no other move made, nothing will change with the Sox. Getting rid of Hahn is only one part of getting this franchise started in the right direction.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Mon May 01, 2023 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Kenny was the guy who said Kenny had final say in roster decisions. It was widely talked about - people suggested Hahn should quit in response. Kenny’s the guy who shows up to the clubhouse to tell the team they suck - he’s not some random bystander.

He’s Paxson to Hahn’s Foreman. Nothing changes until they’re both gone.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:09 am 

Nas wrote:
Fans have blamed Kenny and Uncle Jerry for EVERY bad decision while Hahn has been GM. They've given Hahn credit for every good move. Now that they FINALLY recognize that Hahn is bad, they still want Kenny and Uncle Jerry to share his suckage.

Sure, why not? Their greasy fingers are in on it. LaRussa wasn't his choice. Manny Machado was a Kenny fuck up. You think they're in Uncle Jerry's office playing Uno while Hahn does whatever he wants?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sure, why not? Their greasy fingers are in on it. LaRussa wasn't his choice. Manny Machado was a Kenny fuck up. You think they're in Uncle Jerry's office playing Uno while Hahn does whatever he wants?
I made this post in November 2022;

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
What about the balck son mush mouthing about the Machado fiasco. Unlike Harper, we were all in on that one.
I'm sure it was all part of Rick Hahn's grand plan to sign Machado's brother-in-law to ensure he would sign with the Sox as well! Surely that wasn't some shitfuck Kenny or Jerry scheme.
Jerry also offered Machado a bigger payday, right? That was the spin. But a chunk of that money was deferred and another chunk was to be paid during the latter part of the deal. That's Hahn's fault too says Nas.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:13 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

I made this post in November 2022;

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
What about the balck son mush mouthing about the Machado fiasco. Unlike Harper, we were all in on that one.
I'm sure it was all part of Rick Hahn's grand plan to sign Machado's brother-in-law to ensure he would sign with the Sox as well! Surely that wasn't some shitfuck Kenny or Jerry scheme.
Jerry also offered Machado a bigger payday, right? That was the spin. But a chunk of that money was deferred and another chunk was to be paid during the latter part of the deal. That's Hahn's fault too says Nas.

Well, we got Moncada, so, not a problem.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:15 am 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Kenny was the guy who said Kenny had final say in roster decisions. It was widely talked about - people suggested Hahn should quit in response. Kenny’s the guy who shows up to the clubhouse to tell the team they suck - he’s not some random bystander.

Kenny and Paxson had a way of doing things. Hahn and Gar did things completely different than them. It would have been easier for me to blame both if I recognized their fingerprints.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Have they fired Hahn yet?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:24 am 

Nas wrote:

Kenny and Paxson had a way of doing things. Hahn and Gar did things completely different than them. It would have been easier for me to blame both if I recognized their fingerprints.

It’s easiest to start at the boss and fire him (or her!) and all his subordinates. In this case, Kenny’s the boss.

He’s either onboard with Hahn’s fuck-ups or he allowed them to happen.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:34 am 

Nas wrote:

It’s easiest to start at the boss and fire him (or her!) and all his subordinates. In this case, Kenny’s the boss.

Ultimately Reinsdorf's the boss. And I doubt very seriously that Hahn was Kenny's choice to succeed him. Hence the Ultimately Reinsdorf's the boss comment.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:35 am 

Do you really think that Kenny Williams would have drafted Nick Madrigal with the 4th pick in the draft? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I look at this way, even if Kenny is responsible for every good thing that happened this century and Rick is responsible for every bad thing, there's really no reason to keep Kenny (or anyone else) around.

Also, Jerry hasn't been the only constant through the decades of mediocrity, the other constant hs been the fans. If there were more of us and we showed up more often, does anyone think things might be different?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:41 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Ultimately Reinsdorf's the boss. And I doubt very seriously that Hahn was Kenny's choice to succeed him. Hence the Ultimately Reinsdorf's the boss comment.

Well I’d be fine launching Reinsdorf but that’s a much longer putt.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:41 am 
100000 CLUB

The Sox are not very fan friendly. Jorr has a laundry list of things they do to piss off the fans. I'm not quite as upset by some of the moves as he is, but the Sox stick it to the fans every chance they get. Then you have Hahn or Kenny or whoever chastising the fans thru the media for not showing up. GTFO with that nonense.

Put a winner on the field and the fans will come. The drew over 2 million last year and averaged nearly 20K per game in 2021, and that was with the first month of the season being Covid capped at 8K or whatever it was.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 12:04 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
I look at this way, even if Kenny is responsible for every good thing that happened this century and Rick is responsible for every bad thing, there's really no reason to keep Kenny (or anyone else) around.

Also, Jerry hasn't been the only constant through the decades of mediocrity, the other constant hs been the fans. If there were more of us and we showed up more often, does anyone think things might be different?

Whether Kenny stays or goes is immaterial to the job Hahn has done. This is Rick Hahn's team plain and simple. These are his players and this is his vision. WE can "focus" on Kenny all "WE" want but unless "WE" can demonstrate that this is his team then it is wasted energy. As stated previously, I really don't think Hahn is even his hire.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon May 01, 2023 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 12:06 pm 

Well I’d be fine launching Reinsdorf but that’s a much longer putt.

The shareholders could vote him out if they wanted to but ultimately I believe that he is going to die in that role.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 3:53 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:

I've already addressed this. It was a 50/50 town when he bought it. He did the ONTV, he fired Caray, he threatened to move to St Pete because Comiskey sucks and we suck and demanded that taxpayers "pay their fair share".

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Yeah, ownership has no culpability here. Its 100% on Hahn.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Did you read that thread? What statement bothers you the most?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

If he wants to win he has a weird way of showing it recently.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:13 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Even by this weakest of standards, Jerry has failed as the Sox owner.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

I've already addressed this. It was a 50/50 town when he bought it. He did the ONTV, he fired Caray, he threatened to move to St Pete because Comiskey sucks and we suck and demanded that taxpayers "pay their fair share".

Fair enough, but the degradation of the fan base is not 100% on him. There are several factors that have caused the fan base to dwindle. The two biggest ones that are top of mind for me are the ascendancy of the Wrigley area as a party destination and the decreased economic vitality of the Southside and South and Southwest Suburban Cook County. Just in case someone thinks I'm taking a shot at those areas, I'm not. My entire family is from the Southside or Northwest Indiana and I grew up in Southwest Suburban Cook County.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:34 pm 

Last year it was just get rid of Larussa and all would be right with the world. This is Rick Hahn's team.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next