It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
vitoscotti wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
wow i didnt know Vaugh was already an all star and future hall of famer without taking even 1 real MLB AB. Amazing you White Sox fans!

Who, exactly, has said that? Quote it here please.

Otherwise, stay out of White Sox business you fucking worthless piece of doodoo.

Upset at thread continuity, Cubs fans in Sox section, insulting posters, posting 85,000 times. Might be time for serious self examination. This board shouldn't be your whole life.

This guy gets it. Posting that often is a cry for help. Read a book. Walk the dog.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:32 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Wonderful insight.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
really good shit here -

https://www.reddit.com/r/whitesox/comme ... rick_hahn/

Hawk
ricker182
23 hours ago

He's an awful fielder.

Why the Sox can't admit that, I'll never know.
level 2
pokisan
23 hours ago

bruh.

the sox already know that. you don’t think they already suggested he play DH full time after the first couple of injuries??

Eloy has stated before he wanted play LF. this is ALL Eloy’s doing.

this was all to appease his selfishness to play LF and not relegated to DH.
level 3

surfnsound
23 hours ago

Then it's the Sox fault for letting themselves be bullied by a player. Do you think he would sit out? Do a year in the independent leagues? This isn't the NFL. You play where management puts you.
level 4

gettheledout7
23 hours ago

I’m not sure why this is so hard for people to understand, the FO wanted him in left because if he could play a passable left field he is much much more valuable to the team. Of course he would be a phenomenal DH and he’d be healthier, but guess what if you pigeon hole him there the team isn’t as good. Not to mention the absolute log jam that is the 1B/DH spot. The kid just passed 170 games, it’s not ridiculous for the FO to think he could become an ok left fielder. Obviously the worst case scenario just happened but the logic leading up to this is not as shocking as some of you think. Should he stick in left? After this, probably not. But don’t sit there and act like this was some dumb decision because it wasn’t. Bad outcome? Absolutely, but you give the 23/24 year old slugger a chance to figure it out.
level 5
IlliniBull
21 hours ago

You make some good points, but conversely, SIGN someone as a backup option. There's just way too many "thinks" there in that contention that Eloy thinks he can be a good LF and the FO thinks it will increase his value and everyone thinks this that and the other, in the FACE of the contradicting evidence that Eloy is just AWFUL out there.

It's one thing to know a guy is good. It's another thing to HOPE a guy is good at something, despite all the evidence showing you he is NOT, and then betting the farm on him somehow being good at it with no backup plan.

We did the latter. That's just plain DUMB by the FO.
level 6

gettheledout7
20 hours ago

This team is still very young, I’m not gonna lambast them for letting the kids play and seeing what works and what doesn’t. If you stick Eloy at DH Vaughn will not get the ABs he needs. He’s ready for the jump, taxi squad or bench bat doesn’t help either parties. Both of these guys are under 25, why limit yourself down the road if you have options in house right now? Is it so ridiculous to think “give Eloy left in 2021, if he still stinks then it’s Plan B next offseason”? When Vaughn starts to rake this year maybe you’ll get it.

Sports are full of what ifs man, you don’t get answers to those questions by just refusing to play guys. Bottom line is the FO felt comfortable with Eaton/Engel/Leury to man right field and cover for injuries/off days. That’s not a ridiculous plan. There’s only so many roster spots to go around, where’s this magical piece that solves the problem of no Eloy? George Springer? Ok sure, but lots of teams were gunning for him and signing a marquee FA isn’t a sure thing. His contract could be an albatross in few years, with this much young talent I’d say leaving a lot of payroll open for extensions is a good move. Outside of that, Brantley? Joc? Brantley wanted to stay in Houston, Joc wanted to play every day. You say SIGN SOMEONE as if it’s so easy to tell a free agent “hey if Eloy fucks the dog out in left it’s all you, if not well enjoy your platoon gig”.
level 7
IlliniBull
20 hours ago

We're in our World Series window. The FO knew Eloy sucked in the field going into the season.

You can't plan for your Plan B next season, when your entire team and FO wants to win a World Series. They can't say well we'll try Eloy in LF, but we have no Plan B. That's a failure. Especially, when your owner insists on hiring a manager with World Series experience.

The organization cannot have this BOTH ways. They want to. They cannot. Either they think they are in their World Series window or they don't. They've never answered that question or made commensurate moves. If you think you are in your World Series window and you're serious about winning it, you don't leave Eloy out in LF to start with no other plan.

It's not a shock Eloy got injured in LF. He did it last year. More than once. This is on Eloy and the FO.

----

And this
https://www.reddit.com/r/whitesox/comme ... are_upset/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
HawaiiYou wrote:
really good shit here -

https://www.reddit.com/r/whitesox/comme ... rick_hahn/

Hawk
ricker182
23 hours ago

He's an awful fielder.

Why the Sox can't admit that, I'll never know.
level 2
pokisan
23 hours ago

bruh.

the sox already know that. you don’t think they already suggested he play DH full time after the first couple of injuries??

Eloy has stated before he wanted play LF. this is ALL Eloy’s doing.

this was all to appease his selfishness to play LF and not relegated to DH.
level 3

surfnsound
23 hours ago

Then it's the Sox fault for letting themselves be bullied by a player. Do you think he would sit out? Do a year in the independent leagues? This isn't the NFL. You play where management puts you.
level 4

gettheledout7
23 hours ago

I’m not sure why this is so hard for people to understand, the FO wanted him in left because if he could play a passable left field he is much much more valuable to the team. Of course he would be a phenomenal DH and he’d be healthier, but guess what if you pigeon hole him there the team isn’t as good. Not to mention the absolute log jam that is the 1B/DH spot. The kid just passed 170 games, it’s not ridiculous for the FO to think he could become an ok left fielder. Obviously the worst case scenario just happened but the logic leading up to this is not as shocking as some of you think. Should he stick in left? After this, probably not. But don’t sit there and act like this was some dumb decision because it wasn’t. Bad outcome? Absolutely, but you give the 23/24 year old slugger a chance to figure it out.
level 5
IlliniBull
21 hours ago

You make some good points, but conversely, SIGN someone as a backup option. There's just way too many "thinks" there in that contention that Eloy thinks he can be a good LF and the FO thinks it will increase his value and everyone thinks this that and the other, in the FACE of the contradicting evidence that Eloy is just AWFUL out there.

It's one thing to know a guy is good. It's another thing to HOPE a guy is good at something, despite all the evidence showing you he is NOT, and then betting the farm on him somehow being good at it with no backup plan.

We did the latter. That's just plain DUMB by the FO.
level 6

gettheledout7
20 hours ago

This team is still very young, I’m not gonna lambast them for letting the kids play and seeing what works and what doesn’t. If you stick Eloy at DH Vaughn will not get the ABs he needs. He’s ready for the jump, taxi squad or bench bat doesn’t help either parties. Both of these guys are under 25, why limit yourself down the road if you have options in house right now? Is it so ridiculous to think “give Eloy left in 2021, if he still stinks then it’s Plan B next offseason”? When Vaughn starts to rake this year maybe you’ll get it.

Sports are full of what ifs man, you don’t get answers to those questions by just refusing to play guys. Bottom line is the FO felt comfortable with Eaton/Engel/Leury to man right field and cover for injuries/off days. That’s not a ridiculous plan. There’s only so many roster spots to go around, where’s this magical piece that solves the problem of no Eloy? George Springer? Ok sure, but lots of teams were gunning for him and signing a marquee FA isn’t a sure thing. His contract could be an albatross in few years, with this much young talent I’d say leaving a lot of payroll open for extensions is a good move. Outside of that, Brantley? Joc? Brantley wanted to stay in Houston, Joc wanted to play every day. You say SIGN SOMEONE as if it’s so easy to tell a free agent “hey if Eloy fucks the dog out in left it’s all you, if not well enjoy your platoon gig”.
level 7
IlliniBull
20 hours ago

We're in our World Series window. The FO knew Eloy sucked in the field going into the season.

You can't plan for your Plan B next season, when your entire team and FO wants to win a World Series. They can't say well we'll try Eloy in LF, but we have no Plan B. That's a failure. Especially, when your owner insists on hiring a manager with World Series experience.

The organization cannot have this BOTH ways. They want to. They cannot. Either they think they are in their World Series window or they don't. They've never answered that question or made commensurate moves. If you think you are in your World Series window and you're serious about winning it, you don't leave Eloy out in LF to start with no other plan.

It's not a shock Eloy got injured in LF. He did it last year. More than once. This is on Eloy and the FO.

----

And this
https://www.reddit.com/r/whitesox/comme ... are_upset/

cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm so fucking pissed at Eloy. Fucking spring training game. And he's reaching for a ball that he can't get. Then hanging on the wall to be a showboat. Now he's out for 5 months.

Dumb ass.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Trump Pies delivered by fwank
Eloy is ovah. No way he has what it's gonna take to fully rehab. Too much work and PAIN.
He will never make it back to being useful.

Our Cubans would be ready in 4 months.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

37 tendons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:13 pm 

37 paternity tests

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:14 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Cheap Charlie wrote:
37 paternity tests

Antonio Cromartie switched to baseball?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Additional examination shows injury not as bad as thought. He will be out 4 to 5 months and will be back by late July or August now.

Going to be fresh and in the groove for October DEMING duties.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:19 am 

I really hope they give Collins a nice, long look at DH during this time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Additional examination shows injury not as bad as thought. He will be out 4 to 5 months and will be back by late July or August now.

Hahn said this injury is far more common in football players, so there is a bit of an unknown as to a baseball player rehabbing and returning sooner than expected. Fingers crossed he can DH some in Sept, and hopefully through October.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:

What happens if he is successful?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Cashman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Trade Grandal at the deadline. He can go fool some other team with his framing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nardi wrote:
Cashman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Agreed.
Defensively speaking I would have preferred to have signed McCann, but here we are.
This team is looking pretty DH heavy at this point once Eloy comes back.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:36 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Cashman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Agreed.
Defensively speaking I would have preferred to have signed McCann, but here we are.
This team is looking pretty DH heavy at this point once Eloy comes back.

That's the blessing in disguise. There's no argument, even from Eloy, that he should not own a glove. My rainbows and candy canes wish is to put Vaughn in left and split Collins/Grandal DH until August. I understand that's awfully risky with a world series contender.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:31 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Hahn said this injury is far more common in football players, so there is a bit of an unknown as to a baseball player rehabbing and returning sooner than expected. Fingers crossed he can DH some in Sept, and hopefully through October.

Live look at Eloys rehab...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:32 am 
100000 CLUB

Could very well be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:12 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Live look at Eloys rehab...

Very smart post. What are the odds Eloy hurts himself rehabbing? Pulls a hammy or gets concussed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:52 pm 

denisdman wrote:
On another note, I was listening to ESPN 1000, and they said it is possible that the Sox bullpen is so good they might not give up the lead past the 5th inning all year.

Oops

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Super bullpen not so super.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:56 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
RFDC wrote:
denisdman wrote:
On another note, I was listening to ESPN 1000, and they said it is possible that the Sox bullpen is so good they might not give up the lead past the 5th inning all year.

Oops

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:21 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Watch them blow it Opening Day :lol:

The Sox pen could be incredibly good, but to say the Sox won't lose a game all year if the lead after 5 innings is ridiculous.
This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:49 am 

Unearned runs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:00 am 

RFDC wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Oops

Yeah that just didn't seem to age too well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Oops

Yeah that just didn't seem to age too well.

Go read a box score

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Unearned runs.
A super bullpen would pitch over that.

But, fuck Madirgal. He cost them Game 2 in Oakland, and likely cost them last night.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:05 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Unearned runs.
A super bullpen would pitch over that.

But, fuck Madirgal. He cost them Game 2 in Oakland, and likely cost them last night.

Pitch over a routine DP? Tough ask when Trout comes to bat, don't you think?

The Super bullpen had a suddenly squeezed strike zone and pitched over it just fine. How about our Super lineup swinging at garbage for 9 innings? I love Robert but his two strike Avi Garcia impression drives me bonkers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

A Super Bullpen would have gotten the next out. I'm just saying. Sox pen may end up being very, very good. But they aren't going to be invincible. Also, Grandal still sucks.

Hopefully the bats wake up and get the the win tonight. Taking 2 of the next 3 would be really nice after last night's mess in the 8th.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next