It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Nice to see a strong finish for him. He had slowed down considerably from the pace he had.

Now on to Kannapolis.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nardi wrote:
If you're going to take Sanchez' job and give it to Moncada based on upside, you better trade Sanchez or else there's going to be a shitload of trouble in the clubhouse. Sanchez has earned his spot, Moncada hasn't earned shit, and everybody in that dugout knows it.

Maybe but as far as I am concerned neither player has earned a spot. Not yet anyway. I think that sometimes you need to throw out the up to the minute "stats" with young players and just look at the tool set that they have. I project Moncada to be a borderline all star down the road. HE just needs to make more contact and figure things out. He is only 23 years old. Most 23 year old players are at double A, not getting their experience in the bigs.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
If you're going to take Sanchez' job and give it to Moncada based on upside, you better trade Sanchez or else there's going to be a shitload of trouble in the clubhouse. Sanchez has earned his spot, Moncada hasn't earned shit, and everybody in that dugout knows it.

Maybe but as far as I am concerned neither player has earned a spot. Not yet anyway. I think that sometimes you need to throw out the up to the minute "stats" with young players and just look at the tool set that they have. I project Moncada to be a borderline all star down the road. HE just needs to make more contact and figure things out. He is only 23 years old. Most 23 year old players are at double A, not getting their experience in the bigs.

Among 3rd Basemen, he ranks 11th defensively and 17th offensively. So yeah, he's earned it. He's a bonafide starting 3rd Baseman. Has been since he took over at 3rd. We'd all like better, but don't shit on him with this bullshit "utility man" stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:37 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Among 3rd Basemen, he ranks 11th defensively and 17th offensively. So yeah, he's earned it. He's a bonafide starting 3rd Baseman. Has been since he took over at 3rd. We'd all like better, but don't shit on him with this bullshit "utility man" stuff.

I just disagree. 3rd base is a power position. They need a power able person to fill it. Its like the argument about our catching. It sucks over-all as a position also. Sanchez is one of those guys on most teams who can make the team as a 23rd to 25th player for a couple of years but in no way is your starter long term.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:

[sarcasm]But his WAR![/sarcasm]
I just disagree. 3rd base is a power position. They need a power able person to fill it. Its like the argument about our catching. It sucks over-all as a position also. Sanchez is one of those guys on most teams who can make the team as a 23rd to 25th player for a couple of years but in no way is your starter long term.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 am 

Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:

That's fine. But your suggestion was handing a .395 slugging 2nd baseman 3B is also kinda funny.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:59 am 

Nardi wrote:
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:

That's fine. But your suggestion was handing a .395 slugging 2nd baseman 3B is also kinda funny.

I don't think your opinion is in any way funny. Don't get me wrong. We are just talking about a couple of young baseball players. We both may be wrong or right.

I am just projecting what I feel is the make-up of Moncada's tool set. I like his swing for starters. I like his power from the left side. I like his age and the fact that he now has faced two years of major league pitching. He has good speed although that will diminish as he gets bigger.

With Moncada, the book is still out, in fact it has only started. Typically a prospect like him is only at 2A. HE may not make it. But based on what I see, I think that he will be an all-star in a couple of years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:04 am 

Moncada has to rework his swing from both sides of the plate. It's a 2-part swing that he almost turns into a 3-part swing. It's foot down early, pivot then go. He has no rhythm or timing. As my guy Marty would say....kid can't dance!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

I don't think your opinion is in any way funny. Don't get me wrong. We are just talking about a couple of young baseball players. We both may be wrong or right.

I am just projecting what I feel is the make-up of Moncada's tool set. I like his swing for starters. I like his power from the left side. I like his age and the fact that he now has faced two years of major league pitching. He has good speed although that will diminish as he gets bigger.

With Moncada, the book is still out, in fact it has only started. Typically a prospect like him is only at 2A. HE may not make it. But based on what I see, I think that he will be an all-star in a couple of years.

It wasn't you that said 3B should be handed to Moncada. It was Cashman. As far as his swing, it ain't quick enough for his late decisions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Moncada has to rework his swing from both sides of the plate. It's a 2-part swing that he almost turns into a 3-part swing. It's foot down early, pivot then go. He has no rhythm or timing. As my guy Marty would say....kid can't dance!

I think that his main problem is pulling his head off of the pitch. Too many times he doesn't follow the ball all through the swing. If you pull your head off, any contact that you have will be luck.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 am 

When you have a bad setup it’s going to lead to a lot of bad habits. He has to rework his swing to get shorter and more repeatable. He definitely has the athleticism and strength to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
America wrote:
I feel like if Dunning were having Tommy John wed know by now.
Better late than never? :cry: :cry: :(

Quote:
GLENDALE, Ariz. — The White Sox are fearing the worst but hoping for the best for right-hander Dane Dunning.

Dunning, the Sox’ sixth-ranked prospect, will be evaluated Monday for the second time since he abruptly stopped his throwing program two weeks ago due to discomfort in his right forearm, general manager Rick Hahn said Wednesday.

“Everything is on the table including a potential Tommy John surgery,” Hahn said.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/dan ... hahn-says/

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:58 am 

Sometimes forearm pain means TJ. Sometimes it's just forearm pain. Dunning went and saw Dr Andrews and he said, "I dunno".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Only tangentially Sox related, but this was cool the other day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Only tangentially Sox related, but this was cool the other day.

Old-school dad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:44 am 
100000 CLUB

Robert hit two homers and a double last night.

https://sports.yahoo.com/white-sox-pros ... 15914.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:28 am 

Collins also hit two bombs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
Now that’s what I like to hear.

Great fan comments in that yahoo article as well.

Quote:
I’ve seen more Yahoo! articles lately on the Chicago White Sox than I have on all the people getting shot in Chicago. Did everyone give up their guns or is murder what people do in Chicago to get from football season to baseball season?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:16 am 

Collins hit his 4th

Hopefully he will be as good as Narvaez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:11 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Collins hit his 4th

Hopefully better than Crash Davis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/white ... ee-to-deal

Traded for a washed-up pitcher in a couple of years

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:01 am 

Robert is destroying high A ball. This guy needs to move up ASAP.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 am 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Collins hit his 4th

Hopefully better than Crash Davis

Strong rumors abound that Crash is managing the Durham team well and will be the next major league manager named, hopefully when Renteria gets fired. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Cashman wrote:
Robert is destroying high A ball. This guy needs to move up ASAP.

Don't move him too quickly, you will injure him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Lou Bob out with a hand injury.

Hopefully nothing serious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 am 

Castillo amazes me at how bad a catcher he is. That passed ball on the first strike-out of the game by Lopez was pathetic. He is just a lazy blob of goo behind the plate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:44 pm 

Robert, Burdi up to AA

Walker to High-A

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Mercy

Right-hander Ryan Burr recently had Tommy John surgery and will miss the rest of the season. He had a 4.58 ERA in 16 appearances for the White Sox this season.

The injuries are also piling up in a big way in the White Sox's farm system. Double-A right-hander Zack Burdi will miss the rest of the season after tearing a ligament in his patella. The 24-year-old Burdi was struggling mightily this season, posting a 6.41 ERA and 1.88 WHIP in 17 relief appearances for Birmingham.

Double-A right-hander Jimmy Lambert recently underwent Tommy John surgery and will miss the remainder of the year. He had a 4.55 ERA in 11 starts for Birmingham.

Third baseman Jake Burger, whom the White Sox selected in the first round in 2017, has a bruised left heel and is day-to-day. There's no timetable for his return. He missed all of 2018 with a ruptured Achilles, which is re-tore in May 2018 to delay his readiness for 2019. The organization's hope is that he'll return to get some action at the tail end of this season, perhaps in instructional league, which starts in mid-September. If not then, he could possibly return to action in the Arizona Fall League.

Triple-A right-hander Ian Hamilton will also miss the remainder of the season after being struck by a line drive a few weeks ago. He'll need surgery to fix facial fractures and to repair his jaw. Hamilton, 24, was struggling in recording a 9.92 ERA in 16 relief appearances

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:32 pm 

Complete shitshow with these injuries...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I'm pretty sure Jake Burger is never going to see the show in his career.
That's whole lotta Tommy John surgery there. ouch.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next