It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sell off 2016
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
They should have taken that deal, Then move Sale in the off season.

Melky and Eaton could be moved and get some value back, I don't see anybody taking Robertson.. Could probably get somebody to take on Frasier and Shields contracts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Quintana is worth more.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I definitely trust whitesoxdave.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
Quintana is worth more.

Benintendi is .312/.378/.532 across A+ and AA this season.

Kopech has a 1.61 ERA across 5 starts in A+ this season.

I'm not disagreeing that the deal reported was a little light, but how much more would you want for Quintana? Would you demand Benintendi, Kopech, and Mancada?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:29 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Is he kin to Cicero Dave?

If true, and the Sox did not take that deal for Quintana, then they are never moving him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Nas wrote:
Quintana is worth more.

Benintendi is .312/.378/.532 across A+ and AA this season.

Kopech has a 1.61 ERA across 5 starts in A+ this season.

I'm not disagreeing that the deal reported was a little light, but how much more would you want for Quintana? Would you demand Benintendi, Kopech, and Mancada?

You need guys that are ML ready. I'm confident that the Sox can do better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:31 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

He's had White Sox stuff on Twitter before other people. Not Bob Nightengale, of course, but I doubt he's making things up

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
that deal will be there in the offseason.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:57 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

Maybe, but perhaps not in the way you think. Boston needs help in the outfield. Whatever the question is, Brock Holt isn't the answer in left. Chris Young will be in the last year of his deal, and Benintendi may look like The Answer in LF. If that is the case, the Sox this Winter could be asking the Sawx to trade the guy that have penciled in for 100+ starts in LF in the majors for Jose Quintana, and at that point Benintendi becomes a bigger piece in that deal than he already is, as his role shifts from "prospect" to "ML starter" and in that case the package may shrink around Kopech and Benintendi, rather than stagnate or get bigger/more valuable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:

Maybe, but perhaps not in the way you think. Boston needs help in the outfield. Whatever the question is, Brock Holt isn't the answer in left. Chris Young will be in the last year of his deal, and Benintendi may look like The Answer in LF. If that is the case, the Sox this Winter could be asking the Sawx to trade the guy that have penciled in for 100+ starts in LF in the majors for Jose Quintana, and at that point Benintendi becomes a bigger piece in that deal than he already is, as his role shifts from "prospect" to "ML starter" and in that case the package may shrink around Kopech and Benintendi, rather than stagnate or get bigger/more valuable.

I think you are overvaluing the Red Sox prospects. None of them have proven they can play at the ML level. You don't trade a guy like Quintana with a team friendly contracts for a couple of guys playing well at A ball.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hatchetman wrote:

The Red Sox are not the only potential trade partner in an entire off season.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Nas wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I think you are overvaluing the Red Sox prospects. None of them have proven they can play at the ML level. You don't trade a guy like Quintana with a team friendly contracts for a couple of guys playing well at A ball.

Yeah, it would be hard to make that trade--if they give up Quintata over the winter, they need to get back guys who can play within 2017 because they need the players and. mostly, because Quintana is worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
If the Red Sox were willing to give up Benintendi, Kopech and Johnsom/Ball for Quintana I have little doubt the Sox could have pried a Swihart, Benintendi, Devers, Kopech package for Sale.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:14 am 

America wrote:
If the Red Sox were willing to give up Benintendi, Kopech and Johnsom/Ball for Quintana I have little doubt the Sox could have pried a Swihart, Benintendi, Devers, Kopech package for Sale.

Problem is the White Sox would have probably said that was not enough for Sale.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:19 am 

America wrote:

I think they could have gotten a Bentintendi/Kopech/Devers package for Quintana. Boston was right....there....but if they didn't even actively engage this offer and throw out a counter, Hahn should be fired immediately.

Any package for Sale from Boston would have to include Moncada, and at that point you can't get much more back and still be reasonable. I'd rather they trade Sale for a package not so top-heavy from an organization like the Rangers or Dodgers. I'd rather have 2-3 Tier 1a prospects (Mazara, Gallo, Urias, etc.) than 1 Tier 1 guy (Moncada) and throwaway projects.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The Sox undoubtedly didn't want to look bad by not getting the Red Sox #1 prospect for Sale. If Yoan Moncada doesn't exist, or better yet if Swihart, Benintedi, Devers and Kopech were from the Rangers system, the Sox take that deal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Nas wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

And yet you shit on the Chapman deal?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
America wrote:

That is not enough for Sale. Its not just that you are getting one of the top pitchers in baseball, but you are also paying him pennies on the dollar in terms of what other pitchers are signing for right now.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:46 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
America wrote:

That is not enough for Sale. Its not just that you are getting one of the top pitchers in baseball, but you are also paying him pennies on the dollar in terms of what other pitchers are signing for right now.

Is there a package out there, this is enough for Sale that someone is willing to pay?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
still think it was a mistake not to deal him now. in addition to the plum market that existed just now, there's always the chance he could get injured between now and the offseason, or just suck really bad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm not sure that now is a plum market. More teams will be bidding in the off season.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
I'm not sure that now is a plum market. More teams will be bidding in the off season.

i think the same teams that were in the hunt for him at the trade deadline will be the same ones after him in the offseason....i don't really see the Braves or the Reds putting together a solid offer in the off season

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:42 am 

Bagels wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

i think the same teams that were in the hunt for him at the trade deadline will be the same ones after him in the offseason....i don't really see the Braves or the Reds putting together a solid offer in the off season

The Twins will get it done.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
https://www.facebook.com/CSNChicago/vid ... 894091429/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:53 am 
100000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

And yet you shit on the Chapman deal?

Chapman for 3 months < Quintana for 3 years

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:21 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
America wrote:

Getting sale allows a motivated team to also go after another ace pay level pitcher in free agency. This makes a team like boston, with a ready offense and money to burn, a several year window of top contention

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Avi is red hot. He's gonna save this season.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Tim Anderson hit by a pitch on the hand in the first inning, taken out of the game when the Sox took the field.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
FrankDrebin wrote:
Tim Anderson hit by a pitch on the hand in the first inning, taken out of the game when the Sox took the field.

X Rays negative according to Farmer. I love day baseball.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Quintana has his runs. Let's see what happens next.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next