It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:32 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Why was it "clumsily handled"?

This.

There was a press release.

What is "clumsy" about that?
He jumped on the fact that like two White Sox employees, who may have been Eaton and Ventura were like "Call it what you want".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Why was it "clumsily handled"?

This.

There was a press release.

What is "clumsy" about that?

the OPTICS!!! you can't ignore the OPTICS!!!

a baseball team no one cares for renamed a stadium no on goes to with a company no one has heard of.

idk. best i got.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Average Superburbanite(TM) who's afraid of The City wrote:
more like "Guaranteed Rape Field" amirite?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Why was it "clumsily handled"? And is he really trying to asscoaite druunken fans with corporate naming rights? Was the guy who attacked Randy Myers chewing Wrigley's Spearmint?

bernstein's world:

Nuveen sign and GIANT TELEVISIONS defacing Wrigley: Sheer Jewish Genius displayed by goyim named Ricketts and Kenney. Maybe Theo is rubbing off. Monetize everything. Keep the revenue streams running.

Sox change corporate stadium sponsors: Sad and clumsy. Unfortunate.

Wrigley has never looked better.

I think it looked better on October 14, 2003.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I thought this was a joke when I read it. Why not get Depends or the American Association of Morticians to sponsor it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Guaranteed 2nd rate team.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Guaranteed not to post when something goes wrong for the Cubs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's funny that a fan of the worst team in baseball since WWII could call another team "2nd rate". Sometimes you're a loser and you don't even know it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:46 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's funny that a fan of the worst team in baseball since WWII could call another team "2nd rate". Sometimes you're a loser and you don't even know it.

If the Cubs ever win the World Series the narrative will be: it was worth the wait. Except for the thousands of people who are already dead.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:07 am 

Quote:
The White Sox's new stadium naming rights deal with Chicago-based mortgage lender Guaranteed Rate is worth a fraction of the team's previous contract with U.S. Cellular.

Under the 13-year agreement announced last week that renames the South Side ballpark Guaranteed Rate Field on Nov. 1, the Sox will get $20.4 million over the next 10 years for naming rights, or about $2 million per year, Illinois Sports Facilities Authority records show.

That compares to the $3.4 million that U.S. Cellular paid the team on average per year since it bought naming rights to the park in 2003 for a 20-year term.

It is also substantially less than the average fee for naming rights to MLB venues. Including U.S. Cellular Field, the 20 Major League Baseball parks that have naming rights partners pull in an average of $4.4 million per year from those deals, according to data from Chicago-based sponsorship trend research group IEG.

Removing the outlier that is Citi Field in New York, where the bank pays $20 million per year to put its name on the Mets' stadium, that average is reduced to $3.6 million per year.

FULL VALUE OF THE DEAL

But naming rights alone may not paint the full picture of the value the Sox get from the Guaranteed Rate deal.

The company also signed a second, separate sponsorship agreement with the Sox that includes "various branding, promotional and hospitality benefits, along with joint marketing opportunities," according to a team statement. The Sox announced yesterday, for example, that Guaranteed Rate will be a presenting partner of its SoxFest convention in January.

That means the team could still be pulling in as much or more overall from Guaranteed Rate than it did from U.S. Cellular.

The team declined to share financial details of that second agreement.

Being an involved corporate partner is something U.S. Cellular—which is no longer active in the Chicago market, despite its local headquarters—had no apparent plans to do for the final six years of its contract.

U.S. Cellular "realized that (the Sox) were losing an opportunity with a naming rights partner to really activate the partnership and help us drive people to the park," White Sox marketing chief Brooks Boyer said last week on a conference call with reporters. In a follow-up email yesterday, he noted "fans can expect aggressive co-promotion in addition to the naming rights."

Keeping a naming rights partner that is no longer promoting itself in the market is an unenviable position that likely played a role in the team's decision to cut ties with U.S. Cellular with six seasons left on their contract, said IEG Senior Vice President Jim Andrews.

"There is value to a team or any property to having your sponsors doing some of your marketing for you," said Andrews, adding that some sponsorship contracts explicitly require minimum levels of activation in the market. "It will get you into channels that you're probably not going to be marketing to yourself."

TIES TO THE PREVIOUS DEAL

The financial terms of Guaranteed Rate's deal, disclosed to in an amendment to the Sox's lease with ISFA, the government agency that owns and operates the park, are tied to the structure of U.S. Cellular's agreement.

That deal coincided with a 2003 ISFA bond sale to fund a series of renovations to the park, including re-configuring sections of the upper deck to make it less steep.

At that time, the Sox agreed to forgo a portion of ballpark maintenance funding it would have received from ISFA. The agency put that money toward retiring the bonds. But the Sox still pocketed all naming rights fees from U.S. Cellular.

The team was due to receive $20.4 million more from U.S. Cellular between now and the end of the deal in 2022. The company will pay a one-time buyout fee—the amount wasn't revealed—toward that total, with Guaranteed Rate picking up the rest.

But at $2 million per year, payments to the Sox won't equal what the team would have received from U.S. Cellular until 2027.

That's when Guaranteed Rate will begin paying its naming rights fee to ISFA; the agency estimates it will receive between $4.7 million and $6.4 million from the company during the final years of the agreement.

Additional revenue and savings late during the next decade will be critical for ISFA, which uses hotel tax revenue and annual city and state subsidies to pay off the debt from the renovation of Soldier Field and the construction and maintenance of the Sox's park.

That annual debt obligation will steadily balloon from $38.5 million for the year ending June 30, 2017, to $87 million in 2032.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:08 am 

Quote:
U.S. Cellular "realized that (the Sox) were losing an opportunity with a naming rights partner to really activate the partnership and help us drive people to the park," White Sox marketing chief Brooks Boyer said last week on a conference call with reporters. In a follow-up email yesterday, he noted "fans can expect aggressive co-promotion in addition to the naming rights."

That's a little much :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's last year's news. No longe4 5he worst team in baseball.
The past is for cowards and losers.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Cubs won 97 games last season, the wild card and their NLDS series as well, before being eliminated in the NLCS. The Sox have not avoided a losing record in years and even managed to have a worse record a few years ago, when the Cubs were tanking and the Sox were TRYING to contend. I told you a year ago that the Cubs would win 100 or more games this year and begin truly contending (I also said it was a year early last year) and it looks like they will indeed win 100 or more. I also said Bryant would eclipse the HR and RBI totals he had in 2015 and be an MVP candidate. He has already eclipsed the HR total and is considered a top MVP candidate. Sox fans who cling to a title that happened over a decade ago and have had their team achieve a losing record year after year, really should not cast stones. the Cubs will continue to dominate and contend for (and hopefully win) multiple titles in the years to come. Get used to the Cubs being vastly superior.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

101 W's last year,buddy!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Douchebag wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
The Chicago White Sox proudly play their home games at "Guaranteed Rate Field", where interest is at an all-time low!

:lol: :lol:

That's one of the best one-liner's I ever read on here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:19 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
The Chicago White Sox proudly play their home games at "Guaranteed Rate Field", where interest is at an all-time low!

That's one of the best one-liner's I ever read on here!

That was good. :!:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:31 am 

It could be worse. Rutgers just signed a deal to name their football stadium SHI Stadium.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:06 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It could be worse. Rutgers just signed a deal to name their football stadium SHI Stadium.

The headlines write themselves:

Quote:
Rutgers signs stadium rights deal with IT provider SHI

https://www.newsday.com/news/region-sta ... 1.34019348

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The headlines write themselves:

Quote:
Rutgers signs stadium rights deal with IT provider SHI

https://www.newsday.com/news/region-sta ... 1.34019348

SHI IT? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6