It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
A total rebuild makes no sense given the starting pitching the Sox have.

If the Sox jumped out and signed Dexter Fowler, got a real DH, and a couple bullpen arms, they'd be contenders.

This is said, EVERY year. Sign a big bat, they do and he ends up hitting .200. I am starting to think, they tell him to worry about HRs and not your avg or OBP. Frazier seems to of entered this little club with Dunn and Laroache.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Well, probably not 2 years. But 3-4, with the right moves, sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Its makes perfect sense given that you trade some/most of that pitching for MANY prospects. In two years this team could be real good. Going after a DH, bullpen arms, and spending money on old players is exactly what they have done for years now. Do you realize It has not worked?

Its time for something different from the Sox and you.

How are the Sox doing at picking prospects? That drafting has been going real well. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:27 am 

Cashman wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

If the Sox jumped out and signed Dexter Fowler, got a real DH, and a couple bullpen arms, they'd be contenders.

This is said, EVERY year. Sign a big bat, they do and he ends up hitting .200. I am starting to think, they tell him to worry about HRs and not your avg or OBP. Frazier seems to of entered this little club with Dunn and Laroache.

If La Roche and Dunn hit 40 HRs and drove in 100 each year, people would have been satisfied with their production

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:28 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Its makes perfect sense given that you trade some/most of that pitching for MANY prospects. In two years this team could be real good. Going after a DH, bullpen arms, and spending money on old players is exactly what they have done for years now. Do you realize It has not worked?

How are the Sox doing at picking prospects? That drafting has been going real well. :roll:

I'll leave it to others to handle the specifics but the 2016 Sox draft is highly regarded

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:38 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I'll leave it to others to handle the specifics but the 2016 Sox draft is highly regarded

IMO, the 1st 2 rounds were really good. That 2nd round guy Hansen was supposed to be like a top 10 talent but had control issues. You might have the (2) 1st rd picks and him up next year if not the year after for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:38 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

When you draft top 10, and you pick the best pitcher, yeah it is gonna go well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:39 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

If La Roche and Dunn hit 40 HRs and drove in 100 each year, people would have been satisfied with their production

Depends. His doubles were half of what they were the year before. So, if his power numbers were up to compensate, I would say yes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:35 pm 

It's been rumored that Cespedes will be opting out of his contract with the Mets. I'm going to assume wants to stay in NY and is using it to get more money out of them. He would fit with the Sox. However, this year signing him requires losing a draft pick.

I still think the better move is Fowler if the Cubs don't offer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
It's been rumored that Cespedes will be opting out of his contract with the Mets. I'm going to assume wants to stay in NY and is using it to get more money out of them. He would fit with the Sox. However, this year signing him requires losing a draft pick.

Cespedes isn't worth the draft pick or the money he'll demand. I'd love to have him, but, as you said, he'll probably stay in NY. Fowler would be worth it. And the Sox may actually be able to sign him. Plus, there's this:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
formerlyknownas wrote:

Section 118 Crew Represent!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Move team out of Chicago. Crash into a telephone pole on the way out of the city. Die in ensuing fire.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:18 pm 

suburbanite wrote:
Move team out of Chicago. Crash into a telephone pole on the way out of the city. Die in ensuing fire.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
You guys see anyone on here?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/09/2 ... ngs-5.html

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Wow,Free Agency sucks next year.

I thought the Sox might want to pursue Carlos Beltran for a DH but not for 15 mil....YIKES!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
There are position players in FA that could help, but geez...SP market looks awful. I don't see the Sox signing FA at CF, C, 1B/DH which is where they need the most help. 2B also could be upgraded.

They're fucked.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
sign Conor Gillespie to a huge deal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Fowler and Trumbo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:27 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Fowler and Trumbo.

Fowler might actually be doable. I would love to see that.....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
No.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:35 pm 

Better fans.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:28 pm 

Quote:
Rick Hahn should make a serious offer to Jose Bautista

Matt Enuco November 2, 2016 AL Central, Chicago White Sox, MLB, Toronto Blue Jays

Jose Bautista becomes a free agent this off-season and there will be more than a few teams clamoring for his attention. The Toronto Blue Jays slugger turned in a respectable season hitting. 234 with 22 home runs and 69 runs batted in. It will certainly be difficult for teams to woo Bautista away from Toronto, but with reported demands of $150 million over five years and nothing but a qualifying offer on the table, Bautista seems poised to walk.

Bautista will have to assuage fears of two enormous issues—his increasing age and declining offensive production. He is a far cry from the three-year stretch he had from 2010-2012 where he combined for 124 home runs and 292 RBI. With all of that offensive production, Bautista walked over 100 times in two of those seasons and was issued 24 intentional walks in 2011. That same year, his WAR peaked at just over eight but has yo-yoed back and forth since, and in 2016, Bautista’s WAR was a measly one.

Most people believe Bautista will stay with the Blue Jays because of their bright future, however, his numbers are hard to justify in the middle of the line-up. Troy Tulowitzki and Josh Donaldson provide a lot of protection, but the Blue Jays will use other marquee free agents, like Mark Trumbo and Colby Rasmus as leverage in negotiations.

If the Blue Jays want to contend in the American League East they need to avoid overpaying Bautista, especially if they can replace him with another offensive powerhouse for similar money.

Bautista will probably end up with a five-year deal for the same yearly wage. It’s hard to believe Jay Alou, Bautista’s agent, could make a case for an increase given his anemic numbers. The Chicago White Sox could swoop in and gain veteran presence from Bautista for young players like Rymer Liriano and hope for quality production.

In 2016, Bautista earned $14 million in the final year of a club friendly five-year, $64 million deal. It’s hard to believe that any general manager is in a rush to give Bautista his reported demands, but if Rick Hahn could structure a two to three year deal worth $24-$42 million with club options on the back end, we could see Jose Bautista in black and white pinstripes.

The only fly in the ointment in this scenario is if Bautista accepts the $17.2 million qualifying offer that Toronto plans to tender —although it seems clear that Bautista will test the market.

Bautista would be thrilled if Toronto offered that sum in a long-term format, considering his poor offensive season, but the Blue Jays would be incredibly foolish to make that kind of deal. With the World Series coming to a close and little media buzz from either camp, it seems likely Bautista is more concerned with tenure rather than money for his final contract.

Matt Enuco is a Staff Writer for Outside Pitch MLB covering the Chicago White Sox.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
It would take Hawk all of about 1 week to lose his shit and tell him to get back on the boat with his bat flipping.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Quote:
Matt Enuco is a Staff Writer for Outside Pitch MLB and posts at The CFMB under Keyser Soze covering the Chicago White Sox.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:21 am 

formerlyknownas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Cespedes isn't worth the draft pick or the money he'll demand. I'd love to have him, but, as you said, he'll probably stay in NY. Fowler would be worth it. And the Sox may actually be able to sign him. Plus, there's this:

not a single man looking at the back of the jersey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
good dolphin wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

not a single man looking at the back of the jersey

Us married guys aren't either!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:40 am 

So scratch Fowler off the list. He definitely is not worth losing a 1st Rd over.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:55 am 

Correct

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:54 pm 

I guess its going to end up being a platoon of Jackson and some other player who can hit lefties well in CF.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next