It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RELAX
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Cubs need to focus. Sox need to RELAX.

Someone will talk about your team again. You're just going to have to wait a few months. Sit back, RELAX, and enjoy the time off.

Post subject: Re: RELAX
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
What happened the last time the Sox brought in a LATIN manager?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:

Someone will talk about your team again. You're just going to have to wait a few months. Sit back, RELAX, and enjoy the time off.

Why would we want anyone talking about our team?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Why would we want anyone talking about our team?

leash is using a popular coping technique called "deflecting".

Sad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:16 pm 

The sox are fine. With a good off-season they could make the playoffs next year and that is the only thing that matters.

Top ten is the one goal!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I just want my team to have a chance at winning the World Series. If they don't, Oh well maybe next year.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I just want my team to have a chance at winning the World Series. If they don't, Oh well maybe next year.

Why is that a controversial stance? I'm being well balanced. Should I gouge out my eyes if they lose? What are you doing to atone for another season missing the playoffs? I need to know what a real fan does.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Why is that a controversial stance? I'm being well balanced. Should I gouge out my eyes if they lose? What are you doing to atone for another season missing the playoffs? I need to know what a real fan does.

I think it's OBVIUOS! He trolls the fans of a great team!! Frank has a lot of time on his hands after breakfast???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't think you should gouge your eyes out or quit rooting for the Cubs if they lose.

But I must say its a very strange stance to take basically saying that you are OK if the Cubs lose in the DS or CS. Sure, you will be sad. Who wouldn't? The Cubs were the best team in baseball from pitch one. They will have home field throughout the NL playoffs. They are healthy. Their rotation will be set up exactly the way they want. Anything less than a World Series appearance is an utter failure. Everything I just said here is completely irrelevant to the Cubs seemingly being set up to be good for a long time. Being in the playoffs next year is not guaranteed to any team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:13 pm 

lol your team sucks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't think you should gouge your eyes out or quit rooting for the Cubs if they lose.

But I must say its a very strange stance to take basically saying that you are OK if the Cubs lose in the DS or CS. Sure, you will be sad. Who wouldn't? The Cubs were the best team in baseball from pitch one. They will have home field throughout the NL playoffs. They are healthy. Their rotation will be set up exactly the way they want. Anything less than a World Series appearance is an utter failure. Everything I just said here is completely irrelevant to the Cubs seemingly being set up to be good for a long time. Being in the playoffs next year is not guaranteed to any team.

My life has changed 0.00% from when the Cubs sucked for three years to now when they're good. I've watched them on TV a more often but that's the only change. If they lose then onto next year where they probably lose again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:20 pm 

That's a healthy attitude.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm 

I'm gonna start taking life advice from Frank. If the Cubs don't win it all, I'm just gonna start shooting at people.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:41 pm 

That's not a healthy attitude.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:50 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

:lol: This is your opinion.

It's amazing that everyone single person in a entire fandom should have the exact same expectations.

I believe that the front office has little control over how a team performs in the playoffs. I realize many of you disagree. That's fine... but it's not going to change how I view it. IF a team gets in the playoffs consistently, that is a win for me. Now, let me break this down very carefully for Sox fans who either aren't capable or aren't willing to try to understand why I say that... I want to win a World Series, and I believe that the best odds to do so are to get into the playoffs every year. Once you are in the playoffs, the smallest thing gone wrong can kill your chances (see: Cubs, 2003). Therefore, you are wrong to label all Cubs fans as "being happy" with just making the playoffs. I am saying that making the playoffs consistently gives the best chances to win a World Series. I think I said that like five times in that paragraph, so hopefully it sinks in. Because of this way of thinking, I am not one to judge any individual season on a lack of winning the World Series. There's too much that's left to chance in the postseason in baseball.

Additionally, I am curious to see exactly what some of you Sock fans think you have changed with the Sox through your ardent disagreement with their direction. Do you think Jerry Reinsdorf gives two shits what some guy who runs naked through Lakemoore once a year thinks? Kenny Williams has been running a circus over there for the better part of a decade. I haven't seen the fans "force" Jerry to make any real chance. The only people who could even conceivably have an impact on the direction of their sports team is season ticket holders, and even that is not much.

This whole conversation is some sort of weird fantasy that doesn't actually exist.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:53 pm 

Nobody is making the argument that being angry or indifferent changes anything. It's just that most of us normal people associate fandom with actually caring how your team performs.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nobody is making the argument that being angry or indifferent changes anything. It's just that most of us normal people associate fandom with actually caring how your team performs.

I'm going to assume at this point you're either trolling or have comprehension problems. We aren't talking about the emotional reaction to a loss. Fans of any team are upset anytime any team loses. How is that distinct to the World Series? We would be upset if they didn't make the playoffs, if they lost in the NLDS, or if they lost in the NLCS too. This conversation is about expectations of the team and the management.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 pm 

I don't think it's weird. I think it's an interesting look at how people view their favorite team, and sports in general.

Some see it as simply escapism and if you can keep me entertained for 5 months and get a chance at a title, that's good enough.

Some want their team to be recognized as the best and a champion.

I also don't think there is a wrong answer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I don't think it's weird. I think it's an interesting look at how people view their favorite team, and sports in general.

Some see it as simply escapism and if you can keep me entertained for 5 months and get a chance at a title, that's good enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:04 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm going to assume at this point you're either trolling or have comprehension problems. We aren't talking about the emotional reaction to a loss. Fans of any team are upset anytime any team loses. How is that distinct to the World Series? We would be upset if they didn't make the playoffs, if they lost in the NLDS, or if they lost in the NLCS too. This conversation is about expectations of the team and the management.

The conversation started with reaction to losing in the postseason AND about expectations of the team and management. Try to keep up.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:07 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Yeah, agreed.

It's funny because people who know me in person would describe me as fanatical about how my team does. I will live and die with the Cubs in the playoffs this year, just as I did last year. It's hard to watch the games, I'm so nervous.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The conversation started with reaction to losing in the postseason AND about expectations of the team and management. Try to keep up.

Well, no one said they didn't care if their team lost, so I'm not even sure what you're making at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:08 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:11 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Well, no one said they didn't care if their team lost, so I'm not even sure what you're making at this point.

You must have GoldenJet on ignore.

GoldenJet wrote:
Yep...I will try my damndest to not get out over my skis ever again with this team...If they win it...I'll be ecstatic and shed many tears. If they lose, meh.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You must have GoldenJet on ignore.

GoldenJet wrote:
Yep...I will try my damndest to not get out over my skis ever again with this team...If they win it...I'll be ecstatic and shed many tears. If they lose, meh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

What I bolded leash is a fact.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:56 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

That is literally not a fact. It is, by definition, an opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

Fact.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:08 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

That is literally not a fact. It is, by definition, an opinion.

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Leash, please explain how the Cubs are not healthy and how the pitching rotation will not be set up to their liking.