It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls ... e-suffered

The White Sox took to Twitter on Saturday night to congratulate their crosstown rivals on earning their first World Series berth since 1945.

Two days later Jerry Reinsdorf took it a step farther.

The White Sox owner told Chicago Sun-Times' Michael Sneed that he'll be rooting for the Cubs when they begin their series against the Cleveland Indians on Tuesday.

"I think it would be great for Chicago if the Cubs won!

"Cubs fans have suffered enough. They deserve to have a winner. It would be great for the city.

"My White Sox fans won't be happy with me saying this. They'll think I'm a traitor. But that's how I feel."

Reinsdorf may have felt different had his White Sox not hoisted the World Series trophy in 2005. But he understands how Cubs fans feel; when the South Siders won the 2005 World Series it ended an 87-year drought. That was the second longest drought in MLB history, behind only the Cubs and their current 107-year streak.

Perhaps the fact that the Cubs are playing a White Sox AL Central rival in the Indians helps matters.

[SHOP: Buy a "Try Not to Suck" shirt with proceeds benefiting Joe Maddon's Respect 90 Foundation & other Cubs Charities]

Either way, Reinsdorf is hoping to see the Cubbies bring home the title for the first time since 1908.

"I have never been a Cubs fan," Reinsdorf said. "But I really do wish them well."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:45 pm 

JR is rooting for his money to win

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Hawk is also rooting for the Cubs.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-white-sox-fans-view-cubs-spt-1013-20161012-story.html

Quote:
Ken "Hawk" Harrelson has been a Sox broadcaster for 32 seasons, and he has no qualms about showcasing his affection for the South Siders.

But even he wants the Cubs to win the World Series — and said he picked them to do so.

He thinks the Cubs are fun to watch, but his reasoning for hoping they win is based on his love for Chicago. He believes when one team wins in the city, it forces the others to better themselves, pointing to the early '80s when the Sox won their division in 1983, the Cubs won theirs in 1984 and the 1985 Bears won the Super Bowl.

"(The Cubs) are going to be there for a few years," Harrelson said. "They're going to get better, and I like that because it forces us to have to get better. (Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf) is a little long in the tooth now, and he's not going to let those guys kick our asses for the rest of his time here."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:07 pm 

If the Cubs force the Sox to think they have to get better you have one fucked up organization

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I know. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I agree, but at this point if thats what it takes to kick Jerry in the ass and put a playoff team on the field, so be it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
RFDC wrote:
If the Cubs force the Sox to think they have to get better you have one fucked up organization

I have to admit that I was fine with the White Sox winning in 2005 for this exact reason: more pressure on the Tribune, especially after the 2004 collapse in September from that miserable roster of assholes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
What did you expect him to say? There are plenty of meatballs in this city to spread meatball vibes. He doesn't need to be the one doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Didn't the White Sox put up a crappy billboard near Wrigley when they won the World Series in 2005?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Didn't the White Sox put up a crappy billboard near Wrigley when they won the World Series in 2005?

I believe you are thinking of the 1997 billboard not from the Sox but from WMVP.

The one that said Major League Baseball: 8.1 Miles South?