It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:37 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Literally no one cares nor remembers as witness by media reports this year.

All that matters is the WS is won.

You'll know the truth. Even worse is that you know that we know the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Come on Cubs fans. Drop the jealousy of 2005. You are watching your team win a title right now.

Jealously?

Cubs haven't won a WS and Frank/dolphin already planting the flag the Sox WS was better.

Just letting them no one cares nor will care.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:39 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Come on Cubs fans. Drop the jealousy of 2005. You are watching your team win a title right now.

Jealously?

Cubs haven't won a WS and Frank/dolphin already planting the flag the Sox WS was better.

Just letting them no one cares nor will care.
Yes. Jealousy.

Let the White Sox fans think 2005 was better. It probably was.

Just enjoy your own title.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Come on, Rick!
Look at the post above you.
It's people like little double yolk boy that make Sox fans look stupid.
He is more obsessed with analyzing the Cubs' playoff run than any Cub fan.
This Cub season is driving him nuts (as if he wasn't already there!).
I really was indifferent about 2005, maybe even a little pleased that they won it.
People like Frank should just STFU.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:42 am 

SteveSarley wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Come on, Rick!
I really was indifferent about 2005, maybe even a little pleased that they won it.
All Frank is doing is discounting the Cubs title like MANY Cubs fans do about 2005. He's playing chess while you play checkers.

If all Cubs fans agreed that the White Sox were a historically great team then this would not be an issue. Sadly, they do not. Hopefully they are getting a good lesson this postseason on how hard it is to be as dominant as the 2005 White Sox were.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Exactly. When 2005 was talked about, it was "Oh the Astros sucked, and the Sox got luck and AJ stole 1st base!"

Now that the Cubs are playing in the World Series, 'All that matters is who won.' Cubs fans cannot have it both ways.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:45 am 

they were not a historically great team. they did have a historically great playoff run though

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:45 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Come on, Rick!
All Frank is doing is discounting the Cubs title like MANY Cubs fans do about 2005. He's playing chess while you play checkers.

If all Cubs fans agreed that the White Sox were a historically great team then this would not be an issue. Sadly, they do not. Hopefully they are getting a good lesson this postseason on how hard it is to be as dominant as the 2005 White Sox were.

Especially against such weak competition, right Rick?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:47 am 

SteveSarley wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Come on, Rick!

Especially against such weak competition, right Rick?
Weak competition? They dominated the best GM of all time!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:48 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
they were not a historically great team. they did have a historically great playoff run though

Agreed. They were not a historically great team. They just played like a historically great team for 7 months.

100000 CLUB

:lol: Now it goes from the Sox were lucky, the Astros sucked, to the Sox were not historically great?

The fact is they were the first AL team since (I believe) the 1920s to be in 1st place wire to wire and sweep the World Series. If that is not historically great, than none of us have been alive to see a historically great baseball team. That includes what is happening during the 2016 season.

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Its a good thing for you that all that matters is who won, because then the media will not talk about a historically weak NL, The Giants having to win a WC card and only use Bumgarner once, and the Indians not having half of their starting rotation, their #1 catcher, or the best position player IF the Cubs win this series.

I am pretty sure the media will be talking about this as the beginning of a dynasty. The path to it, while often derided during its infancy, will show the foresight, patience, and intelligence of TheoCo into building a powerhouse. In addition, it will dis spell the notion that building on the fly and trying to win every year is the preferred path with the South Side team as exhibit one. You have a team with two MVP candidates, two Cy Young candidates and so much talent that you can't even get it all on the field.

GO CUBS GO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:49 am 

Can someone check my history to see if I bothered posting in the Cub section in October of 2005?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:49 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

Yes, they were historically great, even better than the '27 Yankees.
Don't believe me?
Just ask Pancake Frank, he'll tell you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:51 am 

You guys can't just say "They weren't historically great" when we have actual reasons and you just have "I SAY SO" to go on.

As I said, maybe when you guys win the World Series you will have a different perspective.

The Sox being historically great in 2005 doesn't mean you guys aren't really good too!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:52 am 

denisdman wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Its a good thing for you that all that matters is who won, because then the media will not talk about a historically weak NL, The Giants having to win a WC card and only use Bumgarner once, and the Indians not having half of their starting rotation, their #1 catcher, or the best position player IF the Cubs win this series.

I am pretty sure the media will be talking about this as the beginning of a dynasty. The path to it, while often derided during its infancy, will show the foresight, patience, and intelligence of TheoCo into building a powerhouse. In addition, it will dis spell the notion that building on the fly and trying to win every year is the preferred path with the South Side team as exhibit one. You have a team with two MVP candidates, two Cy Young candidates and so much talent that you can't even get it all on the field.

GO CUBS GO.

Theo has already disavowed the path he took the Cubs on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:54 am 

Pancake Frank? Haha. Man, you guys are relentless.

The '05 Sox team was fun, and I was happy for my friends that are fans of the White Sox. They had an awesome run in the playoffs. I'd never take away from that and piss on someone else's parade.

The media is going nuts with this Cubs team. Schwarb's got his dick sucked by everyone on tv last night. It's like they put him in a Slurpee machine, had free icee day, all on a 102 degree summer day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:54 am 
100000 CLUB

Quit making up quotes, Sarley. You will just come across looking even more ridiculous than you already are. I never said the Sox were better than the '27 Yankees. I did say the 2005 Sox were historically great, because that is a fact.

If the Yankees did what the Sox did in 2005-- a guy with 0 HRs hitting a World Series walkoff, Urbie's great defense in game 4 of the WS, four complete games, sweeping the defending WS Champs-- the media WOULD be calling them one of the greatest baseball teams of all time. And MANY would probably agree. I am not going that far, but its a lot closer than you choose to believe.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:55 am 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

GO CUBS GO.

Theo has already disavowed the path he took the Cubs on.

Oh do tell.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:56 am 

Historically great teams are remembered...it's what make them "historically great"

Sox had a great playoff run. Their regular season wasn't anything special

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:58 am 

Cubs fans are like the guys that finally get a nice job and a nice house and a nice car and it isn't good enough and instead they want everyone to tell them how awesome they are and how they have it so much better than their neighbors. Buying that Porsche and parking it in your driveway while you wash it every weekend won't heal the hole in your heart Cubbie Nation! Just enjoy life and be happy with what you have rather than looking at your other neighbors and seeing what they have.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:03 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Historically great teams are remembered...it's what make them "historically great"
Seems like you remember a lot about the 2005 Chicago White Sox!

But hey, if you want to have a "feelings championship ranking" go ahead. We will worry more about facts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:03 am 

why is the subdivision being so sensitive to the truth?

what's with the knee jerk desire to compare their WS to something the Cubs haven't won?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:10 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quit making up quotes, Sarley. You will just come across looking even more ridiculous than you already are. I never said the Sox were better than the '27 Yankees. I did say the 2005 Sox were historically great, because that is a fact.

If the Yankees did what the Sox did in 2005-- a guy with 0 HRs hitting a World Series walkoff, Urbie's great defense in game 4 of the WS, four complete games, sweeping the defending WS Champs-- the media WOULD be calling them one of the greatest baseball teams of all time. And MANY would probably agree. I am not going that far, but its a lot closer than you choose to believe.

LOL
Making up quotes, yes I did, Pancake Frank.
But now you go on to document the points that you claim make the Sox legendary.
Then you finish by saying they were "a lot closer" to Murderer's Row than I think?
Order another round of Texas toast and shut up. You're looking more and more foolish!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:13 am 

SteveSurley. Just enjoy this Steve.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Kirkwood wrote:

This here is a thing. Wire to wire from beginning to end. What else should they have done? As far as the history you can't really look way back when there were no divisional playoffs. I keep thinking to myself since the addition of divisions how many teams have had a WS victory run with only a single loss?

denisdman wrote:
SteveSurley. Just enjoy this Steve.

I couldn't be enjoying it more, Denis!

pizza_Place: giordanos
Kirkwood wrote:

Furthermore, how would you feel if your Cub WS win was last year rather than this year? After all, they were only a wild card.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:15 am 
100000 CLUB

SteveSarley wrote:
Making up quotes, yes I did, Pancake Frank.
Good. I'm glad you admit that your credibility is now lost.

SteveSarley wrote:
But now you go on to document the points that you claim make the Sox legendary.
Then you finish by saying they were "a lot closer" to Murderer's Row than I think?
For whatever reason, it is very clear you think the 2005 Sox were not very good. So yes, the Sox are a lot close to a legendary team than you think they are. They are tied with for the best postseason record in history. (Mike, the 1998 Yankees and 2005 Sox went 11-1 in the postseason. That is the best in the Division era.) That is the stuff of legend. You are incorrect. These are facts.

SteveSarley wrote:
Order another round of Texas toast and shut up.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:16 am 

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next